• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should the Main Series Games ever feature an NPC with a full team of Lv. 100 Pokémon?

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Imagine a bonus post game battle against an NPC with a full team of 6 level 100 Pokémon would that make for a truly epic Post Game Ultimate Test? If so who should this truly powerful NPC be? I’d say make it the Legendary Trainer Red but what do you think?

RoughCoronet0

Dragon lover
I would certainly enjoy seeing Red having a lv 100 team that we could battle, with his team utilizing whatever battle mechanic is known in said region. N is another trainer I’d like to see have a team we could challenge.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I wouldn’t mind but they’d have to have good AI, strategy, movesets, and overall story relevance so it’s not just a cakewalk

As for who it should be, it should be Satoshi Tajiri in the hypothetical last game of the series. I’d imagine he’d be in some forest with a team of Bug Types to reflecting his childhood passion of catching bugs which ultimately led to Pokémon’s creation.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Do you mean outside of the Battle Frontier or similar? Red comes pretty close, but for him to be the ultimate "true" final boss, his Pokémon should all be at level 100.

As for who it should be, it should be Satoshi Tajiri in the hypothetical last game of the series. I’d imagine he’d be in some forest with a team of Bug Types to reflecting his childhood passion of catching bugs which ultimately led to Pokémon’s creation.

Here's what I imagine his team would be (all level 100, of course):

• Heracross
  • Pinsir
  • Beedrill
  • Butterfree
  • Venomoth
  • Volcarona

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
I wouldn’t mind but they’d have to have good AI, strategy, movesets, and overall story relevance so it’s not just a cakewalk

Imagine if they took a page out of Mike Tyson’s Punch Out and not only gave him a LV 100 team but also Perfect IV’s/EV’s and Known Competitive movesets and items at that time.

Joycap

The Smogonites' personal George Orwell
Hell no. It's bad enough that the boss battle facility trainers are broken so why do we need a normal NPC with level 100 Pokemon who would be just as tough?

Actually this is a fair point, if not the best response that could be given. Battle Institution(s) / Fixed level etc. makes a full 100s team almost unnecessary (lest you want to say 'hey this changes the sentiment in some way' a la Lv. 50's slight power creep).

This is kinda what Multiplayer is for, or flat rule replays 'mock vs' from ORAS/SM/USUM etc. if you're insistent on it being an AI.
Want to throw together a 'champ team' vs yourself? Go crazy go stupid.

MrJechgo

In Stadium 1 and 2, the Prime Cup had opponents with Pokémon that matched your highest leveled Pokémon from 50 to 100, and the rental Pokémon were also lvl. 100. Mewtwo was lvl. 100 in Stadium 1.

Any post-game secret opponent could get a lvl. 100 team, at this point.

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
I could see the good and bad about that because skilled players would be pleased to have tougher opponents but newer players might get frustrated. I think that's why the Battle Frontier didn't appear after Gen 4 because GF realized that most fans don't want to play games that are super challenging. :(

WaterTypeStarter

Technically if you go into the Battle Tower in FRLG with a level 100 Pokemon in your party, all the trainers you will face will have level 100 Pokemon.