• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should the Movies Return to the Theaters?

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
^Well, what you just said all made perfect sense. So thanks :)

It's just wierd, some of the stuff you said was told to me by my friends who hate pokemon now.

Riolo22

Lucario Trainer
I remember going to see the first movie, I was mad that I didn't get the cards they offered, but w/e the movie was awesome...my mother slept through it though.

The second movie, I think I just waited for VHS to come out. The third movie I saw in theaters, got entei promo, and was happy (again, mother slept through hole thing...)

The other movies I either bought or rented from Blockbuster...I still like them even though I am older than the age limit nowadays :D

Lucario was the best movie I liked...

As for them being in movie theaters again, I think sure, PUSA could make some more money off of them in theaters, but kids on the poorer side of the economy wouldn't be able to see them unless it wasn't on television as well. I think Cartoon network has done good showing them on television giving those kids on the poor side of the economy a chance to watch them as well as the other fans w/o making the fans pay for it.

But I do miss those promos they gave away at the movies, even though I don't play the tcg anymore.

Kipcha

I don't think so. I mean, Pokemon still has fans and all, but I don't think there are as many as there once were, and even though I loved going to see one and two in theatres, I just don't think it would still be a wise move. I don't think it would make an amazing profit.

yoshi1001

Pokémon Lyricist
I don't think so. I mean, Pokemon still has fans and all, but I don't think there are as many as there once were, and even though I loved going to see one and two in theatres, I just don't think it would still be a wise move. I don't think it would make an amazing profit.

I think a lot of the newer fans are probably too young to be frequenting forums such as these. There may be fewer fans in your age group (and probably fewer fans overall), but I think the numbers are stronger than your logic implies.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
The Fan range might not as well be huge as it use to be, so yeah. There aren't really even publicity events, just download days.

Short Wing

Home of the Braviary
The Fan range might not as well be huge as it use to be, so yeah. There aren't really even publicity events, just download days.

I agree the fan base isn't as numerous as it used to be and it would be too expensive to open in theaters and not have a large fan turn out. For example a lot of people from my town were into pokemon and saw the first movie. A lot of them even acted as pokemon during recess like being acting like Mewtwo from the 1st movie, but now that we're in High school I'm one of maybe 3 people who still like pokemon.

Faerie

MONS
I think the movies should most definitely return to the theaters. They would get really good reception, considering that the DVDs sell pretty well, and the download events get huge crowds. It was great to see them on the big screen the first time, and now that modern animaiton is being utilized, they would look even better.

Keroro

no u
Personally, I think they should show at least one of the newer movies in theaters here, just for the really big fans. I have really fond memories of going with my friends and seeing them in theaters, so I would certainly go.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I agree the fan base isn't as numerous as it used to be and it would be too expensive to open in theaters and not have a large fan turn out. For example a lot of people from my town were into pokemon and saw the first movie. A lot of them even acted as pokemon during recess like being acting like Mewtwo from the 1st movie, but now that we're in High school I'm one of maybe 3 people who still like pokemon.

I used to do that with my buddies, too. :D Ahh good memories. :D

Anyway, I see what you mean, so the love is mostly ancient history thats not forgotten.

BCVM22

I think the movies should most definitely return to the theaters. They would get really good reception.

No. No, they wouldn't. DVD sales are not in the slightest an indicator of what the turnout would be for a theatrical release.

Personally, I think they should show at least one of the newer movies in theaters here, just for the really big fans.

No, most distributors prefer to, y'know, make a profit if they're going to go to the trouble of a theatrical release.

People, this sort of thing is not handed by 10-year-olds or fly-by-night operations. They test and study these things a hundred times over: focus groups, pollings, economic studies, etc. and clearly all of these methods of data gathering indicate to the international distributing body that a North American theatrical release for the movies would not be a profitable venture. Simple as that - there is no argument. There is no reason for them to go to the trouble required for a theatrical release when not only would it not net a profit, but they can release it on DVD for just as much if not less money and get a better financial return from it.

Enough already.

Jaguar297

I'm back!
It really sucks that they stopped showing them in theaters and like, don't put events. Look at me(An expression)I live in Canada, barely barely any events and movie releases at all. Not even in theaters! :(

randomspot555

I think the movies should most definitely return to the theaters. They would get really good reception, considering that the DVDs sell pretty well, and the download events get huge crowds. It was great to see them on the big screen the first time, and now that modern animaiton is being utilized, they would look even better.

Even if the DVDs sell really well, (And I'm fairly certain they don't), the simple price tag of showing a movie in a theater (promotion, film, and all that crap) would absolutely decimate whatever profit they might make.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I can remember the events for the 2nd Movie. Some famous bands played, like Dream Street, well not really famous, and a young woman performed a song she name named "Dream". Ahh that was a cool event. But to have these cool events again, Pokemon needs to get more popular like it was in 2000.

Dream Street- "They Just Don't Understand"- Live Pokemon event
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5sEJfkHbvc&feature=related

halloweenghost

I'd qwish they would but I don't think they would make as much money in the theaters.... could but it would be a money risk.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Yeah, that's the real problem here. If they don't make the right amount of money, then that's a big risk or ending the series of money problems. Plus, I'm still worried about the Stock Crisis, where I hope the people making Pokemon episodes won't get laid off. If that does happen, Pokemon could end, enormously. (not really, but somewhat).

OBSESSED WITH PKNM

I'M BACK...MISS ME?
Yeah, that's the real problem here. If they don't make the right amount of money, then that's a big risk or ending the series of money problems. Plus, I'm still worried about the Stock Crisis, where I hope the people making Pokemon episodes won't get laid off. If that does happen, Pokemon could end, enormously. (not really, but somewhat).

that could be a huge problem, but i don't think that will affect the showing of the show, since it has nothing to do with the economy. i don't see how if any kind of stock crashes it will affect the people that air pknm.

did any of the pknm movies not make a bunch of money, i know that the first and second made a bundle, but what about the other ones what did they make in comparision?

BCVM22

Plus, I'm still worried about the Stock Crisis, where I hope the people making Pokemon episodes won't get laid off. If that does happen, Pokemon could end, enormously. (not really, but somewhat).

This is not a realistic concern in the slightest.

did any of the pknm movies not make a bunch of money, i know that the first and second made a bundle, but what about the other ones what did they make in comparision?

The North American theatrical releases were each less financially successful than the last, which is why Movie 5 was the last to receive such a release, and even then only in a limited capacity.

EnteiFirecracker

Destiny Calls
Personally, I'd love to see the Pokemon Movies return to the Cinemas but I don't think it'll happen. The money is the main problem and they aren't going to get it with Theatrical Releases.

OBSESSED WITH PKNM

I'M BACK...MISS ME?
ok now what do you think the reactiong would be to people if they had a pknm movie in theater. what do you think would happen???

because i think that a lot of people would see it, but not for the show, just for fun. and most of the people at my school would probly laugh at it...come to think about it i don't think that many will go, because i don't think that they would care...those are the only 2 out comes i can come up with for the reaction of if that happened