1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Should the next main rivla have the fire starter as his/her main?

Discussion in 'Animé Polls' started by LizardonX, Sep 5, 2012.

?

Topic question

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  3. I don't care either way

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  4. Ash's rival shouldn't use a starter

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  1. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

We've had 2 Major rivals with Water starters, 3 if you count barry, and 2 major rivals with grass starters but none really with a focus on fire starters. I think it's be cool to reverse the dynamic and give the rival the fire starter as their powerhouse and maybe this time have Ash's water starter pick up the slack and fully evolve.

2. JennaJayfeather

JennaJayfeather jflkdjkfgjafgaf

I'd say yes, but we know it'll go to Ash. //shot//

3. Mr. Ribbles

Mr. Ribbles Cubchoo Lover

Eh. i'm fine with it really. Maybe as sort of a Ash's Snivy and Trip's Serperior kinda thing, except with fire starters.

Then again, the fire starter in each region always evolves atleast once. (Yes, Cyndaquil counts. It was delayed, ALOT. But it counts.)

If you don't care, then don't post.

4. Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama Fancy footwork

It would be a fresh change, I'll like to see it. But, if Ash's powerhouse isn't a Fire type, it might be another Grass type to be the powerhouse, like Sceptile. Water needs to be the new powerhouse.

Water all the way! :p

Also, you made a mistake spelling 'rival'.

5. MegaSerperior

MegaSerperior <--- My life

I think it;d be an interesting twist and a way to start something new.

6. TheFonz

TheFonz Pokemon Semi-Master

It should have been Samurott VS Serperior since they were from the same lab. Serperior could have had Trip's cockiness to make a rivalry like Infernape and Electivire. It could have also added to the Ash and Trip "rivalry"

7. Lorde

Lorde Banned

I voted for the last option since it would be different and interesting. I'm really tired of the rivals owning overhyped Starters tbh.

8. BlueDragonfangirl

BlueDragonfangirl Well-Known Member

I honestly think for once Ash and his rival shouldn't have the same type of Pokemon, its been done with Paul and now Trip. I say let things be different with the next rival next series.

9. (P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N) AshXSerena = Canon

No way, fire starters are always the best and ash needs them.

10. Royal_Qeca

Royal_Qeca Pokémon Blue

"I don't care either way."

I just want a rival with good development.

11. Obviously I would have to see what this starter looks like. If the next fire starter looks cool, than I might want Ash to get it's fully evolved form, leaving another starter to the rival.

Since I am not a psychic, I don't care.

12. SuperPichu

SuperPichu Pokémon!

I personally think Ash's next rival should get the Fire Starter, it'd be a nice change and the closest we got to that was Paul and Richie. IMO Fire types suit rivals.

13. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

I'd much prefer rivals who didn't have generation starter Pokémon. Leave the starters primarily for Ash.....and maybe his travelling companions.....primarily Ash though.

14. Pepsi_Plunge

Pepsi_Plunge Dojyaaa~~aan

I don't care is one of the options...I choose the same, I dont care what starter the rival gets, thats no reason to hinder Satoshi in any way, its just a way for the fire starter haters to phantasyse about Satoshi not having a strong fire starter.

I love starters and my favourite character of the show is probably Satoshi so I always want him to get the 3 starters.

15. Umbilical Noose

Umbilical Noose Bonzo Nut

Which two major rivals having water starters are you talking about? I can only think of Gary at this point.

16. Pepsi_Plunge

Pepsi_Plunge Dojyaaa~~aan

Fat dude with Swampert but he wasn't amain rival just a league rival.

17. Janovy

Janovy Banned

Yes. Possibly an abused fire starter that evolves into a fire/fighting.

A truly unique and refreshing concept for a Pokémon.

18. Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Ash&Pikachu-Fan Pika-Speed

I chose, "I don't care either way" cause the rival is going to have a starter anyway although something new would be nice and I'm glad in Trip's case its different.

19. ludiloco

ludiloco Well-Known Member

I don't care either way, besides, we don't even know if Ash will have a "main rival" next season (if there is one), It could be a Hoenn-situation again.

Starters Ash battled against in leagues

Kanto: Charmander
    Johto: Quilava, Meganium, Blastoise, Blaziken
    Hoenn: Charizard, Quilava, Swampet, Sceptile
    Sinnoh: None

20. WhyHelloThere

WhyHelloThere Well-Known Member

Here's the thing.

I don't really......what's the word......
    Um.
    CARE. Either way.

Nice spam.