• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should the old Pokémon change their cries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisasam

Bulbasaur
Should the old Pokémon change their cries?

The cries of the old Pokémon (1st + 2nd gen) sound very different from the cries of the new Pokémon, because back then, the sound quality of the Game Boy wasn't good.
Do you think that they should update the cries of the old Pokémon, so that they all have the same quality?

No.
Yes, they sound different. but imo. theyre alot better. Some of the newer are ridiculous and some makes no sense (i mean, poochyena sounds like a frog).

I want the pokemon in 3rd gen to be change to! There crys is a bit boring and short. I where thinking in next gen, thay will change the old crys exept the 4th one.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
I think the old cries give a certain amount of nolstalgia. I wouldn't want them to go.

gliss

Absolutely. Compared to the new cries the old ones sound ridiculously outdated and out of place. Listen to Tauros (for example) and then listen to Mamoswine and tell me which one sounds more realistic.

Captain Noob

Feelin' Sleepy
I would not want them to change at all. Maybe an update in quality (like Magnemite/ton did) but not a complete change. It's weird, but I can identify every Pokémon just by hearing its cry - I would not want them to change because I've got so used to them. I even like some of them, like Pikachu, Electabuzz and Starmie.

joerachi

The Blazing Tempest
Yes but only for a few. i mean how realistic does raichu's cry sound?

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
...Pokemon is a game of magical creatures doing completely unrealistic things, and yet people still want the game to be realistic.

Am I the only one who sees something wrong with this picture?

gliss

...Pokemon is a game of magical creatures doing completely unrealistic things, and yet people still want the game to be realistic.

Am I the only one who sees something wrong with this picture?

But still, in the game world pokémon are supposed to be living creatures which shouldn't sound like machines (except for Porygon and some others).

Dragom master Tryce

I would not want them to change at all. Maybe an update in quality (like Magnemite/ton did) but not a complete change. It's weird, but I can identify every Pokémon just by hearing its cry - I would not want them to change because I've got so used to them. I even like some of them, like Pikachu, Electabuzz and Starmie.

I am exactly the same. I have memorised all the pokemon cries, with the exeption of a few of the legendaries, from all my years of playing the games.

A revamp, of sorts, would be nice, just to make them better quality.

Ainua

In my opinion they should improve the sound quality ALOT. They can make better sounds to DS games...

b3ttybr00t4l

COLOUR ME CLICHÉ
i think just the quality should be changed, not the actual cries.

Vernikova

Champion
As some have said on this thread already, I just want their quality to be updated. I'm alright with their cries already and I think there are many good cries from Gen. 1. An update in sound quality is all I think it needs.

xLilith

Genesis
I think not.

It doesn't matter to me how they sound on the game.
I only care about the anime when it comes to that lol.

Aviano

I dropped my balls
Well, all the new cries sound way to trippy and high pitched IMO. I mean, It's great for say Glameow, but Magnezone and Gallade need to sound tough, not squaky.

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
As some have said on this thread already, I just want their quality to be updated. I'm alright with their cries already and I think there are many good cries from Gen. 1. An update in sound quality is all I think it needs.

Listen to Chansey's cry.

It sounds like a hungry ptereodactyl of some sort.

So does Vileplume.

Makes nooo sense.

Vernikova

Champion
Listen to Chansey's cry.

So does Vileplume.

Makes nooo sense.

The only thing that ever really bothered me was the sound quality. I've actually gotten used to the Pokémon cries from Gen. 1 so maybe they just grew on me from hearing them over and over. Just like an aquired taste.

Tyrant Tar

Listen to Chansey's cry.

So does Vileplume.

Makes nooo sense.

Because we know exactly what a hungry pterodactyl, a mobile Rafflesia, and an egg/nurse sound like :p

Honestly, change classic cries that we've had for over a decade now? No.

Status
Not open for further replies.