• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

should the original group get together for the last season

should the original group get back togehter for the final saga

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

croagunk22

just because some kids didnt grow up with ash misty and brock heck technically i grew up with all of them even the dp trio im sure that started in 2006 so dosent mean they cant be used again for atleast 10 episodes of travelling together pokemon anime would not be were it is without the original group all groups were good but i think the show should be rounded of with the originals. pokemon writers seem to have a problem with just leaving characters story unfinished.it wouldnt make sense for ash to just say get back togehter with cilan and iris or maybe even dawn because they have/may not have been gone for very long and platinum fan im sure me or somebody else posted something saying for the last 2-3 episodes all characters should get back together

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
THERE WlLL BE NO LAST SEASON

Ah yes, the season before its cancelled will be the second to last season.

But I can't picture it happening, I really think they are trying to phase the old traveling partners out.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I think you missunderstood me abit,.For last few episodes all of Ash previous compnions should be gathered to be there for big finale.

However prior to that i think that reuniting original group of travelling compasnions being Ash,Misty and Brock who started series would allow for things coming full circle bringing spirit of older days when everything was still in craddle providing better finality.When Brock and Misty were around thats when everything started,with original trio making pokemon worldwide popular and recognized.They achieved iconic status being always remembered as first faces of this show and whoever i met so far associated pokemon with first series.

They could reunite some other group like AG or DP group but that woulnt bring same type of impact.
I dont know about you but to me it makes more sense to finish series with group which traveled first gathering them for one last journey than doing this with some group from middle.

We aren't going to agree on this. You still really haven't said what makes Misty and Brock so special? May is iconic too for being the first female to have a actual plot and well thought of story line. Max was iconic for being the only main character to travel two regions without a single Pokemon. Dawn broke the most rules as a main character doing things sidekicks can only dream of doing in her first half as main girl. Iris didn't have a bike so that alone sets her up as being different. Really is being first the only thing Brock and Misty have over these characters? You can say personality but some find May or Dawn more likable then Misty.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, I know you really like the original trio and want them reunited and that's perfectly fine and well. It's just you seem to be under the impression that everyone wants that as well. Some really wouldn't care or are to young to even know who Brock and Misty are. I personally wouldn't mind if this happened as Misty and Brock are good characters. I just think either of them are more important then the characters that came after them especially the ones that were active and had league like goals of their own. That's all I'm saying.

TheEpicGoomba

Yes. Everyone is saying that they stopped wathcing it after Misty left( I still watch the anime) so maybe it will bring back some old fans.

DittoDude

The King of Town.
I like the idea of Ash traveling alone and meeting friends along the way.

BlueVapor

Actually for the last season I'd want Ash to travel alone.

He'd meet some of his friends along the way and they'd have archs to wrap up their stories but the season would largely focus around him and what will probably be the final length of his journey with his Pokemon. If they're actually planning an ending for Pokemon then the last season will have to be something of epic proportions. Devoting screen time to the Peanut Gallery during Ash's moment of triumph would just take away from that.

That's actually what I would want too. As stupid as it sounds, I think it would be unfair for any traveling friend of Ash's to get the honor of traveling with him during the final saga/region... I think Ash should travel alone, but quite a few, if not all, of Ash's old friends show up for an episode or two and teach him something useful that will come in handy at the league or whatever. And then, of course, after the league, Ash returns to Pallet, and every one of Ash's traveling friends is there...

pokemon fan 132

We aren't going to agree on this. You still really haven't said what makes Misty and Brock so special? May is iconic too for being the first female to have a actual plot and well thought of story line. Max was iconic for being the only main character to travel two regions without a single Pokemon. Dawn broke the most rules as a main character doing things sidekicks can only dream of doing in her first half as main girl. Iris didn't have a bike so that alone sets her up as being different. Really is being first the only thing Brock and Misty have over these characters? You can say personality but some find May or Dawn more likable then Misty.

No one is more special than another.Misty was first girl which helped Ash the most in his growth as trainer being only main character who specialized in one type,May was girl who introduced contests being first protagonist while Dawn was first true female co.-star etc.But we are not discussing in here who is special in something but what group would have biggest chance to be reunited.

All groups you mentioned could be used but logically wouldnt it made more sense if writers were to do this by reuniting original group which started everything bringing show to full circle than doing it with someone from middle?

We are talking in here about trio which made anime globally popular achieving iconic status and introducing to us world of pokemon.This is group with which older fans grew up with being always remembered as first faces and ones with who started everything when pokemon was at its peak of popularity.Among many people pokemon will always be associated with them leaving bigger impact than their successors did.
If that wasnt true we wouldnt have such a big backlash over Mistys departure or Brocks in Orange Islands.

Having them gathered together would in my honest opinion create bigger impact among older audience than any other group would.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, I know you really like the original trio and want them reunited and that's perfectly fine and well. It's just you seem to be under the impression that everyone wants that as well.

I never tried to insinuate how everyone want this but majority of older fanbase seem to want this.I dont see any demand of AG,DP etc group being reunited while in original trio situation you can encounter over the net or in real life(talking from personal experience)thousands of fans wanting this(literally speaking).
Many of them judging by their complaints i encountered tried to give chance to new groups in Hoenn,Sinnoh etc being disappointed after watching new series with this show in their opinion losing its identity.

Not to me because i liked new series almost as much as original ones,but there are many people who act like this.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
No one is more special than another.Misty was first girl which helped Ash the most in his growth as trainer being only main character who specialized in one type,May was girl who introduced contests being first protagonist while Dawn was first true female co.-star etc.But we are not discussing in here who is special in something but what group would have biggest chance to be reunited.

All groups you mentioned could be used but logically wouldnt it made more sense if writers were to do this by reuniting original group which started everything bringing show to full circle than doing it with someone from middle?

We are talking in here about trio which made anime globally popular achieving iconic status and introducing to us world of pokemon.This is group with which older fans grew up with being always remembered as first faces and ones with who started everything when pokemon was at its peak of popularity.Among many people pokemon will always be associated with them leaving bigger impact than their successors did.
If that wasnt true we wouldnt have such a big backlash over Mistys departure or Brocks in Orange Islands.

Having them gathered together would in my honest opinion create bigger impact among older audience than any other group would.

I never tried to insinuate how everyone want this but majority of older fanbase seem to want this.I dont see any demand of AG,DP etc group being reunited while in original trio situation you can encounter over the net or in real life(talking from personal experience)thousands of fans wanting this(literally speaking).
Many of them judging by their complaints i encountered tried to give chance to new groups in Hoenn,Sinnoh etc being disappointed after watching new series with this show in their opinion losing its identity.

Not to me because i liked new series almost as much as original ones,but there are many people who act like this.

The writers don't care about the older audience that much. This is why the Misty backlash has fallen on mostly deaf ears. Iris and Cilan already fill the role of Misty and Brock to a extent and they are even getting better screen time. Whatever the last season is the writers are bound to have it focus on Ash and him alone and at the very least bring in two characters from Last region for regional travel companions because they can still market whatever game the last region is in. Neither Brock or Misty are marketable for anything gamewise which is what Pokemon in general thrives on. Even if Brock and Misty do come back what are they going to do, be background again? Force a new goal on them to make them relevant to the last region? Lets say they decided to expand on Misty's water goal or Brock's goal as a doctor, again why is this more important then May/Dawn's goals who many wanted to see win a GF or Max becoming a trainer? Or Iris with her goals and Cilan with his? You cannot please a entire fanbase. Reuniting the old cast would just make the old fans of the original saga happy but what about the AG, DP, and Best Wishes fans who like their characters more?

Haunter ゴースト

If the writers could think of a decent reason/plot for all of the main characters to reunite together would be a lot better (Ash, misty, brock, tracey, may, max, dawn, iris, cilan and any other new characters).

A final season like a Pokemon World Championship where Ash has conquered every region, all his old friends are there to enter it too, or maybe not so to enter it but to watch him on his final challenge.

This could be a great way in the end to crown Ash the greatest pokemon trainer, maybe he won't win a Regional League but a World championship that's a lot more satisfying.

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
As lame as it sounds I would rather Ash travel alone and just meet all his old friends from time to time for about two or three episodes each and they tell him how their goals have gone and how far they have come and even battle with him or such. And at the end all his friends and some rivals are their to cheer him on in the championship league and throw him a party afterwords. The last season really should be all about Ash. I don't mind new characters taking spotlight away from him during regular seasons but the very final and last one should be Ash as the only focus and wrap up his character and all his Pokemon. With no travel companions there is no one holding him back.

Karpi

Forever a pirate
They could do a "Cheryll" with all of his old friends. Like have Ash travel around the Kanto region and each of his friends stays around for a few episodes.

i.e. Ash reaches Pewter City and it turns out Brock has to go to some doctor's convention in Saffron so he sticks around for 5-10 episodes and leaves, etc

pokemon fan 132

The writers don't care about the older audience that much. This is why the Misty backlash has fallen on mostly deaf ears. Whatever the last season is the writers are bound to have it focus on Ash and him alone and at the very least bring in two characters from Last region for regional travel companions because they can still market whatever game the last region is in. Neither Brock or Misty are marketable for anything gamewise which is what Pokemon in general thrives on.

In order to advertise new games you dont need new characters.Older characters can promote new games through new pokemon just fine as any new character would.
As we get to see with Ash,Brock for all this years,Team Rocket etc older characters can have marketing value too being possible to promote games through them along with new characters being showed through guest appearances like they did with HGSS remakes for example with several game protagonists from main games being ignored.

Nintendo and Game Freak could care less who is going to be in cast as long their main product and source of money(new pokemon)are being properly showcased.

In fact most characters who were replaced werent because of advertising purposes but because writers want to add change through new "eye candies" according to interview with ex director mr.Hidaka or because they arent well received(like Traceys example).

Even if Brock and Misty do come back what are they going to do, be background again? Force a new goal on them to make them relevant to the last region? Lets say they decided to expand on Misty's water goal or Brock's goal as a doctor, again why is this more important then May/Dawn's goals who many wanted to see win a GF or Max becoming a trainer? Or Iris with her goals and Cilan with his? You cannot please a entire fanbase.

If Misty and Brock comes back to accompany Ash on his last journey writers would probably give them some purpose to travell on his side.
Ash is main protagonist and he will always receive most of focus(even co-star like Dawn falled behind abit) but if Misty and Brock would return they would most certainly receive some focus on themselves too through which writers would concentrate to tie up loose ends in their stories giving them character development.
Their focus would be along the lines of what Dento an Iris are receiving with Misty probably getting more than Brock due to fact of being trainer meaning she would battle more.

Speaking of pleasing entire fanbase by time last season comes Iris and Dento are likely going to depart long time ago.
You cant satisfy everyone but majority of fandom would be either pleased or neutral welcoming if original trio gets reunited for another ride.
By neutral im referring to target audience(small kids)too who are more open minded than older fans are not being so critic toward show.

About statement of "why focus on Misty and Brock should get priority",point in here is not in who is more important but in what way would be best to wrap up long lasting show like pokemon is.Like i said before it would make more sense to close down series with first Ash traveling companions forming group with who everything started adding for bigger impact.

Thats not to say how Max,May etc wouldnt get some focus too,because they would with writers giving them chance to shine prior to end,its just they wouldnt be in last season as main characters with there being space for only one group which would accompany Ash on final adventure in case writers decide to prepare end of this show in that way.And in my opinion that would make more sense to do with first trio.

Reuniting the old cast would just make the old fans of the original saga happy but what about the AG, DP, and Best Wishes fans who like their characters more?

This may seem strange but many people who watched AG,DP or best wishes wouldnt mind if original trio gets reunited from what i noticed.Sure they would rather like their favorite groups to see light of the day but if first group writers revive most of them would be either neutral or would welcome it.
Very few would be bursting out of anger with pokemon fanbase usually being open minded once writers something introduce in show.

p.s.About suggestion of Ash traveling for last saga alone there is a reason why writers add traveling companions.Having Ash going for 60 to 80 episodes alone would be boring to watch with no real character interaction existing or support.
It makes more sense if he gets accompanied by friends on his last journey on screen.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
In order to advertise new games you dont need new characters.Older characters can promote new games through new pokemon just fine as any new character would.
As we get to see with Ash,Brock for all this years,Team Rocket etc older characters can have marketing value too being possible to promote games through them along with new characters being showed through guest appearances like they did with HGSS remakes for example with several game protagonists from main games being ignored.

Nintendo and Game Freak could care less who is going to be in cast as long their main product and source of money(new pokemon)are being properly showcased.

In fact most characters who were replaced werent because of advertising purposes but because writers want to add change through new "eye candies" according to interview with ex director mr.Hidaka or because they arent well received(like Traceys example).

If Misty and Brock comes back to accompany Ash on his last journey writers would probably give them some purpose to travell on his side.
Ash is main protagonist and he will always receive most of focus(even co-star like Dawn falled behind abit) but if Misty and Brock would return they would most certainly receive some focus on themselves too through which writers would concentrate to tie up loose ends in their stories giving them character development.
Their focus would be along the lines of what Dento an Iris are receiving with Misty probably getting more than Brock due to fact of being trainer meaning she would battle more.

Speaking of pleasing entire fanbase by time last season comes Iris and Dento are likely going to depart long time ago.
You cant satisfy everyone but majority of fandom would be either pleased or neutral welcoming if original trio gets reunited for another ride.
By neutral im referring to target audience(small kids)too who are more open minded than older fans are not being so critic toward show.

About statement of "why focus on Misty and Brock should get priority",point in here is not in who is more important but in what way would be best to wrap up long lasting show like pokemon is.Like i said before it would make more sense to close down series with first Ash traveling companions forming group with who everything started adding for bigger impact.

Thats not to say how Max,May etc wouldnt get some focus too,because they would with writers giving them chance to shine prior to end,its just they wouldnt be in last season as main characters with there being space for only one group which would accompany Ash on final adventure in case writers decide to prepare end of this show in that way.And in my opinion that would make more sense to do with first trio.

This may seem strange but many people who watched AG,DP or best wishes wouldnt mind if original trio gets reunited from what i noticed.Sure they would rather like their favorite groups to see light of the day but if first group writers revive most of them would be either neutral or would welcome it.
Very few would be bursting out of anger with pokemon fanbase usually being open minded once writers something introduce in show.

p.s.About suggestion of Ash traveling for last saga alone there is a reason why writers add traveling companions.Having Ash going for 60 to 80 episodes alone would be boring to watch with no real character interaction existing or support.
It makes more sense if he gets accompanied by friends on his last journey on screen.

Even if Iris and Cilan are long gone after they leave so what? Every characters respected fanbase has kept their favorite character alive and Cilan and Iris are no different. They will have fans that are just as important as the others. As for marketing, true they kept Ash and Brock. Brock however is not marketable. The females were far more marketable then Brock and many (not all) didn't even want him back in Sinnoh and were glad to see him go. It's sad but the writers couldn't really do much with his character at this point anymore and even they realized it.

I'm getting somewhat tired of saying this and your probably sick of hearing me say it but only fans of the original fanbase would like seeing this and even if they do bring Misty and Brock back how many of the older fans would still be watching outside people in this forum or Bulbapedia's or other Pokemon forums? Many of my friends from school grew out of Pokemon so even bringing Misty or Brock back wouldn't catch their attention.

As for traveling alone, reason I said that is because I do not believe the last season will be a regular regional travel. It will likely be a championship season with Ash preparing to take on the world's best trainers and getting his Pokemon ready for battle and wrapping up what makes him special because at the end of the day only he really matters. I said the older characters would appear from time to time for about two or three episodes to wrap up their own characters as well. Sounds much more fair to me. Again I wouldn't mind Misty and Brock back for the last season, I would welcome them even, but I found every single character that came after them just as interesting and some more interesting then them and I don't see why Misty and Brock would be selected as last traveling group other then nostalgic reasons. Nostalgic reasons don't affect me so this is why I'm more fair in that regard.

pokemon fan 132

Even if Iris and Cilan are long gone after they leave so what? Every characters respected fanbase has kept their favorite character alive and Cilan and Iris are no different. They will have fans that are just as important as the others.

Of course they will have fans just like any other character before them had.What im trying to say is how no matter which group gets reunited majority of fans of other groups wont mind being willing to give it chance with revive of original trio being welcomed too.
And same applies to small kids which form target demographic.

It's sad but the writers couldn't really do much with his character at this point anymore and even they realized it.

I say its not so much about writers not being able to do more,but its more in fact of writing staff always viewing Brock as someone who fulfills role of older caretaker to group cooking,cleaning and serving as mentor.They never went much beyond that with his character probably because they felt no need to increase his role doing its job fine.
Another unfortunate problem with Brock is coming from nature of his goal.He was breeder who dont battle or compete much limiting writers options on how to increase his screen time.
Its easier to do more with someone who will battle and compete in competitions with all characters ho were trainers or coordinators receiving more focus.

I'm getting somewhat tired of saying this and your probably sick of hearing me say it but only fans of the original fanbase would like seeing this and even if they do bring Misty and Brock back how many of the older fans would still be watching outside people in this forum or Bulbapedia's or other Pokemon forums? Many of my friends from school grew out of Pokemon so even bringing Misty or Brock back wouldn't catch their attention.

Im pretty sure target audience would also be in that number of pleased fans growing to like them just like they do with any new character welcoming their reintroduction.
Speaking of number of older fans who would get back in show if original trio gets reunited well i can safely say how couple of thousands would definitely return.Not sure if you visit much petitions,youtube,sites like pokecommunity,pokeelite 2000 etc but you would be surprised how big number of them still sticks to this show wanting to see this.

Again I wouldn't mind Misty and Brock back for the last season, I would welcome them even, but I found every single character that came after them just as interesting and some more interesting then them and I don't see why Misty and Brock would be selected as last traveling group other then nostalgic reasons. Nostalgic reasons don't affect me so this is why I'm more fair in that regard.

Aside from nostalgia i just think it would make more sense to finish Ash journey with group which started whole thing bringing them back not only to possibly develop them more and revive spirit of older days(attracting older fans who want this) but also because it would make stronger connection to past and Ash hometown region from where his journey started with group being reunited for continuity purposes too.

I guess in here we will agree to disagree.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Of course they will have fans just like any other character before them had.What im trying to say is how no matter which group gets reunited majority of fans of other groups wont mind being willing to give it chance with revive of original trio being welcomed too.
And same applies to small kids which form target demographic.

I say its not so much about writers not being able to do more,but its more in fact of writing staff always viewing Brock as someone who fulfills role of older caretaker to group cooking,cleaning and serving as mentor.They never went much beyond that with his character probably because they felt no need to increase his role doing its job fine.
Another unfortunate problem with Brock is coming from nature of his goal.He was breeder who dont battle or compete much limiting writers options on how to increase his screen time.
Its easier to do more with someone who will battle and compete in competitions with all characters ho were trainers or coordinators receiving more focus.

Im pretty sure target audience would also be in that number of pleased fans growing to like them just like they do with any new character welcoming their reintroduction.
Speaking of number of older fans who would get back in show if original trio gets reunited well i can safely say how couple of thousands would definitely return.Not sure if you visit much petitions,youtube,sites like pokecommunity,pokeelite 2000 etc but you would be surprised how big number of them still sticks to this show wanting to see this.

Aside from nostalgia i just think it would make more sense to finish Ash journey with group which started whole thing bringing them back not only to possibly develop them more and revive spirit of older days(attracting older fans who want this) but also because it would make stronger connection to past and Ash hometown region from where his journey started with group being reunited for continuity purposes too.

I guess in here we will agree to disagree.

Well I don't think either of us will change the others mind and truthfully that was never my intention. We know where we stand so we can just leave it at that. I doubt the writers even considered a last season.

croagunk22

i understand what people are saying about what makes misty and brock so special(i wouldn't ay they were as special as anyone else) just they were the first and many people enjoyed them as did people of ag dp and bw groups but i think maybe it would make more sense for him to travel with them than say dawn because personally i'd say they have more experience and if he was challenging say a champions league they'd be more helpful to him than say dawn or may because they have more experience and it would just be horrendous to watch ash travel alone with pikachu even with cotd's for even 10 episodes

RocketTwurpSLR

pokemonmaniacSLR
YH I WOUD LIKE rhat and they could bump into other charecters such as may and max and have a big reunioin at the end then something happens and they all help out----okay i am getting carried away but it makes sence

Status
Not open for further replies.