• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should the show remain unpredictable?

J-boogie200

One reason I love the writers is because they've made Sinnoh so unpredictable.

I know some people detest that word, but if you think about it, stuff that went down this saga, would never go down 12 years ago.

Yeah, the releases were barbaric, and I know people had issues with some rivals, but Sinnoh was great, and IMO it was due to things no expected.

Mind you, the Grand Festival and League didn't come yet, nor did the final gym battle.

My question is, should the writers continue to do this for generations to come?

I think they should, because it makes the series creative and it really is nice to expect surprises even when you get the episode titles in advance.

To me, it makes pokemon more mature, and definitely makes things more solid as a show.

IMO, unpredictable = great writing. Even with released because without suffering there'd be no compassion.

The fans may be upset at some things, but after Sinnoh, it can only go up from here! :)

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
No we should be completely underwhelmed, always expect what's coming, and have a constant reason to ***** and moan about the anime, its the only way that it could work. Seriously now, what kinda freaking question is this.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
My question is, should the writers continue to do this for generations to come?

Yes, I hope they will continue with the same way (although I didn't like the way that Gliscor and Ambipom left the show). If everything will be predictable, it would not be so interesting.

BlueVapor

Ummm, lol, yes, I would want the anime to remain unpredictable. Why would you want it to be predictable, and know exactly what will happen? That makes it boring...

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Obvious answer is obvious. Yes.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
I would have to say yes.Sinnoh was a lot of unprodictable things happing left and right.It makes it more exciting if the show wasn`t predictable.

Torpoleon

The writers should continue this unpredictability that Sinnoh has. It keeps Pokemon new rather than just knowing what is coming.

BM14murph

Master Collector
I have to admit i do enjoy being able to predict some things in the show and how it;s going to happen but ...

I LOVE THE UNPREDICTABILITY

It's 5 times as good as prediciting just not knowing what's coming next is amazing ofr the show as it keeps me more interested

So in a nutshell Yes the show should remain unpredictable

Torpoleon

The Pokemon series is way too predictable.
You meet some bumps down the road, you help a lot of people, you defeat the villain team and you get to the League/Grand Festival. Pokemon should stop being predictable and begin to make more surprises.

Pokemon Anime is predictable, and unfortunaly, I think it will always be that way.
Too predictable? Did you think that Monferno would evolve before the 8th Gym, Grotle would evolve around the 8th Gym, Ambipom and Gliscor getting released and much more?

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
The Pokemon series is way too predictable.
You meet some bumps down the road, you help a lot of people, you defeat the villain team and you get to the League/Grand Festival. Pokemon should stop being predictable and begin to make more surprises.

Pokemon Anime is predictable, and unfortunaly, I think it will always be that way.

I agree with Torpoleon, the show is unpredictable, especially in Sinnoh. Who thought that J will be killed by a pokemon? The things that was predictable are the regular things that happen in every journey, this is the foundation of the journey.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
The show can't be that unpredictable cuz it has to follow the game.It can be unpredictable when it comes to evolutions,captures,appearances[of characters]

Hihiroshi

<- Waifu
People complain either way. I just want to see an interesting show.

Same here . But yeah I like how Sinnoh has been unpredictable in some aspects . And remember Sinnoh hasn't been Finished yet so we still can get some more few surprises at our hands in here .

So yeah , I wish for Generations to come that the show stays like that , it is really exciting and interesting.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
I just wish the dialogues[spelled it right?] would be...smarter?prob a little more mature...I know it's a kids show but come on it's for 3 year olds?the only things they say are related to happiness,cheerful stuff blah blah.Paul is the most interesting one but I just wish he wouldn't say the word "pathetic" soo much

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I agree with Torpoleon, the show is unpredictable, especially in Sinnoh. Who thought that J will be killed by a pokemon? The things that was predictable are the regular things that happen in every journey, this is the foundation of the journey.

So J WAS killed! I want to see how they will do that in the dub!

MrPostman

Viceroy
Too predictable? Did you think that Monferno would evolve before the 8th Gym, Grotle would evolve around the 8th Gym, Ambipom and Gliscor getting released and much more?
Two evolutions that were probably going to happen anyway and two releases that are a result of bad writing. Good examples. No really. I can see clearly now, the rain is gone. THE SHOW IS SO SPONTANEOUS.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
All for this upredicablity stuff, but the next person that says " This is DP, Anything could happen" or something along those lines will be swiftly punched in the temple by me. That whole tagline is getting really annoying and has pretty much become the basis of everyone's thinking. I wish for once that someone could contribute to a topic without reffering to "Oh Sinnoh is so unpredictable, anything could happen".

Still rooting for the shock value this show has now. A lot of moments left me with heart attack level suprisement.