• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should the writers let Ash win a league?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace Kenshader

Dreaming sexy
It is up to them to decide, but to be technical, Ash already won a Pokemon League, the Orange League.

sheerioxo

I wouldn't be surprised if he won the Kalos League.

I mean, I could be wrong, but the whole story following AZ in the games would fit perfectly with the anime.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I wouldn't be surprised if he won the Kalos League.

I mean, I could be wrong, but the whole story following AZ in the games would fit perfectly with the anime.

They can easily have the base of the az story line without ash winning the league.

ghost_dog97

the sweeper
if they did, his dream to become a pokemon master will be reached and will have no more reason to travel

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
if they did, his dream to become a pokemon master will be reached and will have no more reason to travel

First, him winning a league doesn't make him a master. Also the fact that he could win a league tournament, but not the elite fout.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Probably not since I believe one of the directors of the show already confirmed that if Ash won a League it would be the end of the show.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Apparently they do decide when he wins a league, since the only league he's won was a filler arc's. At some point, they're gonna have to let him win, or at least have him lose with dignity when the show comes to a close.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes

I thought he had to beat the Elite Four and the Champion to do that? I mean just have him win a League and beat 1 of the Elite Four and get wrecked by the second one.

MattySadler

I kinda felt hard done by that he didn't win the Johto and Sinnoh leagues

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
I kinda felt hard done by that he didn't win the Johto and Sinnoh leagues

Johto I don't mind, Sinnoh he should have faced Tobias in the final and done better but still lost, Unova (the less said the better)

wiitard119

DP was the perfect chance for Ash to finally win and let his saga end.
DP had the best rival , the best champion, showing many of the elite four members, and TOBIAS with legendaries was in DP. If he beat all those, we could've finally let him be the "pokemon master" after beating all the other champions from kanto,johto etc.
Oh well though.

Supersonicbro

Yeah I could see him winning the leage working out.

He wins the league, comes back home. And maybe they can finally have a time skip, or if not they could have an episode showing afterwards and how ash has grown bored of not adventuring after winning the league and then he hears about the new region and figures out that there's always gonna be growth for him to do and he sets out to the next region.

and plus i feel like the "champion league" they keep talking about will be the ultimate end if any. But i don't see that happening anytime soon so a regional league win atleast once would be good.

The Sea Cucumber

...or am I?
I'd like to see him win the Kalos league only to lose to the E4. It would be nice to see Ash having something to show for his 16 years. But another part of me says no since that would only set our expectations too high for too handle him losing again.

But to be realistic, I know it can't happen. Winning a league might not make him a champion or master, but writers will never consider it unless they are forced to wrap it all up, same goes for the timeskip people want because they will be in a position in which they are forced to put effort into their writing. That's the reason any form of progress is a terrible thing, people will focus more on the plot and characters and less on the Pokemon of the week.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
I'd like to see him win the Kalos league only to lose to the E4. It would be nice to see Ash having something to show for his 16 years. But another part of me says no since that would only set our expectations too high for too handle him losing again.

But to be realistic, I know it can't happen. Winning a league might not make him a champion or master, but writers will never consider it unless they are forced to wrap it all up, same goes for the timeskip people want because they will be in a position in which they are forced to put effort into their writing. That's the reason any form of progress is a terrible thing, people will focus more on the plot and characters and less on the Pokemon of the week.

Me too mate. I know ONE DAY (be it at the end of the anime) he will eventually win a league, hopefully Kalos (if not then Final 2 is acceptable)

ChampionRed

Impossible.

Ash will never win a league as it would resort in the end of the show. Ash should of won the Sinnoh league but you know, Tobias and his legendary Pokemon.... As long as Pokemon anime keeps making loads of "Money" then it shall never end unfortunately. Thus why I stopped wasting my time with the Pokemon anime after DP ended.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Impossible.

Ash will never win a league as it would resort in the end of the show. Ash should of won the Sinnoh league but you know, Tobias and his legendary Pokemon.... As long as Pokemon anime keeps making loads of "Money" then it shall never end unfortunately. Thus why I stopped wasting my time with the Pokemon anime after DP ended.

How exactly would winning a league mean the end of the show?
A) Even if Ash wins I doubt he'd beat the Elite 4 and become Champion (the end goal), more motivation for him to keep going and try harder
B) Ash isn't the type of guy to sit in one region and rest his laurels on the title. There will be more games->more regions->more new Pokemon, battles, and leagues for Ash.
C) Only way I see him winning ending the series is if he becomes a) Elite Four Member b) Gym Leader c) Frontier Brain d) Champion

Status
Not open for further replies.