• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should there be a 3rd Colosseum or XD for the wii?

Should there be a 3rd Colosseum/XD styled game for the Wii?

• Yes

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't mind

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I Hope they make a Third Colosseum game just because of the fact that it would have Celebi :D

I mean, the first one has Ho-oh, the second one has Lugia, the third one would have to have Celebi ^_~

Either that or a Deoxys :D

I'm thinking more along the lines of Darkrai.

I would most certainly want one or some kind of game with a small amount of depth. I tried to get into Pokemon Battle Revolution and lost interest fairly quickly, so a third "purifying shadows" game would be nice.

Mast3rlinkZX

O_O *stares*
meh it would be awsome if they combined both but they cant cause michael the boys default name in XD his dad died which is Seth in colosseum they even said that he passed away when he caught all of the shadow pokemon when u beat the game but in colosseum they dont show it if he was still alive it would be coool;444;

The Black Glove

The Resident BAMF
How about Nintendo finally listens to the screaming raving fans (or at least me), and turns all previous regions into one huge MMO on the Wii? Maybe some real-time battling, like Tales Of Symphonia?

Maybe they need to have it like DP PBR graphics

and shadow Pokemon

So you can catch normal Pokemon in grass and then to complte the Game get evver shadow and normal Pokemon and Purify the Shadowm and just catch them all normally as well

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
meh it would be awsome if they combined both but they cant cause michael the boys default name in XD his dad died which is Seth in colosseum they even said that he passed away when he caught all of the shadow pokemon when u beat the game but in colosseum they dont show it if he was still alive it would be coool
... try to separate your thoughts into shorter sentences - sounds a bit... 'random'.

Note that Wes (or Seth, as he is also know as) is not nesseraryily his father - it's a possibility, but there are things that agree and contridict it. The never say for sure if it is him - and after looking at it for a bit I doubt it is. At one point, they mention that your father helped a hero 5 years ago (or something like that - can't remember exactly)- could the hero have been Wes?

Not to mention that if it's five years after Colosseum - when the heck did Micheal appear then? He is certainly not 5 years old... and if he was, he's way too big, and I really don't like the idea of a 5 year old saving the world - Jovi may even be older than that!

Also, why would Rui change her name to Lily? Doesn't add up.

IMO, Wes is still alive in XD, but isn't around in Orre at the time. Maybe he's in another region, doing something related to the legendary dogs (Suicune, Entei and Raikou) - after all, they live in Johto...

celebi63

Time Traveler
I think they need to make an XD sequal because you never know what pokemon they might package into the game.

Yes, we do. I liked Colosseum for what it was, the pre FR/LG way to get Johto Pokemon. I liked XD for what it was, a way to get Pokemon with Unique moves, (and an easy way to get most of the Pokemon with new evos in D/P). If anything I'd like to see a game with the darkness of Colosseum, but the Pokemon with special moves of XD for the Wii.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
no, these games sucked
Oh, the reasoning behind that statement. Care to elaborate as to why they 'sucked'?

piplup911

Piplup is cool
Oh, the reasoning behind that statement. Care to elaborate as to why they 'sucked'?

The plot was to basically catch stolen "dark" pokemon, there is no pokemon league, there is barely any wild pokemon, I could go on and on...

they should have just made a 3-D version of kanto, johto, or hoenn!

I wasted my money on these games!

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I thought they were excellent. I like the concept of snagging, infiltrating Cipher's hideouts, and all the double battles.

Last edited:

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
The plot was to basically catch stolen "dark" pokemon, there is no pokemon league, there is barely any wild pokemon, I could go on and on...
The two parts there - it's due to the region of Orre being in torubled times, drought, and what not. Would be odd if there were routes despite there being no Pokemon... would have liked wild Pokemon myself (and more than in XD, the sequel), but I still liked the game. Can't really see what's wrong with the first point you made (the plot) - a new idea, and with a character that wasn't a small 10 year old kid as well. Plot was elaborated a tad further than that as well, with developed characters and all.
they should have just made a 3-D version of kanto, johto, or hoenn!
...I doubt that. Kanto - stupid, as FR and LG came out on GBA anyway shortly after, so NMintendo would have lost sales, Johto - GSC wasn't all that long ago, and Hoenn... see Kanto.
Those regions IMO will stay in the handheld format anyway, unless they deside to remake GSC on the Wii, which seems unlikely, and would probably have the same happen to it as did RBY - into FR and LG.
Orre and Shadow Pokemon was a new concept, something different rather than the same old same old.
I wasted my money on these games!
Matter of opinion... although I got the game for free of a friend who had two copies ( :) ), I might have bought it anyway if I know about it...

Leastways, now you backed up your opinion to a degree...

LegendKeeper

Pokemon Mistress
I also agree there should be a third installment. Though perhaps it should be something along the lines of Wes and Michael having to work together to destroy Cipher once and for all. Like a new Cipher comes together and assembles the old ones to fight once again and they are there to destroy the two whom took them down the first time. Though I doubt something like this will happen since it will most likely not appeal to the younger generation.