• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should they bring contests back to the anime?

MockingJ

Banned
Contests should only return if they're going to be more fair without that damn health bar that never works the way it should. I always hated how sometimes Dawn's Pokemon would get hit by attacks like 50 times and she'd only lose a few points per hit, but then she'd attack her opponent once or twice and deplete their entire health. Like wtf?

Heck yeah I hated that health par system that was so obviously rigged in favor of the protagonists. But I sometimes wonder why Contests even got a battle round in the show.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Lilian had the best outfit

Lillian was the best one because she at least had a tiny bit of plot significance in that episode with Harley.

Heck yeah I hated that health par system that was so obviously rigged in favor of the protagonists. But I sometimes wonder why Contests even got a battle round in the show.

The health bar was absolute BS, both towards the protagonists and occasionally rivals (taking out 70% of your opponent’s points in one move is...something). I assume they got a battle round to not make things boring; we all saw how Showcases turned out. Musicals are the only side goal I could see working without battles in the anime, since there was a lot of potential to have a focus on acting and directing and everything that goes into that. Shame it was wasted, though.

Leonhart

Imagineer
MockingJ said:

I think the battle portion of the anime's Contests was added simply so that Contests would appeal more to Gym fans and fans who like battles in general. Otherwise a lot of viewers probably wouldn't have found them very exciting if they had kept only the Contest mechanics from the games.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I think the battle portion of the anime's Contests was added simply so that Contests would appeal more to Gym fans and fans who like battles in general. Otherwise a lot of viewers probably wouldn't have found them very exciting if they had kept only the Contest mechanics from the games.
which is exactly the problem we had with showcases