• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should they bring Porygon in to the anime now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mightyena97

Hoenn Champion
The seizure incident happened some years ago now, surely they can allow porygon back in to the anime. They have changed their animating techniques, they were forced to.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
TBh the issue with Porygon is how they would use it. I mean it is a computer Pokemon so its not all that simple. With that said didn't Porygon appear in the Marorak episode with one trainer?

Bluelatios*

Unfortunately, even though Porygon wasn't at fault for the seizures, the episode is still remembered by parents as "the Porygon episode". True its been over a decade, so I think they could get by if they simply let Porygon get an episode cameo (like they did with a few movie intros), then let a trainer battle with it, then finally give it a central plot role. In a way, they could "wean the audience (or at least parents)" into accepting Porygon again. If Pokemon lasts long enough then it could happen eventually.

Vernikova

Champion
There's no reason not to. I mean, it's been well over a decade already, if they aren't going to do it now then when?

Maybe have Ash face off against a trainer using a Porygon in the last episode or something?

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
They should never have stopped it appearing in the first place.

Porygon, Porygon2 and Porygon-Z could've all been well showcased with someone like Conway, but they missed out there because they're too stupid to realise that a problem which PIKACHU caused 10 years ago is not going to cause any damage now just by showing the Pokemon. It's like helloooo, it IS possible to show a Pokemon without flashing a bunch of neon lights when it gets hit by an attack!

They should've just kept the episode banned, not the species.. idiots.

Mightyena97

Hoenn Champion
TBh the issue with Porygon is how they would use it. I mean it is a computer Pokemon so its not all that simple. With that said didn't Porygon appear in the Marorak episode with one trainer?

Nope, Porygon, Porygon 2 and Porygon-Z haven't appeared in an episode since "Electric Soldier Porygon"

They should never have stopped it appearing in the first place.

Porygon, Porygon2 and Porygon-Z could've all been well showcased with someone like Conway, but they missed out there because they're too stupid to realise that a problem which PIKACHU caused 10 years ago is not going to cause any damage now just by showing the Pokemon. It's like helloooo, it IS possible to show a Pokemon without flashing a bunch of neon lights when it gets hit by an attack!

They should've just kept the episode banned, not the species.. idiots.

I agree :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I don't see why not. But that's part of their culture to not bring to light their own dishonorable mistakes. If the anime somehow continues on for another generation maybe they would put Porygon in its own episode, but I can't see it happening again, sadly. Though it makes you wonder whose bright idea it was to have rapidly-flashing red and blue lights as part of the explosion. They should've caught that when they previewed the episode before airing it.

Mightyena97

Hoenn Champion
I don't see why not. But that's part of their culture to not bring to light their own dishonorable mistakes. If the anime somehow continues on for another generation maybe they would put Porygon in its own episode, but I can't see it happening again, sadly. Though it makes you wonder whose bright idea it was to have rapidly-flashing red and blue lights as part of the explosion. They should've caught that when they previewed the episode before airing it.

That makes a point, surely the developers of the anime would have seen an incident occuring when the rapid flashing started.

Except for that minor movie cameo where it was locked up behind a fence, looking sorry for itself..

Which movie was this?

That does make sense, the developers could have seen an incident occuring when there was rapid red and blue flashes :) Apparently 4Kids had dubbed Electric Soldier Porygon and reduced the flashing speed, but it was never aired due to the ban placed by the Japanese Government and that Pokémon was in hiatus.

Last edited by a moderator:

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Dude your multiple posting is out of control. There's an edit button to keep it neat and un-cluttered. :)

Also I believe it was one of the Johto movies, possibly the Latias/Latios one.. then it was in the Chansey Operation episode.

They should, but they're too wussy.

Mightyena97

Hoenn Champion
Dude your multiple posting is out of control. There's an edit button to keep it neat and un-cluttered. :)

Also I believe it was one of the Johto movies, possibly the Latias/Latios one.. then it was in the Chansey Operation episode.

Sorry about overposting, internet stopped responding and went out of control, sorry again :) I will have to see that movie, is it by any chance Pokémon Heroes?

Porygon should have never been taken out of the show in the first place.

Mightyena97

Hoenn Champion
Porygon should have never been taken out of the show in the first place.

This is true, I say it wasn't any of the pokémon's fault technically as it was caused by the animators and the speed that the flashes were at. To take out Porygon was in a way extreme and was unfair, they should have instead, gone over their animating technique and dimmed lighting down and slowed down flashing.

This is true, I say it wasn't any of the pokémon's fault technically as it was caused by the animators and the speed that the flashes were at. To take out Porygon was in a way extreme and was unfair, they should have instead, gone over their animating technique and dimmed lighting down and slowed down flashing.

I agree with you.

Pierce571

I think they should. Sure the seizure incident was horrible but banning Porygon from the anime because it was featured during that episode is just stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.