• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should they bring Porygon in to the anime now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LizardonX

Banned
Yes! I so want to see Porygon-Z in the anime.

I can imagined it now. Ash is at home on the computer looking at a movie his mom would not want ti see. Then just as the best part shows io his computer crashed from a porygonz.

RANK UP!!!

Moonlight Amaryllis

♪smoke and mirrors♪
That is true, the animation is by far more advanced now, and they could probably pull it off without hurting anybody, especially with the saying on the screen on Japanese, "Don not watch too close to the screen and in a poorly-lit room" or something similar. In my opinion, though, I think that putting Porygon back into the plotline by the time animation improved enough was too difficult. Besides, children might find it hard to think about, a Pokemon that travels through cyberspace. I think they should get the original Pokemon episode, reanimate it, with the same characters and plot, then air it as a "special redo" or something.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Sorry about overposting, internet stopped responding and went out of control, sorry again :) I will have to see that movie, is it by any chance Pokémon Heroes?

Yes I think that's the one. Like I say it just appeared hovering behind a fence in the "World of Pokemon" segment right at the start. But the Chansey Operation episode was literally only about 8 or 9 episodes after the Electric Soldier Porygon one and the Pokemon was literally shown for about 3 seconds in a fantasy scene.

Honeyichigo

The manliest
At this late, unless the line gets a new evolution or some other prominent focus in a new game, it's pretty much too late to feature them. And really, what are you getting out of it? Culturally, Japan tends to be a lot more touchy about dredging up things relating to bad events like the seizure incident. Ignoring that just so you can have a few weird critters out of 600+ of them show up in a children's cartoon just really doesn't seem worth it.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Wait how would a Data pokemon appear in the real world? Unless they found a way to manifest it in the real world XD

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
Yes, they should be seen in the anime, their awesome.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Yep. They need at least one episode and maybe more if one gets captured

WhyHelloThere

No because apparently if they do, they will have bad luck for the rest of their lives, more seizures and the world will blow up. Also, everyone will die.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Wait how would a Data pokemon appear in the real world? Unless they found a way to manifest it in the real world XD

It would be downloaded from a computer, straight into a Pokeball without any further explanation, by some form of scientist or general geek.

Mightyena97

Hoenn Champion

Via Computer download, maybe a plot of where a poké ball goes through the pc transfer system and Team rocket replaces this with a porygon, causing trouble as usual :)

hawkmbl

Curious
Yes! That was really not porygon's fault anyway. Pikachu was the one that caused the seizure as he destroyed the missile, and no one banned him! At least, add Porygon 2 and Z to the anime, that would be cool.

LizardonX

Banned
Best way to conlcude the series

Pikachu vs Porygon family. The two clash in a fireworks display so spectacular it sends half the population of Japan to the ER for seizures. Then GF gets sued for billions and goes bankrupt.

Blood Red Absol

AquaMilotic's Waifu
Porygon-Z is one of my favorite pokemon and it hasn't even have a brief cameo, even if it only shows for a few seconds in total I would still like to see it get at least some screen time.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
It was in the intro to Pokemon 4Ever.
For some reason it was floating in the air. XD

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
I don't know, but they have, even in Electric Soldier Porygon.

If pokemon can be broken down into data to be sent over the internet, then a data pokemon could exist in the real world.

lanmanna

Speaking of the lost Porygon episode, anyone try watching it on Youtube? I'm too scared to watch it. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.