• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should they bring Porygon in to the anime now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeno48

Zaker!
I can't wait another year of this and still not having them reveal this pokemon. It just straight out baffles my mind.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
I don't see why not but I don't see why they should.

Rex Kamex

I know that but if they hadn't had Pikachu be the one that shocked it, then maybe things would have been different. Besides, back in OS, Pikachu's electric shocks were bright but they weren't as blinding as in that episode.

I'm not sure if you mean before or after the Porygon episode aired, but after the Porygon episode aired, the bright lights for the episodes that aired beforehand were dimmed and/or slowed down in speed, and I'm sure the episodes that were going to air right afterward were too. Originally they were brighter.

P-body

Aperture TestSubject
Yeah, they should bring Porygon in the anime! Besides, it was Pikachu who was the one to launch the seizure causing attack in that episode (EP038), not Porygon.
Porygon2 and Porygon-Z has never appeared in the anime either...

Onna

It'll be nice to bring the porygon family again.. (been like 16 years already?)

LDEJRuff

I'm one-sixteenth cat.
I asked Iwane-san if Porygon and its evolutions wanted revenge for their banishment from the anime on his blog. He responded:

Iwane-san said:
確かにあれ以来、ポリゴンとその進化形はアニメで姿をひそめています……やっぱりこれからも出ないのかも?

Roughly translated, I think it means: "Porygon and its evolutions haven't appeared in the anime since...Maybe a future mysterious appearance?"

Last edited:

Honeyichigo

The manliest
I asked Iwane-san if Porygon and its evolutions wanted revenge for their banishment from the anime on his blog. He responded:

Roughly translated, I think it means: "Porygon and its evolutions haven't appeared in the anime since...Maybe a future mysterious appearance?"

That just sounds like a vague non-answer to me. Oh well.

Bluelatios*

Yes, but its not a flat out no so that's good.

Honeyichigo

The manliest
The Japanese as a culture tend to be very reluctant about outright saying "no", though.

Sinncrow

Commander
I still can't believe the Porygon family has not appeared in anime since the seizure event...so yes, I do think they should make an appearance; they should have made an appearance years ago honestly. It's not Porygon's fault that those kids got seizures...

xEryChan

Demon Child
Didn't they have an episode with Porygon but wasn't it banned?

I really wish Porygon would make an appearance in the anime. They really should.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I still can't believe the Porygon family has not appeared in anime since the seizure event...so yes, I do think they should make an appearance; they should have made an appearance years ago honestly. It's not Porygon's fault that those kids got seizures...

Technically that's untrue.. As I mentioned before, it was shown as a still shot in a later episode and again in the Pokemon Heroes 'World of Pokemon' segment..

It hasn't made a worthwhile appearance though and Pokemon Heroes was its last appearance overall, that much is true..

infernape612

Village Idiot
I say bring back Porygon. Maybe have it show up, only for Ash to grumble about a "seizure incident" and leave it at that. See how people react.

Airi-Chan

Falling Roses
Let's see, since seizure, I don't think Porygon will appear in the anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.