1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Should they change the starter types for the next game?

Discussion in 'Past Pokémon Generations Discussion' started by Disgruntled Goat, Dec 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragonking

Dragonking Well-Known Member

I think a random assortment in a starter field, where you choose what to start with out of all the types. One starter for each typing.

2. Woozl

Woozl Raisin' a stink

Personally, I'd like to see fire/ice/electric (the classic 'elemental triangle' in just about every RPG)...even though they don't make a proper triangle (unless they had some dual types added or something), they are rare types and I would much rather be able to pick an ice or electric starter, as opposed to grass or water.

3. Remino52

Remino52 Experianced Trainer

How did I post that many times!?!? I don't remember doing that! I did get lag pwned.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  4. shinygroudon232

shinygroudon232 I plead the 5th!!

That would add to a total of 51 pokemon right off the bat. That you may have to trade for to get. That would make completing the pokedex even longer and harder than it already is. I for one, will always prefer the fire, grass, and water scenario.

5. stu770

stu770 Soul Trainer

Personally I think that the way the starters are know is perfect and its like the old saying goes, if it aint broke dont fix it. So we should just keep the starters as they are, but if your really desperate for other types then why not have like a fire/psychic, water/dark and grass/fighting? or something along those lines. That way we are keeping the original types of the starter pokemon and we also get to have new types aswell.

6. Dragodynamite

Dragodynamite ÆØÅ

YES, YES AND YES!

Im so sick and tired of the current one... And I really want a new one, they could make a new type to make a better triangle or something

untill then I support the fight, dark and psychic...

7. *Jean Grey*

*Jean Grey* Night Triumphant

Hell yeah, I'm sick of the fire-water-grass thing, I'd like to see what most of you want to see, psychic-dark-fighting

8. MayRules

MayRules Shiny Enthusiast

I'd like some different types for a change. Might make me want to keep using my Starter after I've beaten the E4 or whatever. Just a bit of variety to breathe a breath of fresh air into the games ya know?

9. drumboy14

drumboy14 IPredictAFrenzyPlant

Its always nice to see a classic concept in all the pokemon games

The starter types can be considered as this classic concept

I say keep the types

10. Shadow_Blaze

Shadow_Blaze Well-Known Member

I agree, I mean the Fire-Water-Grass thing is accually very balanced...if it aint broke, dont fix it

11. drumboy14

Its not like you dont have fun training up the classic types

dont ruin the games by changing the starters

in my opinion it would ruin the game

12. Shadow_Blaze

correct,

and going to the poison-Psychic-Dark thery (itz 2 am...ino I mispelled that), its very unfair having a starter with an immunity at the first stage...it would be obious what woule be the next OU in this case...

13. drumboy14

The current starter types are ok, i dont see whats wrong anyway...

14. Shadow_Blaze

I think we are saying the exact same thing...but see it as a debate >_>

15. cocoa_adele

cocoa_adele Well-Known Member

the dual types are nice but we've had fire/fighting two generations in a row ><
    classic triangle is good too

16. BlueMew7

BlueMew7 what up daddy in the house

so it's settled. 98.78% of us agree it should stay the same. including me

17. PocketmonMaster

PocketmonMaster Upgraded?

The Fire/Grass/Water combo is great. It is one of the staples which have been included in every (Gameboy) Pokemon game. While people might think that it is 'old' they might as well stop travelling around gyms and destroying evil multi-national syndicates at the same time. It's just one of those things that should never be taken away from the game.

18. neo_senku

neo_senku Well-Known Member

With the excpection of fire/psychic those have been done. I kinda don't care right now, though i lean more towards changing then keeping them the same though.

19. pkmn_luver_95

pkmn_luver_95 MUDKIPZ ORLY?

I like the original starters. I don't think they should change it; it's been the same since the beginning, and I doubt they'll change it.

Like they say: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

20. bob_is_cool

bob_is_cool back again...

I like the original starter types, but i doubt they will change it, i would like better secondary tupes though like fire/steel (not dark), water/psychic, grass/fighting

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.