• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should they change the starter types for the next game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quzo

I'm happy with the current starter types although for the next gen they could have fighting, dark, and psychic because fight does x2 damage to dark, dark does x2 dmage to psy and psy deos x2 damage to psy. Also dark is very effect agast fighting and fight is very effective againt psy. Although psy on dark has not effect so i would suggest giving the psy pkm another type like ground because then it will have a wider move set being a dual type and the ground bit won't affect the 'starter circle'.

Mine isn't perfect because it would have to be types that do x2 on 1 of the pkm and not very effective on the pkn that its weak too where as in my starter thing psy has no effect on dark so it doesn't work correctly...I think.

It's just an idea.

AceTalon

AceTrainer
I want the starters to be partially fire, grass, or water type and have cool combos like in DP.

Crazy Chaos

idk
maybe they should hv like three sets of pokes
Grass/Fire/Water
Psychic/Fighting/Dark
Electric/Flying/Ground

or just two and u can choose one from each set;447;

The King of Ho-oh's

<---- Newest Shiny
Honestly we have enough starters, If they happened to add another 3 we'd be up to 15, thats enough, what needs to happen is Pokemon should have a game where you Choose your starting pokemon like the Dungeon Games, It would be Nice to start a game with Riolu, or Bagon, you could go throught Kanto with Riolu or Johto with Dratini, but tis Nothing more than a Pipe Dream

Yeah it could be like Prof. ___ asks you to go find his
grandson who is in another town. Wait! You don't own
your own pokemon?! Here's a few $ go to the travelling
salesman in your town and buy a pokemon. You go there
and the guy has like 5 pokemon randomly. You choose
one then when you get to the other town you find the
Profs. Grandson who says he isn't going anywhere without
a fight. Of course the grandson will have a pokemon
that has a type advantage against you. You beat him and go
back to the Profs. The Prof says he wanted to give his
granson a pokedex, and since you now have a pokemon
he gives you a pokedex too.

Saku

Shinies Hunter
That sounds like an interesting idea, but I don't think it should be for a main pokemon game, maybe a side game for the Wii.

MewtwosAdvocate

The Last Supram
A flying/Ice/fighting gig would be interesting.

Or go back to the Yellow idea and get evee and make your elemental choice later with your rival getting some random fighting type unique to the generation. Could be me and my Evee fetish, but I think this is spledid! >_>

E4 Edo

no lets change it to ice, fighting, flying... i liked that idea

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
Yeah it could be like Prof. ___ asks you to go find his
grandson who is in another town. Wait! You don't own
your own pokemon?! Here's a few $ go to the travelling
salesman in your town and buy a pokemon. You go there
and the guy has like 5 pokemon randomly. You choose
one then when you get to the other town you find the
Profs. Grandson who says he isn't going anywhere without
a fight. Of course the grandson will have a pokemon
that has a type advantage against you. You beat him and go
back to the Profs. The Prof says he wanted to give his
granson a pokedex, and since you now have a pokemon
he gives you a pokedex too.

I like that Idea, But I was thinking more along the Line The town Prof Give you a Pokeball with a 100% capture rate and you go into like his Backyard behind the Lab and youu'll have a choice of about 20 pokemon to start with, and Starters from previous regions could be obtained later like from Egg Places Like in that " Mudkip Mission" Episode, But once again that's asking too much

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
My starter Choices would be

Growlithe
Nidoran (m)
Nidoran (f)
Mareep
Dratini
Elekid
Magby
Smoochum
Gible
Riolu ( with all the Lucario Fans on this Site Ihad to say it or risk massive Flame attacks )
Munchlax
Eevee
Cubone
Spheal
Lotad
Poliwag
Murkrow
Shinx
These all evolve into pretty exceptable pokemon, If I left out one of you favorites Too Bad

Disgruntled Goat

has his moments
idk
maybe they should hv like three sets of pokes
Grass/Fire/Water
Psychic/Fighting/Dark
Electric/Flying/Ground

or just two and u can choose one from each set;447;

Interesting idea. IMO it would work better if you have the normal Grass/Fire/Water to start, then maybe you get the next one (Psychic/Fighting/Dark) after the first or second gym.

Wynaut?

Nah, I say keep it the same. Why break one of the main traditions of the game? If it ain't broke, and all that.

Absol trainer

Hidden Valley...
I would like dark, psychic and fighting starters

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
OMG!!!!! Why would you even ask that!!! Don't change it ever!!!!

Change it!!! Im so tired of that 3 combo, they cant make new original starters out of these types (just look at the sinnoh ones)
And i became so sad when the kangaroo x Baby griff x Triceratops trio was unconfirmed!!! :mad:
Psychic, dark, fight FTW!

I don't want them to change it. It has been a grass/fire/water combo since the beginning of the games.

??????

That guy.
The only ones that work for starter trios are:

WATER/FIRE/GRASS
POISON/GROUND/GRASS
FLYING/FIGHTING/ROCK

Period. All others are flawed on some way. Immunities cannot be in starter Pokemon (or at least the first types, anyway)

I personally see no reason to change them. The Water/Fire/Grass combination works perfectly, and is easy for new players to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.