• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should TM's be nonbreakable?

PhearWalker

Minuet of The Skies
Thank god they made the change. I was tired of having to spend s***loads of time in the Battle Tower just to buy Stone Edge.

here here brudda

bulber

Prof. Pokerus
Unbreakable TMs are great- no more vs. Palmer 4x to buy another Earthquake.

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
All in all, it breaks the fun of TM's in genaral. I certainly hope they revert back to the breakable ones in future games, as it makes me feel like i'm Sharking my game again.

All others that like them breakable are entitled to their opinion. just remember- we veteran trainers -prefer- the game as difficult as possible.

oh slag no... I remember having to westle with Battle Frontier Just to get Clam mind TM... I think it is better this way... plus you can experiment TMs now... I do hope they will keep this way forever....

Chairman

All in all, it breaks the fun of TM's in genaral. I certainly hope they revert back to the breakable ones in future games, as it makes me feel like i'm Sharking my game again.

All others that like them breakable are entitled to their opinion. just remember- we veteran trainers -prefer- the game as difficult as possible.

So you would rather spend hours gaining battle pints to buy one TM? To each his own I guess.

I like how it is now, I don't see them going back to how it was, because I would assume that a large majoirty of people like it now, these games arnt aimed at a hardcore audience at all, but they definatly are making it wasier.
Also when people say it's too easy with non-breakable Tms, most of the ones you would actualy use are only found post game, usually not in obvious places, and by this point people who argue that they want a game to be hard because their a hardcore pokemon fan would have acess to the poke transer lab, so it really doesn't overpower you much at all.

Nakashima

I love that TM's dont break in gen5. Been waiting for that a long time.
Now if I need to teach someone a HM move, i'll just override the TM move, use the HM to get somewhere, go to the deleter house, and reteach my pokemon the TM without having to worry about getting another one =]

7 tyranitars

I'm glad that my tm's don't break anymore in my pokemon white :p sadly they still do in my other games O_O

Drummerdude

I think that it is a good thing that TM's do not break anymore. It was always annoying wanting to teach Thunderbolt or some similar move to a Pokemon and having to trade just to get the TM.

torterra275

Runescapian
Unbreakables are better then before but i would prefer them to be breakable but easy to obtain like getting anothner one after rebattling a gym leader

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus

Don't assume all "veteran trainers" have the same opinion as you. I've most likely been playing for longer than you and I love this change. It allows me to give lots of my Pokemon cool movesets rather than have to horde TMs like a magpie.

If you want a challenge do a Nuzlocke run or change the game to "set" rather than "shift". I wouldn't be surprised if you've done neither of those; most people complaining about how easy this childrens franchise is haven't.

azurimon

► A ▼ x2
I love how TMs are unbreakable now. Gives me more freedom and lets me create nice movesets for tons of Pokemon.

7420Cola

Shelgon Rocks
TM's should have been unbreakable since the begininning

They already are

When Autismic asked "Should TM's be nonbreakable?" he meant do you like that they're nonbreakable. -_____-

-Unicorno-

Think Magical!
It makes the TM hassle go down a lot.