• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should ubers be used?

Should ubers be used?

• Yes.

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • No.

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • only against other ubers.

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • only as a last resort.

Votes: 5 13.2%

• Total voters

THE_MEWTILATOR

Master-in-Training.
I voted "only against other ubers" because that's most fair, though the way I actually use them is "only as a last resort". I'm so ashamed...

Mega Trickster

Blargagh blargh
I don't care if someone uses ubers or not, it's their decison.

Desert Flower

Sandstorm Trainer
It depends on the person's personal taste. If they like certain ubers and want to use them, that's fine with me. The game's about having fun, not about what's over-used.

THE_MEWTILATOR

Master-in-Training.
I mean like in competitive play, should they be allowed?

Google Guru

Longtime Pokemon Fan
Stupid question; but what is a uber?

Desert Flower

Sandstorm Trainer
an uber is a legendary

No, that's too vague. Not all legendaries are ubers.

I don't remember the specific list, but I think all legendaries are ubers except for Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Regice, Regirock, and Registeel. Correct me if I missed any. Also Wobbuffet is an uber.

EDIT: I forgot Celebi and Jirachi, and I think Mew. Those three, I believe, are not ubers.

Google Guru

Longtime Pokemon Fan
Ahh... okay, thanks for the answer.

THE_MEWTILATOR

Master-in-Training.
So they aren't ubers? I guess they're in a class of their own. also, how is wobbuffett an uber? I understand that they're strong and not worthless, and would be strong enough to be in the same division as Blaziken or Charizard or Blastoise but an uber??? I don't get it. I like wobbufetts, but do they really deserve the same status as mew or rayquaza or any of those?

Mega Trickster

Blargagh blargh
So they aren't ubers? I guess they're in a class of their own. also, how is wobbuffett an uber? I understand that they're strong and not worthless, and would be strong enough to be in the same division as Blaziken or Charizard or Blastoise but an uber??? I don't get it.

Massive HP, and a killer Moveset. Wynaut learning Encore is what made Wobbuffet uber.

Vampiric Knight

Dance with the Devil
So they aren't ubers? I guess they're in a class of their own. also, how is wobbuffett an uber? I understand that they're strong and not worthless, and would be strong enough to be in the same division as Blaziken or Charizard or Blastoise but an uber??? I don't get it. I like wobbufetts, but do they really deserve the same status as mew or rayquaza or any of those?
Shadow tag + Encore. Figure that out for yourself.

And Mew might just be an uber; after all, it has balanced stats and compatibility with any move.

THE_MEWTILATOR

Master-in-Training.
Mew might be an uber...

So Mew MIGHT NOT BE an uber?!?!? So you're saying that there's any question to whether the BEST POKEMON EVER is uber? >:| [...] MEW FTW!

Last edited by a moderator:

THE_MEWTILATOR

Master-in-Training.
You said it might be. it IS. I'm very defensive of Mew. Sorry.
EDIT: sorry, I didn't see the other guys edit. you're on my side, sorry oops wanna be my friend?

Last edited:

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Mew IS an uber due to its unpredictablity and balance of stats. Base 100 in every stat isn't bad, but it's not great, either.

I think it's ok if people use ubers. Even ubers have weak spots, after all. You can take them down, if you know what you're doing.

THE_MEWTILATOR

Master-in-Training.
sorry, I thought you pulled the question of Mew's uber-ness out of nowhere.
Now I realize you were responding to the other guy who said Mew wasn't an uber.

Aquas

Hi! :)
Let people use ubers if they want. Why else would they be in the game? As long as they don't give someone an unfair advantage, I think they're ok. It's the person's choice what they want on their team.

Treveon

The Grass Eevee
Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is. Ubers are Pokemon, too, and if people choose to use them, then whatever. If you're saying it's unfair, it's really not. Everyone is perfectly capable of catching and training ubers. I personally don't use them, but it's not because they're "cheating". I just don't use them because I like the Pokemon I start out with and train from when they were little and low-leveled. You uber-bashers really need to chill out and maybe use an uber every once and a while or something. Just stop bashing people because they want to train a certain Pokemon.

Maybe I should freak out 'cause you guys are using Crobats or something. omg, die. *Stabstab* It's so wrong, it could beat me, I hate people who use Crobats! It's cheating!