• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should Viz rerelease Magical Pokemon Journey?

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
They never did finish it, leaving it at the single most depressing story in perhaps the entire franchise. And it's mostly Kanto, so it would fit the rerelease of the original games. But would it be worth it to do so?

Bananarama

The light is coming
I'd certainly like for them to rerelease MPG, and I'd definitely get it. I'm not totally sure it'd be worth it, though, since it's been so long since the last volume was released, and I'm unsure if the interest is still there.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Well I used to read MPJ alot when I was younger and even tho I liked it, I dunno if there's even enough demand for it these days, so Viz might not have much initiative to do a re-release. ^^

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Just fix Jynx, and it's good to go.

Yeah, unless they get permission form the original artist of MPJ(and fix Jynx), it isn't happening. And Yumi Tsukirino doesn't want Jynx corrected in the name of "artistic freedom" AKA a futile attempt to stand up against the West and their excessive political correctness in her mind.

(BTW OG Jynx is still racist, so she is wrong IMO.)

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
And Yumi Tsukirino doesn't want Jynx corrected in the name of "artistic freedom" AKA a futile attempt to stand up against the West and their excessive political correctness in her mind.

Do you have a source for that?

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Do you have a source for that?

All artists use that excuse.

You can probably find some form of that line from her if you prod enough. I just know that it translates to"they aren't paying her enough".

But anyway...

It's not popular or mainstream, it's got racism and sexism, and it's dated. MPJ is not going to happen as a re-release.

That's...not exactly up to the original artist. Yamamoto had a good laugh when Viz covered Blue's boobs and his Japanese fans brought it up. He pretty much said, whatever, different countries, different values. And the Jynx were recolored.

Last edited:

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
It's not popular or mainstream, it's got racism and sexism, and it's dated. MPJ is not going to happen as a re-release.

The only sexism I can think of is when the pamphlet for Magikarp fishing says that Pokémon training is "even popular among girls now", but it was also written by permanently out of touch Grandpa, who's already an offensive little butt. As for racism that also depends entirely on your view of Jynx, who also only appears for about a page and a half in one story, and if you call racism on MPJ for it you also have to call racism on literally everything else containing black Jynx, including other manga.

Maxim

Beyond repair
Yes, they should.

But not only MPJ. It should be a part of a bigger old Pokemon manga (re)release campaign.

e9310103838

Oh, Jynx even just an episode in this series. I think this is not important. The series is just a healing love sketch story.

And it deserves to be re-introduced if you ask me. ;035;