• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should Wartortle learn bite or stick to tackle for now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelty

Hey,

I am new to the forum and relatively new to pokemon.

A couple of hours ago, I started playing the leafgreen edition of the Game Boy Advanced.

I took Squirtle and it evolved to Wartortle alredy. It has the following attacks:

1. Tackle
2. Tail Whip
3.Water Gun
4.Whitdraw

Now I could take bite after my last levelup and I am wondering if I should do it and if so, which attack should I overwrite?

Bite seems to do a lot more damage than tackle because Wartortle's Special Attack (85) is higher than the normal Attack (80) and especially because Bite has power of 60 and Tackle only 35.

But... Are there any other things I should keep in mind? I didn't find a single post in the suggesting taking this attack with this pokemon, so I am wondering if I am overlooking something.

Please enlighten me! Thanks!

bug pro

Pearl on Phone
Hi!

Yes, Wartortle has a high Sp. Attack, but bite is a Physical Attack. Seeing as you are quite early int the game though, so bite is powerful then. I'd replace Tail Whip.

Razor Leafeon

The Shadow Remains Cast!
No, its based off of Hp (health) attack, defense, Sp. attack ( special attack) and Sp. Def. (special defense) Attacks have a type, other than their type of move. It fall under physical, special or status. Physical attacks do damage based on your attack and their defense, while special attacks are based off Your SP attack and their SP def. Status moves affect you, say for healing or attack boosting. Dark is just another type, like grass or fighting.

MuseHarmonia

~♥Raichu♥~
It would depend on it's stats. High Attack would be good for physical moves like bite and tackle. But bite does more damage, so let it learn bite. xD

nelty

Are you totally sure, that this counts for 3. Generation?

I found a couple of websites all telling me that on Generations 1,2 and 3 there are only physical and special attacks and that Dark is a special one.

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
Any game before D/P/Pl breaks down like this:

Electric, Fire, Water, Grass, Psychic, Dark, Ice, Dragon are ALWAYS SpATK

Normal, Ghost, Flying, Fighting, Ground, Rock, Steel, Poison, Bug are ALWAYS ATK

Generation Four introduced the Physical/Special split. So in LeafGreen, Bite was a special attack.

An easy way to remember it is this: If it is a type Eevee evolves into, plus Dragon, it is Special. If not, it is Physical.

bug pro

Pearl on Phone
Sorry for the false info, haven't played 3rd gen in a while.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
forum description said:
This is not a Game help forum

don't post game questions here, use the game itself's forum.

also a lot of you posting should just not post if you don't know the answer :|

Status
Not open for further replies.