• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should we assume that Pokemon caught in this game are transferrable?

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Why would it be? The next gen game isn't even close to being out yet. We have an entire year until then.

Akashin

To the next generation, I mean? I am surprised that this information is not more readily available.

This information is readily available. Masuda has said that they will be trying their best to make transfer from these games to the next ones possible, and that they consider the inability to transfer from Gen II to Gen III to be a mistake that they want to avoid at all costs.

If the situation has developed past a "we'd like to make sure this is possible," they haven't told us. And until there are announced games that this development would be pertinent to, there's not really much reason for them to say anything.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
This information is readily available. Masuda has said that they will be trying their best to make transfer from these games to the next ones possible, and that they consider the inability to transfer from Gen II to Gen III to be a mistake that they want to avoid at all costs.

If the situation has developed past a "we'd like to make sure this is possible," they haven't told us. And until there are announced games that this development would be pertinent to, there's not really much reason for them to say anything.
Actually I think Satoshi was the one who said the inability to transfer from Gen 2 to Gen 3 was a mistake. Masuda said that there were a lot of people who were sad or angry that they couldn't transfer from Gen 2 to Gen 3 if I recall.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Actually I think Satoshi was the one who said the inability to transfer from Gen 2 to Gen 3 was a mistake. Masuda said that there were a lot of people who were sad or angry that they couldn't transfer from Gen 2 to Gen 3 if I recall.
To be fair it was more so due to a big overhaul of the Pokemon data to the "modern" one we have now as well as the technical differences between the Game Boy/GBA Link Cables (from the information I read about cross-Gen trading on the Serebii main webpage). Though if transferring is allowed it is likely any candy-related boosts will be wiped if Gen 8 sticks to the 510 EV limit.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Personally and I know this an unpopular opinion I'd like for the Switch era to be brand new and leave pokemon behind. So like assuming L becomes a sub series you can transfers from them but Ggen 8 onward you can't. It would be a bit poetic to the whole starting fresh concept.