• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should we eat animals?

mudkips

Awwwww Yeah!

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
I'm more for sanitary than humane. Not by much, but I came to the conclusion I wasn't going to like to watch animals be slaughtered a long time ago. But this video reminded me of "Faces of Death" videos and I kinda laughed my way through those. But that's cause I do have a dark sense of humor.

TheEmeraldKnight

Lookin' for Shinies
well if people were only meant to eat plants thats all we would be able to eat. And theres nothing wrong if thats all you chose to eat just don't get mad when I chose to eat meat.

AJ

❖☢☼☯☾♛☮
most animals eat other animals, and technically humans are animals, so really, why not? i say we should eat animals, but not too many. eating too many would imbalance the eco-system, therefore worsening our intake of them

lugia p

zekrom trainer
I say eat them all animals except scavengers were made to be eaten (cats and dogs are scavengers) but they should die as an healthy adult who had a full life of freedom not like those that are kept locked up in 4x4 pins so they get fat and cant move thats in humane.

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
Yes. Biologically, our bodies are designed to eat meat, and despite what many vegans would say, it is NOT bad for us.

If it really boils down to having to choose between a bunch of vegans or Mother nature herself, I'm going with Mother Nature. She's got a 6.5 billion year track record of always knowing what she's doing, after all. I think I can trust her.

Megaton666

Swampert Trainer
She's got a 6.5 billion year track record of always knowing what she's doing, after all. I think I can trust her.

Did you just make up a random number? What happened 6.5 billion years ago? The universe is 13 billion years old, the earth 4.5 billion years old. What has mother nature been doing for 6.5 billion years?

Kibagos

FairyDragon Queen~
Some Animals eats humans if they can (tigers, lions ect.) so why can't we eat other animals?

Radlin

He Returns.
Well, the food chain consists of other animals eating other animals. And because we are animals, it's okay to eat them. Just not to only eat animals, you gotta something other than meat. Plus, many animals have ingridients that we need to help us maintain a good and healthy body. As long as meat isn't the only thing you eat.

flygon123pwn

Outragin'
i think its ok to eat the flesh of an animal but as long as its balanced with some other food

Radlin

He Returns.
By the way, eating meat like Chicken is definetly not bad right now, since the population number of Chickens is larger than the number of humans.

Subzerostupid

Walking Pokedex
We are ourselves animals. We have as much right to eat other animals as they have. Besides, we are omnivorous, so we are biologically DESIGNED to eat any living thing, plant, meat or insect.

By the way, eating meat like Chicken is definetly not bad right now, since the population number of Chickens is larger than the number of humans.

Yes, finally someone sees the logic in my argument for killing certain animals, while protecting others.
I understand some people don't WANT to eat meat, I'm just saying there's no reason we SHOULDn't.
QED Thread closed.

Last edited:

11DBHK

Banned
Appeal to tradition: 'let's do this because we have always done it' is not a logical argument.

But we are not the same as animals, correct? We have reasoning. I don't think a chicken is going to do much to you, although maybe an alligator will.

So far, the only reasons I have heard for eating animals are:
1) Tasty!
2) We need protein
3) It's natural

We do not need to eat animals (key word need). As for animals being tasty, that is purely an environmental experience. If no one ate animals, he or she would never know how they tasted, and thus not have any desire to eat them. One could still live a completely fulfilling life without eating animals.

As for needing protein, we can get protein from other sources, such as nuts.

"It's natural" I'm not even really sure what this means. I believe this effectively takes care of it. We do not need to eat animals (key word need) We don't have to eat animals, it is a practice that has come solely from tradition.

i was going to say something in reply to this, but i think malanu pretty much covered everything i would have said here.

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
Did you just make up a random number? What happened 6.5 billion years ago? The universe is 13 billion years old, the earth 4.5 billion years old. What has mother nature been doing for 6.5 billion years?

God, everyone knows that life didn't exist in the universe until it was 6.5 billion years old.

No really, I just miskeyed it and didn't realize it until I saw you mentioned it.

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
God gave us animals to use to help us survive. We can eat animals but we should treat them with respect. If we're going to eat them, do it quick and fast. Treat them humanely. Also, if you're not going to eat what you kill, then don't.

Killarflame

Demigod of Darkness
If we weren't meant to eat animals, we wouldn't
So long as they were treated humanely, I see no issue