1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Should we legalize it? You know what I mean.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Polls' started by noobers, Apr 21, 2013.

?

Should Kinder eggs be legalized in the U.S.?

1. Yes

36 vote(s)
    87.8%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. noobers

noobers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Since the U.S. Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act prohibits the sale candy embedded with non-nutritive items, Kinder Surprise eggs are banned from the United States. Obviously, the toy could present a choking hazard for young kids (aka stupid people) and there have been deaths attributed to choking on Kinder egg toys. There are alternatives, like this "Chocolate Treasure" that makes the toy capsule partially visible from the outside.

Should Kinder eggs be legalized in the U.S., or should they remained ban for the safety of children and drunk people?

2. Dragonicwari

Dragonicwari Artistically angry

Hey man, I'm all for population control. Let's legalize these eggs and set a minimum age to buy them

3. _Calm|Mind_

_Calm|Mind_ S.H.I.E.L.D

If there's plenty of Australian kids who aren't dumb enough to choke on the toys inside the eggs, then surely there's an American child or two who can eat the eggs safely as well.

Legalise

4. Ditto B1tch

Ditto B1tch Well-Known Member

I cannot see any problem on Kinder Eggs if you set a minimum age to buy them. The nice on Kinder Eggs is the toy you have inside it, which is a surprise.

It's not funny if the toy were outside, visible or not.

5. The Admiral

The Admiral solid state survivor

You know, I saw this title, and I was going to reply with exactly this.

Wouldn't choking on the toy inside require a small child attempting to swallow the egg whole?

Seriously, I think legalizing these is a Good Idea.

6. ParaChomp

ParaChomp be your own guru

I honestly don't care either way. If kids continue to choke on the toy containers, by all means ban it. It's not very good chocolate anyways.

7. The Admiral

The Admiral solid state survivor

In order to actually choke on it, you'd have to be attempting to swallow the egg whole. They are simply too large.

8. Aegon

Aegon _

What? You can't buy Kinder Eggs in the US?!

I'll just add that to my list of reasons as to why I won't be moving there.

9. Darkfire98989

Darkfire98989 Am I even still here

If people are too stupid to not eat plastic inside kinder eggs, or parents are too stupid to not give them to their kids, thats their problem, why ruin it for sensible people, aka people who LOOK at what theyre eating.

10. C.y.a.n

C.y.a.n Ace Trainer

I'm sorry is this a joke, they are illegal in the US. My baby cousin eats them and doesn't choke him.

11. Arcos

Arcos Umbreon Master

I love these it's a shamed it is banned in the U.S because people don't pay attention to what they are doing

12. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie 桜咲くこの坂を今も上っている

I want my freakin' chocolate. So yes, Kinder Surprise eggs should be legalized. Also, toys are cool. I swear I've seen chocolate eggs before as a kid, but apparently the eggs were banned years before I was born. So even if chocolate eggs were sold here, they didn't have toys in them. If the kid chokes on the toy, then it's the fault of the parent for not telling them "Hey, there's a toy inside, be careful" when it's on the freaking wrapper that there's a surprise inside.

Stupid people complaining are the reason why we can't have nice things.

13. Drake Pokétrainer

Drake Pokétrainer Blood of Insanity

I have to be honest, I always thought Kinder Surprise eggs tasted terrible and I only wanted them for the toy inside where you get tired of after 10 minutes.

So, unless you really like little junk toys, you're not missing anything.

14. Vernikova

Vernikova Champion

Legalize. I demand the right to be able to choke on toys hidden inside chocolate.

15. ShinyUmbreon189

ShinyUmbreon189 RealTalkRealFlow

Another reason to add to my list of why America's laws are ****ing stupid. "OMG A CHILD IS CHOKING ON A EGG TOO BIG FOR THROAT CONSUPTION, I DEMAND A BAN BECAUSE I WAS A IRRESPONSIBLE PARENT AND MY CHILD IS DUMB AND DIED" It ain't my problem a kid doesn't pay attention, I mean come on, they're huge eggs. How can they possibly choke on them? Legalize it, screw it. I mean, they don't taste good anyways but still. What's next.. The jumbo M&M's?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  16. IceSpear

IceSpear Shadow...

Really? They're not legal in America! People nowadays... Getting dumber and dumber... Anyway yes they should be legal as they're in the UK.

17. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lucario Lover

They should be legal. Kids swallow toys and toys aren't illegal

18. Pokemon~Master

Pokemon~Master Well-Known Member

More people just need to supervise their kids and explain to them that certain things can be dangerous and take the appropriate measures as parents/older siblings/family members/friends... That applies to almost anything.

19. Geekachu

Geekachu _____________

Well, I've seen that Americans eat some pretty messed up stuff so I wouldn't be surprised if the inner toy was misconstrued as being edible by many.

20. Mister_SGG

Mister_SGG Well-Known Member

I could care less, because they are legal here in Canada, but it is foolish that they aren't in the US.

That's like banning fortune cookies because kids might choke on the paper inside it.