• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Showcase, Debut! (863)

*Frank*

Didn't Serena mention about never using the expression "Tada" in a past episode?

Gillachu

Banned
Good news was that Serena did well here at first, bad new was that an effing ribbon ruined her chances of winning. Kalos people are so picky and apparently tripping is a sin...

JudySpell

Banned
I didn't expect Serena & Fennekin to lose the Tripokalon simply because of a tripping accident. The silence after that was awkward. 5.5/10

Pikachu979

Sinnoh Champion
This was a great episode for Serena at first i wasn't so receptive of her new design since i prefer the old one and still do but it was to show a change in her character which is awesome

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I felt so bad for Serena losing, you just feel it when she's crying when she's alone with her pokemon. At least she got that new haircut, which I've really gotten to like. I like her better with the short hair, to be honest. And I could tell Jessie wasn't going to win with that look she gave Pumpkaboo, sort of a cross between a shiny pumpkaboo and a giant mismagius, LOL. I like James and Meowth pledging to help her next time, though. At least we also got a better idea of how the Pokemon Showcase works as well. I'm looking forward to other Showcase episodes.

8/10

I didn't expect Serena & Fennekin to lose the Tripokalon simply because of a tripping accident. The silence after that was awkward. 5.5/10

I'm guessing the reason was because it showed she misjudged the length of the ribbon compared to Fennekin's size, and didn't anticipate walking the runway. That's why it counted against her.

Alloutℯ

Banned
So after surviving 17 minutes of this fashion-centered episode, I was confident that at least the scene at the docks would make up for the fashion show and it actually began in a very promising way but then, wow. Serena, why in the world did you have to come up with that horrible idea of cutting your hair?

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
So after surviving 17 minutes of this fashion-centered episode, I was confident that at least the scene at the docks would make up for the fashion show and it actually began in a very promising way but then, wow. Serena, why in the world did you have to come up with that horrible idea of cutting your hair?

To show off character customization. It would've been neat if she changed it after her other losses but probably would've been seen as too much. Plus this outfit let's her show off the Ribbon and the writers weren't going to let go of that.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I was pleased to see Serena's first Showcase. Shauna looked so pretty so I was glad that she won the whole thing and Palermo seemed like such a diva. Serena losing cuz of Fennekin tripping seemed extremely unfair tho. :[

Serena's loss was ridiculous: how does tripping cause the crowd to lose interest? I guess I should be happy that she even got votes at all, but it seemed like those votes were cast by her friends only, which adds insult to injury.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I was expecting Serena's loss at this TryPokaron since she was still a beginner, yet I didn't expect Fokko's fall to be Serena's downfall. Fokko tripping was made to look way more dramatic than necessary, which was vexing in all honesty.

I guess I wasn't the only one who noticed how this episode has pretty much foreshadowed how the XY saga is going to end, with Serena having to decide between traveling with Ash on his next journey or getting advice from Palermo, who has taken an interest in her. As for Serena's new hair and outfit, I think it looks ok. My favorite part about it is that this is one of the few times when a main character has gone through an aesthetic change.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I guess I wasn't the only one who noticed how this episode has pretty much foreshadowed how the XY saga is going to end, with Serena having to decide between traveling with Ash on his next journey or getting advice from Palermo, who has taken an interest in her. As for Serena's new hair and outfit, I think it looks ok. My favorite part about it is that this is one of the few times when a main character has gone through an aesthetic change.

As much as I like Serena, even without Palermo's presence, she wouldn't stay with Ash more than the XY(Z) sagas anyways, as it was a trend with the past Pokegirls to not staying too long than their respective sagas as well. Misty was an exception due to the fact that the Pokemon trainer gender selection wasn't standarized in the games until Gen 3 when May came. As for the her new look, I wasn't really a fan of it. I liked the long hair better as it sets her more apart than her companions imo.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In hindsight, Serena's decision to change her outfit seemed contrived. I know that it was meant as a symbolic gesture, and yet her changing clothes didn't seem necessary since it didn't bring about any kind of change in Serena's personal development.

Denko Sekka

This was a great episode for Serena at first i wasn't so receptive of her new design since i prefer the old one and still do but it was to show a change in her character which is awesome

See the thing is that she didn't change much even when she got a new wardrobe so she might as well not have gotten that upgrade.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Denko Sekka said:
See the thing is that she didn't change much even when she got a new wardrobe so she might as well not have gotten that upgrade.

At first I assumed that her getting new clothes was hinting at the next series of games since I was expecting a X/Y sequel, but the fact that the change was done for aesthetic reasons instead from the look of things bothers me even to this day since like you said, it didn't change Serena's outlook in a permanent way.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Serena's design change reminded me of Sakura Haruno's design change from Naruto part 1, particularly when she cut her hair.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Apart from getting far into the showcase competition, I don't think her actual design improve her much in terms of character. Instead of her being the slaptick: being hypnotized by a Malamar, a wild Noibat hugged her face, got sprayed by a wild Corsola, the writers suddenly made fun of her unfinished battles. And then once her goal was done, they made her a cheerleader expressing her feelings to Ash. Sure, by the end of the series, she's pretty much independent & determined but these developments were already expressed since the Skidoo episode when she was still in her original design.

Joesterr

Banned
Serena's design change reminded me of Sakura Haruno's design change from Naruto part 1, particularly when she cut her hair.

That's one way to look at it, although comparing Serena to Sakura makes me a little sad because Sakura is like 10 times worse than Serena ever was. Serena sweetie I'm so sorry.