• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Showcase, Debut! (863)

pixcalibur

Can't stop laughing
Well, gotta admit, Serena does look quite good with her new look. And is that blue ribbon the one Ash gave her? If so, didn't expect them to use it in that fashion.

Almost like it gives her a nice fresh start to her next stage of character development. A nice change of pace

Last edited:

NPT

Just a member
Well, Fennekin messed up the performance. I guess that's the reason why Serena is going to train the fox Pokémon too hard in XY064.

Serena's new look is pretty good, but I liked her long hair look better.

Last edited:

Captain America X

Well, gotta admit, Serena does look quite good with her new look. And is that blue ribbon the one Ash gave her? If so, didn't expect them to use it in that fashion.

Almost like it gives her a nice fresh start to her next stage of character development. A nice change of pace

It looks like it

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
On a different note, did Serena get a premonition regarding her loss in the previous episode.

I mean at the start of the previous episode, she dreams about her debut in "TriPokalon", and then accidentally slips on the stage in her dream (she was on the right side while in Fennekin on the left).

And then in this episode, its Fennekin who ends up slipping (she was on the right side, the side which resulted in Serena slipping in her dream).

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Shauna was the one and only person I didn't want to win. May give this episode a miss then.
Well, if Serena didn't win, I'm glad that at least Shauna did since she's been preparing for this moment before Serena even knew what a Pokémon Performer was

SlimeStack

Even though Jessie was supposed to lose for comedic effect and to allow Shauna to win, I thought it was a bit silly that no one voted for her. Serena got a small amount of points and she messed hers up, while Jessie got zero points for...having a really good costume and doing nothing wrong.

Everything else was brilliant though. The Tripokalon arc seems like it's going to be good, and I finally like Serena as a character.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Jessie did okay and should have gotten some points.

Well the "TriPokalon" is about the beauty, its not about the beast.

That's the reason why she lost, eventhough it was a good get-up and styling, which would have definitely gotten her to the next round, if this was a Contest.

Xuxuba

Fennekin wasn't the only one to blame though.
If there's something that i have learned by watching Project Runway is that you have to think how that person is going to walk with that dress. Serena didn't think about that when she gave Fennekin a long ribbon that was right on her chest and that was really close to her paws.
Even though Jessie was supposed to lose for comedic effect and to allow Shauna to win, I thought it was a bit silly that no one voted for her. Serena got a small amount of points and she messed hers up, while Jessie got zero points for...having a really good costume and doing nothing wrong.

Everything else was brilliant though. The Tripokalon arc seems like it's going to be good, and I finally like Serena as a character.

Well, that round is about presenting the Pokémon. You couldn't even see Pumpkaboo under those things

AshSerena

it seems that old lady on this episode is Former Aria Manager? or This Old Lady the one who scout Aria to be a pokemon Performer ?
she's look like getting bored about contest , and said something like " Theres no one Like Aria going to show up anymore"(Dephender HELP ME for translating this XD) and when she saw serena at the end of episode, her Secretary ask her " Ms.Yashio, did you find something" and reply " its Secret" so i have feeling we gonna see Ms.Yashio in future episode since she is interested about serena

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
My anticipation payed off, this is way better than contest in every sense in my humble opinion.

Serena went from a blandish shipfest teaser into a greatly developed character, I know it is too soon to call it but Serena might be the best girl in my humble opinion.

As to what this episode incorporated? Well it was a freaking roller coaster, I even enjoyed the portrayal of the TR members here.

10/10 imma rewatch it. Freaking klefki man XD

Janovy

Banned
I lost it when Serena cried.

I am so invested in her character and development it's not even funny.

Remmie

Love her new outfit and new hairstyle! Something is really refreshed about her being the first main character to have a new look before the end of a season!

This episode surprised me be how good it was. I still can't bring myself to like the TriPokalon things, but I thought the animation was outstanding, and so was the soundtrack. Serena's new design looks quite good. That emotional scene at the end pulled a couple of strings.

My only major complaint was Jessie getting zero points, like wtf; Pumpkaboo definitely had the best outfit.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Fennekin wasn't the only one to blame though.
If there's something that i have learned by watching Project Runway is that you have to think how that person is going to walk with that dress. Serena didn't think about that when she gave Fennekin a long ribbon that was right on her chest and that was really close to her paws.

Well, that round is about presenting the Pokémon. You couldn't even see Pumpkaboo under those things
It's pretty much the same reason why Dawn lost in the first round two times in a row. Similar to how Dawn was so obsessed with flashy moves, Jessie went overboard with her outfit that you couldn't even see Pumpkaboo. It seems like Showcases are following Zoey's mantra about Contests that the performers' pokémon are the true stars of the show

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Let me just say that visually, the non-contest blow the regular contest out of the water. The stage is amazing, the announcer looks fun, and the audience getting involved like that with how they get points is great. Contest should have had a system like that, instead of using those lame judges all the time. So I'll give that to the non-contest. Goal wise, it's pretty meh for me. Nowhere near as thrilling as contest battles. However the goal itself is not what is selling it. It's the story arc it just impacted that has me loving the showcases. Serena, Divakin, and The Cham.

This entire episode I was just waiting for Serena's loss and what does her in. I had my cynical hat on. Shauna was back, and it's always great to see her. Surprisingly Jessie's outfit for her Pokemon was rather fun. I guess Kalos isn't use to the weird style of Jessie. But whatever, she was there for a laugh. Well we needed one for what followed. We finally got to Serena. I was waiting for it and when it happened everything cynical in me left my body. I remembered I actually had human emotions and grew sad. I know I said previously that not everyone needs to be a loser to get fans to root for them. But this loss and how they went about it was powerful. It made sense why they lost, because they never trained or practiced something like this, as far as I know. The crying scene stole the show, I haven't felt like this in pokemon since Dawn's losing streak, and this truly rivals it. And it lead up to Serena's new design and haircut. By the way, I already love her new look. Probably because the story behind it.

Overall this was a amazing episode for me to watch. I can't wait for episode 64. I can't believe a character I use to call Ms. Mediocre, is shaping out the way she is. I truly say Serena has become one of the highlights of XY now. And like Clemont and Bonnie, I will miss her when she has to go. Hurry up and bring me episode 64 already. Oh yeah, and The Cham is Buizel done right.