• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Showdown At Linoone (389)

Chris

Old Coot
True. Still kinda ticked that they keep changing the dang look of Water Pulse. o_O First its like a blue light ball, then like actual water formed into a ball, and now it looks too remarkably like Shock Wave considering the previews lead us on to believe it had electricity forming around it. x_x YOU FOOLED ME AGAIN, ANIMATORS! *shakes his fist*

So how did May get her pokeballs back? Does the Linoone just give them to her?

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

It's the Quagsire Episode all over again. I guess after after an arc of great episodes they'd have to make a crapper. At least the next one looks promising.

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
Wahey! They actually bothered to call Professor Oak for once! Presumably it's to gloat about his 8 badges he's now got. It was unique the way the animators designed the motto for the Team Rocket background, Jesse looked more like a statue in that picture.

Any other highlights? Linoone saves the day I guess, pretty typical layout for the have the star Pokémon to save the show, so no suprises there then.

Overall nice but regular, still trying to get hold of a downloadable copy, sites*cough* where I originally get them from don't have it lol.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
My god, the TR Motto looks awesome in this episode. They look so cool when their posing and a realistic looking face behind them. Then they puffed up their cheeks! Also, I noticed the Trees in the BG looked really good, seems the animation is improving. And is the girl and fat guy in love?

And Oak actually appears! Too bad we didn't see Ash's pokemon. This episode definately looks like a good filler!

Alfonso

Derpgull
Kojiro said:
My god, the TR Motto looks awesome in this episode. They look so cool when their posing and a realistic looking face behind them. Then they puffed up their cheeks! Also, I noticed the Trees in the BG looked really good, seems the animation is improving. And is the girl and fat guy in love?

And Oak actually appears! Too bad we didn't see Ash's pokemon. This episode definately looks like a good filler!

Or Tracey, for that matter. Seriously, you would think the very small amount of times Ash calls Professor Oak these days, that Tracey would pop up at some point and say hello. Or at least appear in the background. (Although, I suspect that the 'Tracey' that was in 'Going Apricorn' was really a cardboard cutout, and that Tracey was elsewhere... getting ready for Oak. Well, he is his ASSistant, after all. XD Or hell, at least DJ Mary.)

ZoraJolteon

King of the Marsh
So Linoone had a Kings Rock, both DeepSeaThings, Thick Club, Stick, Blue Shard, and some things I can't identify. Possibly a Fluffy Tail?

B

BD25

Is it me or do the pink candies in that shot right after the assorted berries shot remind you of Rare Candy? Is this the first time Rare Candy has been shown? And was it mentioned? Sorry hehe

I'm surprised they'd show a Dragon Fang because if Linoone could manage to get one, then what's the point of Clair guarding one in Blackthorn...

The animation with Thick Club (that's what it was right?) was nice. This was a good episode in my opinion. They showcased hold items and stuff =D Plus, Linoone = cute

ZoraJolteon said:
So Linoone had a Kings Rock, both DeepSeaThings, Thick Club, Stick, Blue Shard, and some things I can't identify. Possibly a Fluffy Tail?

Wow, most of those haven't been in anime only the games! Anyway the pics are looking good! is it me or has the style drawing changed(much better) than it was in the last few eps!

Geodude

What are you talking about? The Blue Shard is the only one from the list he gave that hasn't been seen, but we saw Green Shards in the Relicanth ep so that's close enough. Almost everything in there has been seen already except the Fluffy Tail.

Geodude said:
What are you talking about? The Blue Shard is the only one from the list he gave that hasn't been seen, but we saw Green Shards in the Relicanth ep so that's close enough. Almost everything in there has been seen already except the Fluffy Tail.

what! really? (well i havent seen every ep!) When?

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
stuarthillman said:
Wow, most of those haven't been in anime only the games! Anyway the pics are looking good! is it me or has the style drawing changed(much better) than it was in the last few eps!
If so its nothing new. Theres always a different animation team used for pretty much every episode. Sometimes the differences are pretty subtle, but other times you notice the difference of style, be it bad or good~ The best animation team seems to have a very different style to most others. Look at episodes such as "Thats Flower Power!", "Exploud & Clear" and "Groudon vs.Kyogre Part 1" for example~ Its easy to distinguish when compared to most other episodes...
.......buuuut, that was completly off-topic, so I'd best be quiet now ^^;;

I have little to say concerning the episode itself. Just by looking at the images it comes across as being rather boring imo. A few amusing expressions and the appearence of some rare items appears to be just about the only thing going for this episode >.>; Personally, I think its a real shame that Nikolai didn't make an apperence in this one. Just seems like a wasted opportunity if you ask me...

Geodude said:
Various episodes. Don't make a blanket statement saying something hasn't appeared in the anime if you haven't got the knowledge to back it up. -_-

Sorry! But that is going off topic(sorry for changing the topic) It was a shock wave attack right?