1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Showdown At Linoone (389)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Advanced Battle' started by Serebii, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Chris

Chris Old Coot

Contrary to popular belief, it's actually a GOOD episode. o_o Pictures alone do no justice.

I think it woulda been nice if they had enough time to have Kojirou ask Chiriin to use Heal Bell to snap Sabonea and Habunake back into their normal states while running around from the Haze and Pin Missile attacks. XD Yanno, to at least make the battle a little longer until Pikachu and Massuguma use Thunderbolt. Woulda given Chiriin SOMETHING to do rather than float there and look cute. >.>

Here are the items that were found that Massuguma picked up (and I'm not referring to the Pick Up ability x_X):

-Thick Club
    -Soothe Bell
    -Dragon Fang
    -Stick
    -DeepSeaScale
    -DeepSeaTooth
    -King's Rock
    -Blue Shard
    -Fluffy Tail

2. Missingno. Master

Missingno. Master Poison-type Trainer

Actually, out of all those items, King's Rock is the only item that can be gotten by Pickup.

Did Linoone use any other attacks?

3. Don't you mean "before Pikachu and Linoone use Thunder*drake*"? (Shades of Ash's first battle with Sabrina here, only with Ash helping out in dispensing indiscriminate justice on the opposition instead of the other way around!) When was the last time *that* phenomenon manifested itself?

$_$!!! One thing for sure, Linoone would definitely be a useful assistant for a treasure hunter(with the proper training)!

4. TeddiUrsa

TeddiUrsa Well-Known Member

I likedthe scene at the beginning, when haruka told takeshi and masato about her stolen pokeballs and masato shouts out something like "it must havebeen team rocket!" and the rocket trio suddenly awakes behind some bushes..so funny ^^

5. Chris

Chris Old Coot

The attack was Thunderbolt. >_> It just turned into the form of a dragon. e_e;

And yes, I know Pick Up can grab a King's Rock, but there wasn't any indication of it using Pick Up at all in the episode.

As for attacks, all it used was Water Pulse and Thunderbolt.

And you're not the only one who noticed Massuguma could make a useful treasure hunter. Nyaasu had the idea of having it give Sakaki presents galore. XD

6. Geodude

Geodude Well-Known Member

And Slash to cut the net Pikachu was in.

7. Bulba the Great!

Bulba the Great! We Do Not Sow

I think among the items was also a Lucky Punch...but I could have been wrong. Look...

[​IMG]

Is that a Lucky Punch on the right?

Cheers!
    ~Bulby ;001;

8. V Faction

V Faction www.faction.com

Wait, where exactly have we seen Soothe Bell? Or Stick? Or Thick Club? Don't tell me Farfetch'd or Marowak for those last two. I can't recall an episode where those were explicitly mentioned by name.

Heh... Water Pulse. Strike One (or two maybe) for some of us.

And confusion.... So Silly Confusion = Eye Swirl and Evil Confusion = Eye Slit now? Bleh.

Ha! How great. They deserve it anyway.

9. Bulba the Great!

Bulba the Great! We Do Not Sow

Never mind, I'm pretty sure that was the Soothe Bell. From the way it was set, it looked like a Lucky Punch. Whoops.

Cheers!
    ~Bulby ;001;

10. Chris

Chris Old Coot

Since no attack was exactly specified, I guess we could assume it it was Slash. But then again, we can also assume it just used its claws normally. It's up in the aire with that one. o.o

11. Alfonso

Alfonso Derpgull

I reckon it was just using its claws. Just like Bulbasaur dug underground in 'Bulbasaur the Ambassodor', but wasn't dig. And how bird Pokemon fly without using Fly. You know?

Eh, Seviper and Cacnea fighting again. (The first time being in the Tag Battle episode, where Seviper was using Wrap on Cacnea. Well, it was either wrap, or a very strange form of Pokemon lovemaking.) I know it was because of confusion, but... -_- I want some Habuneashipping crap, dammit! (Seviper x Cacnea. I named it AGES ago. Seriously. A few episodes after the Seviper episode aired in Japan. Yes, that long ago. o.o)

12. The Big Al

The Big Al I just keeping Octo

I'm brain is now scarred with the image of Seviper and Cacnea doing the dirty deed. You people are bad for a mental health.

13. GreenKirby

GreenKirby GreenKirby

Last week's scary picture of May scared me away from the site.

14. Geodude

Those items weren't mentioned by name in this episode either, IIRC. Oh, right, Soothe Bell...never clued in on what that was. You're right, that one hasn't been seen yet.

15. Gravy

Gravy Contaminated KFC

Oh? Methinks I shall go and downl...I mean, obtain it afterall then. 'Tis usually the series of pictures that puts me off getting episodes ^^;

And I agree with the whole Chimecho thing. Seriously, people complain about Wobbuffet being useless, but it seems to do a lot more than Chimecho has ever done ie. floating around randomly and blinding James occassionally. I do actually like Chimecho a lot, but there just doesn't seem to be any real point to him/her being there~

lol XDXD....*ahem* Bless XP

Last edited: Jan 29, 2005
  16. Space Skitty

Space Skitty Hoenn Champion

I'm a little late, I know... ^.^;;

I thought it was cool seeing all those items on the anime, the Soothe Bell in particular. Linoone was big! O.O May's expressions were really funny. This episode looked good.

17. JazzJazz

JazzJazz Well-Known Member

The writers probably have it there simply for some light comic relief... but it's the same story with all of Team Rocket's pokemon, where they're awesome when first captured and soon lose their lustre.

18. X_X Do I even want to know what you're referring to?

No mention of a Lucky Punch, Macho Brace, or Shoal Bell, either? Rats. I'm kind of surprised there weren't more kinds of Shards, though...

19. Geodude

I wouldn't call it an eye slit...more like purple rings around the eyes.

20. Heracross

Heracross Custom User Title

I agree that Chiriin really needs an actual role badly. Sonansu is already the designated randomly appearing pokémon, they don't really need two. Not to mention Kojirou could definately use Chiirin since Sabonea is his only other pokémon and he relies on it constantly, whereas Musashi has some to choose from.

Er anyway, the episode itself was pretty good. It was a nice debut for Massuguma and it was also nice to hear them mention Satoshi's Lizardon. They used that one version of the Rocket-Dan theme again, which was cool because I like that piece for some reason.XP I also like the music they used at the end of the episode, I though it gave it a Kantoish vibe.