• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Showdown At Linoone (389)

I just saw the episode and it was fairly good.

We get to see LOTS of funny expressions from May (especially after Pikachu gave her that bone), and that sound she made after she cleaned her pokeballs was good to hear. It was like 'mmmm' or something.

I wish Ash had used some of his other pokemon though.

I

Intimidator

I downloaded a BT of the episode...the part where Pika and Linoone use Thunder was savage.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Boy. My old posts suck.

I've got to hand a LOT more credit to this episode than before. Animation was fantastic.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was pretty good. Linoone was awesome. It seemed pretty cute when it was a Zigzagoon. The boss fantasy was meh. I thought it was hilarious when Pikachu gave may the bone and she started freaking out. Also, when Cacnea and Seviper attacked TR was funny. TR with a second ballon!? That was a surprise.

Akane

This was a really awesome epsiode! I loved the animation! When Linoone did a Water Pluse...I was like...wow...that was the first time I seen that attack! =O And when Timmy(I can't spell his name...)try to make him get Team Rocket thinking their balloon was a Pokeball. It still wanted to play. XD It was cool. It was cute when it was a Zigzagoon. ^^ And of course Pikachu and Linoone used a powerful thunder attack...awesome!

10/10

Last edited:
Wow, the animation was marvelous in this episode =D Linoone looks so much better in the animé than the games.

I noticed lots of famous scenes from this ep. There were the Avatar scenes with Jessie and James, the Zigzagoon holding the Pokéball, and the infamous scene of May bent over and looking for her Pokéballs.

I loved the facial expressions in this episode, but I suppose that goes hand-in-hand with the superb animation.

Charizard reference. Who'd've thought? o_o Interesting, though, how Max noted on Charizard's behavior when he never actually saw it.

I found it funny that Timmy's(is it really Timmy? Because, for some reason, I couldn't tell if it was Jimmy or Timmy) family had spherical faces and Linoone liked round things. Amusing xD

I liked the backstory to Token(nice name, BTW. Better than Bean the Politoed ¬_¬). I don't blame Timmy, Linoone looked rather feral when it wasn't happy. It's the eyes, I guess.

Whoa, did anyone else see the Silver Wing inside that tree stump? Token is one heck of a collector :eek:

I liked the romance scene between Timmy's parents and Timmy's reaction to it XD.

Cacnea forget to use its brilliant Pin Missile in this episode ;~; Oh well, Who, What, Where, When, Wynaut? has it using its new Pin Missile.

They used the same confusion expression from Adan's battle: the little purple/pink mark beneath the eyes. W00t to continuity :)

Overall rating:
9.5 out of 10
A Hoenn filler at its best. Good plot and awe-inspiring animation.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Maybe they should have called Token Klepto. An interesting episode that gave us a look at the held items.

The Phantom Thief

~*Commander Blizzard*~ said:

Charizard reference. Who'd've thought? o_o Interesting, though, how Max noted on Charizard's behavior when he never actually saw it.

I noticed that also. How would Max know about Charizard's behavior when he was never in Kanto, Orange Isalnds or Johto? Where did that come from?​

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
Max probably knew about Charizard's problem when Ash told him about it. Afterall, if they are traveling together, it could get boring so they probably tell each other their life story or something.

halloweenghost

Geez... I cannt beleive you had to question how Max knew abut charizard's behavior..... I mean,..wow.... do you not think they tell stories and talk while on the road?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I love how the new animation makes all the attacks look much more exciting, from Water Pulse to that double Dragon Thunderbolt attack.

Nice to see Ash still keep in contact with Prof. Oak, we hardly see him anymore. Whoa, a Charizard reference? I wasn't expecting Ash to mention Charizard in this episode.

Aw, May gets awfully excited when her stuff gets taken. Loved the scene where the electricty shoots behind her and the other scene where she steps on Ash.

Hell, all those objects were from the games. Thick Club, Kings Rock, Soothe bell, nice to see them in the show.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Charizard2007 said:
I noticed that also. How would Max know about Charizard's behavior when he was never in Kanto, Orange Isalnds or Johto? Where did that come from?

Um, did you watch AG3?

Max watched Ash's Johto league matches on TV. The first thing Max said to Ash when they met is about the battle between Harrison's Blaziken and Ash's Charizard.

This was great continuity from the very third episode of AG.

The Phantom Thief

CyberCubed said:
Um, did you watch AG3?

Max watched Ash's Johto league matches on TV. The first thing Max said to Ash when they met is about the battle between Harrison's Blaziken and Ash's Charizard.

This was great continuity from the very third episode of AG.

You didn't read my post correctly. The key word was Behavior. And to answer your question, Yes I did see "There's No Place Like Hoenn". I have it on DVD. But even though Max saw Charizard in the battle against Harrison's Blaziken, He NEVER saw Charizard use Flamethrower on Ash or much less knows about the way Charizard behaved before it finally trusted Ash.

Last edited:

PDL

disenchanted
you know, Ash could have very easily talked about the pokemon he owns to May and Max offscreen... inbetween episodes and such...

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Well at the very least, we know Max "saw" Ash's Charizard on TV.

And we know that Ash told May and Max about their Pokemon. Remember the episode where May caught Bulbasaur?

Ash said something like, "It reminds me of mine."

and May replies, "That's right! You have a Bulbasaur too don't you?"

We've never seen Ash actually tell May he has a Bulbasaur, yet in the episode where she gets her own, she knows that. Therefore, he told her off screen.

Medea

Excalibur
Well, this episode was okay. It wasn't bad but then again, it wasn't the greatest. Good to see Linoone get some screen time and enjoyed seeing Zigzagoon (even for a little tiny bit)

I

Inkan1969

May Fanservice

Aha, so THIS is the episode that has that fanservice shot of May that keeps getting posted on the picture threads. :D

AG113-05.jpg

( Thanks to whoever runs this big screenshot album. )

I hope Ash got the license number of that Linoone. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Hate to be the voice of descent here, but man, this was one of the worst episodes in the entirety of AG. Why, why, WHY did they have to use the good animation team on such a mediocre episode? Really, outside of a one-second shot of the held items, this episode brought nothing new to the table, and felt like nothing more than a typical Johto filler with a featured Pokemon in trouble, a boring filler character (I heard him being referred to as Kimmi, which I thought was a girl's name), a dull TR battle, and PotD saving the day. Good thing there were two new eps today, or this would have been a waste of getting up early on a Saturday morning.