• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Showdown At Linoone (389)

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Inkan1969 said:
Aha, so THIS is the episode that has that fanservice shot of May that keeps getting posted on the picture threads. :D

AG113-05.jpg

( Thanks to whoever runs this big screenshot album. )

I hope Ash got the license number of that Linoone. :)

Ah yes, I remember someone saying how the animators actually took the time to draw the curve in her butt, rather than making it a round circle.

See, May's breasts aren't the only feature on her body that the animators give attention to! God bless them.

I

Inkan1969

Linoone likes ROUND objects

CyberCubed said:
Ah yes, I remember someone saying how the animators actually took the time to draw the curve in her butt, rather than making it a round circle.

Nonetheless May's looking pretty "round" there. I'm surprised Linoone didn't try to pick HER up. ;)

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Kimmy? Why'd they go and pull a Tabitha on us?

Anyway, this was a rather interesting episode for me. Seriously, even though this is about as filler as you can get, I enjoyed it more than usual for some reason...

Notice the round faces on all the whole family? Did that mean something, or was it for more uniqueness?

Funny how Linoone was able to jump all the way onto the Rocket balloon. Heh.

Not much else to say... 7/10.

Thriller

Its almost time
Interesting episode.

Kimmy? I have heard of boys named Kim but never saw that coming.

I liked the references to numorous items, too bad they didn't have time to describe them all. And of course they didn't identify the berries Kimmy tossed aside. You know, I wonder if Brock still has that list given to him in the Lotad episode.

I LOVED how they gave the filler Pokemon of the day a nickname. Was this a dub only thing? I wish more filler Pokemon were given nicknames.

I think that after Token evolved, Kimmy thought it matured and didn't want to play any more, he was wrong. Proves that evolution DOESN'T ruin a Pokemons playful personallity [SPOIL]Like Ash's Donphan[/SPOIL]

Wouldn't it be dangerous to play fetch with a Pokeball? Yes its hard to choke on one but Token could have triggered its return device.

It was nice to see they gave a distinct sign to Seviper and Cacnea after they got confused.

My rating 8.5/10

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
The whole family was chubby. Their faces were totally round, that's all I thought about the entire time they were on screen.

I loved that whole family, especially the parents. It was so funny when they found that ring, and went all lovey-dovey.
Tokin was just plain awesome.
On a side note, this episode pretty much broke all the laws of gravity in one fell swoop. Maybe someone needs to develop a special theory of cartoon physics.
Excellent filler, though why they put a good animation team on this episode but not on some ones that needed it is beyond me.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Good episode, and Token was a great PotD. I think some of us never gave this episode a chance because we wanted Nicolai to appear in it. Good times, good times...

Envay, it was really well animated, foreshadowed Snorunt's training for the first time, even if he wasn't directly referred to. Is it the Donphan episode where it starts Beamin' and 'Volvin'?

Funny characters, and some cool avatar-scenes which I never realised came from this episode. One of the better Hoenn fillers.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
fhqwhgads said:
Wanna know why? It was Kimmy>_> Yes, Kimmy>_<...Kimmy<_< I had captioning on o_O
His Japanese name was Keima, but I'd thought they'd go for something that wasn't so similar, like Kenny. To be honest, this is the first time I've heard "Kim" used as a boy's name.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Shining Suikun said:
Hate to be the voice of descent here, but man, this was one of the worst episodes in the entirety of AG. Why, why, WHY did they have to use the good animation team on such a mediocre episode? Really, outside of a one-second shot of the held items, this episode brought nothing new to the table, and felt like nothing more than a typical Johto filler with a featured Pokemon in trouble, a boring filler character (I heard him being referred to as Kimmi, which I thought was a girl's name), a dull TR battle, and PotD saving the day. Good thing there were two new eps today, or this would have been a waste of getting up early on a Saturday morning.
So the clever lines and hilarious scenes weren't worth anything?

<><><>

One of my favorite parts:

Dexette: "It can run up to sixty miles per hour, but has trouble on turns." *we proceed to see Token take a turn and destroy a fence as it does so*

Aptenodytes

This was a cool episode. Reminds me of when ash got charizard ^.^ Linoone looks better in the anime than in the games in my opinion.

Geodude

Churly Ryan said:
I LOVED how they gave the filler Pokemon of the day a nickname. Was this a dub only thing? I wish more filler Pokemon were given nicknames.
Yes, in fact the Japanese nickname was pretty much exactly the same...just pronounced differently. I spelled it "Tokin" when I wrote the synopsis for this ep. It's pronounced "toh-KEEN". (Serebii made a typo in the synopsis link in the first page of this topic, I just gave the correct link.)

On another note, you guys notice how what the narrator says at the ends of the episodes is often kinda...generic? Well, I liked what he said for this one:

"Yes, Pokemon evolve, and their trainers grow older. But while everything changes, one thing remains true always: Friends can be friends forever, and even if they seem a little different, sometimes you have to look with your heart, and not your eyes."

No generic stuff about the experiences the group came away with and crap like that, just a nice closing statement. That should happen more often.

Poké_Master

Indigo Champion
Hear, Hear!

And I find it odd that Serebii has Tokin's dub name in the guide but not the family's... (Kimmy, Korban, and Harmony Shoney). I guess they decided to use Tokin's Japanese name instead of thinking up some crappy name

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Geodude said:
On another note, you guys notice how what the narrator says at the ends of the episodes is often kinda...generic? Well, I liked what he said for this one:

"Yes, Pokemon evolve, and their trainers grow older. But while everything changes, one thing remains true always: Friends can be friends forever, and even if they seem a little different, sometimes you have to look with your heart, and not your eyes."

No generic stuff about the experiences the group came away with and crap like that, just a nice closing statement. That should happen more often.
Yes, I noticed that. It was nice to hear the narrator say that.

BTW, it seems everybody's pretty much totally gotten over the change of narrators. I mean, I got used to it by the end of the Dewford episodes, but now everyone's seemed to forget the old guy. I kinda miss him, but it's nothing to complain about.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Geodude said:

I'm glad you noticed the genericness of the narrator's ending comments at every episode. Hell, they kept using the same bland thing over and over. I think they probably just got a little tired of the sameness feeling that some episodes had going.

Still, they don't have to make every closure seem epic and deep. The older narrator had comedic lines of all kinds.

Alfonso

Derpgull
V Faction said:
I'm glad you noticed the genericness of the narrator's ending comments at every episode. Hell, they kept using the same bland thing over and over. I think they probably just got a little tired of the sameness feeling that some episodes had going.

Still, they don't have to make every closure seem epic and deep. The older narrator had comedic lines of all kinds.

Ah yes... him.

Gotta love a guy who follows around a group of pre-teens who on the road to adventure, are struggling with their own personal feelings of sexual enlightenment...

Indeed.

Alfonso

Derpgull
Geodude said:
I wonder how much control he has over what he gets to say? After all, he's the only character whose dialogue isn't constrained by lip movements.

Mike probably just gets given lines by the people who dub the script.