1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Showdown At Linoone (389)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Advanced Battle' started by Serebii, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Vernikova

Vernikova Champion

Oh, they pronounce "Linoone" differently than I do. This was an okay episode. I wasn't really interested in Linoone's problems or its trainer's problems.

2. Neat seeing the anime show a Pokemon with the 'pickup' ability.
    I liked that mention of how disobedient Ash's Charizard use to be. :)(

3. pokefreak18

pokefreak18 Nathaniel

Good to see Linoone, my favorite regional evolved normal type(Raticate, Sentret, Linoone, Bibarel, Watchog)
    Laughed my ***** off at May reaction to Pikachu handing her the thick club.

4. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

Hee hee it was funny how the Linoone stole May's Poke balls and how Linoone had a fascination with round things. I also liked its stash of video game items including a Rare Bone and a Soothe Bell. ^^

5. JudySpell

JudySpell Banned

Token was actually enjoyable with his hoarding knack and the kid's parents were pretty funny with their love gag. I liked seeing so many items too. 6/10

6. Moonstardust

Moonstardust Banned

I pronounced it as "Li-noo-né" before this episode. :)

I liked Linoone and how he kept stealing items for his stash in the woods + my favorite scenes were when we saw the kid's goofy parents.

7. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

Good episode and Token was a great PotD. This foreshadowed Snorunt's training for the first time, even if he wasn't directly referred to. I thought it was cool seeing all those items on the anime, the Soothe Bell in particular.

8. ZilverLox

ZilverLox Banned

Okay so oddly, I REALLY enjoyed this episode. The animation was good, there were some funny jokes (Ash getting stepped on by May & also the parents being in love scenes), and I thought the story was sweet. Linoone and Zigzagoon also looked super cute in this episode. :)

9. Leonhart

Leonhart Well-Known Member

I liked how Satoshi called Okido-hakase to inform him that he'd won eight Houen badges. Keima's Massuguma stealing various objects was a neat plot idea as well since it kind of fit with Massuguma's Ability. The fact that Massuguma's Monster Ball obsession stemmed from his experiences as a Zigzaguma was intriguing, too.

10. Alloutℯ

Alloutℯ Banned

So the boy's Linoone was snatching stuff left and right, but neither him or his owner were punished? I get that Linoone wasn't bad, but he was still a thief.

11. Leonhart

Leonhart Well-Known Member

One good thing regarding Massuguma's strange hoarding habit in this episode was that we got to see his stash of items, which included in-game items that we'd never seen before like a Fluffy Tail and a Thick Club. I just enjoyed that tidbit.

12. Daizy

Daizy I call you honey

Linoone was pretty cool. And I liked the character of the day, I pretty much knew it was gonna happen, but I'm glad that Kimmy and Tokin were good friends again at the end, that was sweet.