• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Showdown At Linoone (389)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Showdown At Linoone

On their way to Pacifidlog Town, Ash & Co. decide to take a rest. However a Linoone comes and steals May's Pokéballs and runs off with them. Angry about this May chases after the Linoone. Will she get her balls back?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
Since we've been having problems with this lately, I'll post a reminder:

Unless you've seen the episode or read the episode guide that will inevitably be posted on the main site, don't post in this thread. If you want to speculate on what might happen, go to the Speculation Thread over in the Anime Spoilers forum.

Also, asking for someone to post an episode summary over and over again won't make it happen any sooner.

Alfonso

Derpgull
You know, I think the Mods/Admins need to talk amongst themselves a little bit more, since I was told by Edward Elric that the Speculation Threads for an episode would not be closed until a summery/information on the episode had been posted up in the Discussion Thread. Obviously, there are some mixed wires going around here, since the Speculation Thread was closed aroundf half an hour ago, and I don't see any information about the episode in this thread.

Sorry if that sounded like moaning, but... well... :p

Murgatroyd

Dull Manga Avatar
Alfonso said:
You know, I think the Mods/Admins need to talk amongst themselves a little bit more, since I was told by Edward Elric that the Speculation Threads for an episode would not be closed until a summery/information on the episode had been posted up in the Discussion Thread. Obviously, there are some mixed wires going around here, since the Speculation Thread was closed aroundf half an hour ago, and I don't see any information about the episode in this thread.
It appears that we Anime mods have been overruled. I reopened the thread, and Serebii closed it again within minutes.

Alfonso

Derpgull
Murgatroyd said:
It appears that we Anime mods have been overruled. I reopened the thread, and Serebii closed it again within minutes.

...Really? o.o; Have you/any of the other Anime Mods asked him why he wanted the thread to remain closed. (I certainly hope it isn't something like 'Oh since the episode has aired having a speculation thread would be illegal' or something. :p) While I didn't really have anything to say about the episode (To be honest, I'm not really interested in this episode.) at such a late stage, it would have been nice to post up a few final thoughts while I wait for the episode information to come through. -_-

Chris

Old Coot
I brought it up in the mod/admin section only to get no response from anyone other than Murg supporting the idea of keeping the spec. threads open until actual summaries are made. :\ We'll try the best we can to get info out as fast as we can.

F

Factory Head Noland

On their way to Pacifidlog Town, Ash & Co. decide to take a rest. However a Linoone comes and steals May's Pokéballs and runs off with them. Angry about this May chases after the Linoone. Will she get her balls back?
Haha sorry I couldn't resist!

What time did this episode air at? Has anyone seen it yet?

I think the spec thread should still be open...

JazzJazz

Dogasu said:
Unless you've seen the episode or read the episode guide that will inevitably be posted on the main site, don't post in this thread. If you want to speculate on what might happen, go to the Speculation Thread over in the Anime Spoilers forum.

Surely we're allowed to ask questions about the content of the episode or comment on what other posters have said about the episode... am I wrong?

Murgatroyd

Dull Manga Avatar
Pokemonisgr8 said:
Haha sorry I couldn't resist!

What time did this episode air at? Has anyone seen it yet?

I think the spec thread should still be open...
It aired at 7:30 PM Thursday in Japan. I also think the spec thread should be open, but Serebii's the one who makes the final decision.

JazzJazz said:
Surely we're allowed to ask questions about the content of the episode or comment on what other posters have said about the episode... am I wrong?
Only after there's something to respond to. We're getting sick and tired of people asking questions and building on each other's posts before anyone actually knows anything about the episode.

V Faction

www.faction.com
So that means this post and all previous posts are off-topic. Now that's efficiency!

Damn this makes no sense. Oh, well I guess the episode should just be dropped off of the site for the time being. "Huh, Linoone? Why, whatever do you mean...."

Tamer Zack

SPP forgotten member
Almighty Zard said:
serebii could be sick, maybe that's why he closed it early so he would not have to do it later.

Other mods who are active will close it to save him the trouble.

Geodude

Just finished watching this ep. A few preliminary thoughts:

-You know that attack that we all thought was most likely Shock Wave? Well, we were WRONG! Surprised? I was. It was actually Water Pulse. This proves that unlike Surf, Water Pulse does NOT require the Pokemon to be in water in order for it to work.

-And remember the purple rings around Seviper's and Cacnea's eyes? As I suspected from how Grovyle looked in the previous episode, they were confused--due to the aforementioned Water Pulse.

-Some nice animation overall in this ep, I paricularly liked the part where Pikachu repeatedly jumped back to avoid Seviper's Poison Tail...reminded me of the Bellossom episode when Pikachu battled Victreebel and did about the same thing.

-And yes, the Linoone belongs to that kid.

Last edited:

Geodude

Golden Darkness said:
There was an interesting mention of Ash's Charizard, most specifically how it was disobediant I believe.
Right, how could I forget that? I think Ash was talking about how Linoone's misbehaving reminded him of how his Charizard used to be. But he looked pretty proud at one point when he was talking about it, so did he talk about how it now behaves or something? I couldn't figure that out.

Chris

Old Coot
Jeez, I wish they'd stick to ONE look. x_X That Water Pulse looked alot more like an electric attack. And Geodude, this wouldn't be the first time it's been used away from water. Kodora has used it on the Rocket Gang when they tried stealing Haruka's and the mother Coordinator's ribbons. The attack came from underground, though.