• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Showdown at the Oak Corral (008)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Showdown at the Oak Corral

Its a usual day at Oak's Lab, all Ash's Pokémon are out having fun, but Butch & Cassidy soon appear with the intent of stealing as many Pokémon as possible. Can they be stopped?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

F

Factory Head Noland

I haven't seen this episode but it looks so cool! we get to see Ash's old Pokemon!! I love the picture, it's good to see Bayleef, Cyndaquil, Totodile and Noctowl looking good. I miss all of them terribly...

EDIT:

I just watched this episode and it was so cool! It was great to see all of Ash's old Pokemon again! The battle at the end was just great, Delia was good at battling with Mr. Mime and Prof. Oak was good at battling with Bulbasaur, Totodile and Cyndaquil.
I didn't realise that Bayleef, Heracross, Kingler and Noctowl have the same Japanese and English voices.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heracross

Custom User Title
This episode was as good as I thought it would be. It was cool to see all of Satoshi's pokémon at Ookido-Hakase's lab, and I think it's cool how the writers use Yamato and Kosanji (XD) a lot in the special episodes.

The think I didn't like about it was the Betabaton looked really f'd up throughout the episode. It was friggin huge and all stretched out looking. o_o;

Fushigidane stole the spotlight yet again, but I didn't really mind because I love the little guy.^^ I really wish they would have given Heracross more time though, all he really did was help look for Yamato and Kosaburou and then stand around in the background. C'mon writers, you already screwed him over in the actual show, couldn't you give him some screen time in the specials?

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

I cant wait for tommorow to see this

I love totodile, cyndaquil and noctowl!

Blazing Charmander

Just saw the episode and it was great! The best dubbed Hoso (Chronicles) yet. I think that 4Kids did really well dubbing this episode.

Thyere were no mess ups from what I remember. Well, maybe the only one was when Tracey said that he had "heard" of Cassidy and Butch before when in fact, he saw them in the Orange Islands. But other than that, everything was fine.

It was great seeing Ash and Tracey's Pokemon in action again. I have really missed those guys. It was funny when Totodile kept shooting water guns at Butch and kept dancing. And just a note, the names that Butch were called were Biff (by Tracey) and Bill (by Delia).

And one last thing. One interesting piece of dialogue I picked out was when Oak told Delia that Ash had arrived in Petalburg. Delia said she loves Petalburg and has always wanted to see a Zigzagoon. Interesting. Eldershippers will also be happy at the fact that at the end, the narrator said that Delia thought Oak's love poem was about her.

Blazing Charmander said:
And one last thing. One interesting piece of dialogue I picked out was when Oak told Delia that Ash had arrived in Petalburg. Delia said she loves Petalburg and has always wanted to see a Zigzagoon. Interesting. Eldershippers will also be happy at the fact that at the end, the narrator said that Delia thought Oak's love poem was about her.

She said Zangoose I though. Anyway alot of Eldershipping.

Anyway the passin time sence was ashs pokemon. And even Kingler, Muk, Heracross and Snorlax made appreances.

They kept the traddition of Butch beinging said wrong and him going crazy.

The lame puns:

"This is a bake time I mean great time"
"Jessie and James" "No, Messie and Lames"

A few more I can't remember.

Good though.

Batdude

Old school
I thought that this was pretty good. Oak has some spirit in him battle-wise anyway. They changed poor Cassidy's attractive voice to some other... thing...

And not that I'm slamming the artists, but WHAT did they do to Muk and Kingler?! Muk was a giant, and Kingler looked the worst I've ever seen him, as if he was glued to the ground.

Other than that, I liked it.

(How many Oddish/Skiploom does Oak have in that lab?!)

EDIT: On a very different note, just for once I'd like to have someone mess up Butch's name and call him Bitch. When Tracey said 'Biff' I actually thought he said it for a second. Maybe someday...

poke_girl

The Amazing
The Sales mans voice changed..

Jesse GS the II said:
Weren't those the names that MAD Magazine gave them in their "Pokémon" parody about six years ago?

Probably but Butch said the Messie and Lames bit after Casidy went "We're better than those other two Jessie and James" also Giovani's name wes mentioned instead of Boss when Casidy was saying promotion Butch said "Giovania will give us so on"

Also the the saleman had a strange voice.

Also Prof.Oak was writing a poem which turned out to be a love poem but he kept saying "Whats a word the ryhmes with Touros?"I was like be quiet now we get the idea.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
- Why did the Magikarp Salesman have a completely different voice?
- Why did they cut the part where Cassidy starts kicking the Nidoking and then it hurls her over the forest? The episode ended like, 2 minutes early.
- Why couldn't Cassidy's VA pronounce anything properly? Poh-Key Balls? Hound-Door?

The episode was pretty decent despite a few slip-ups here and there, which I expect from EVERY chronicles episode anyway. These guys obviously aren't as dedicated to dubbing this show as those who work on the main series are. Meh.

I'm honestly not too bothered with Cassidy's new voice, though its nowhere near as good as the one we're already accustomed to, at least in my opinion.
Speaking of Cassidy, she looked really hot in this episode. I mean, she always looked pretty attractive before, but in this ep....whooo.
Would anyone happen to know which animation team is in charge of the Hoso specials? They all have this very distinctive style, and its really quite nice. I wish they'd animate some of the main series episodes too :/ Personally, I had no problem with Muk's appearence. Its supposed to look gooey and blob like anyways.

I do wish we'd have gotten to see more of Ash's other pokémon. Heracross barely did anything, and the same goes for Kingler and a few of the other 'neglected' guys. A shame really, you;d think they'd try to have them do a little bit more considering these episodes were one of the very few chances they'd get to have them appear.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Did all of Ash's Pokemon keep their old voices? And does Cassidy's new VA try to imitate the old one?

I really wish 4kids would let the guys who dub the main series to do Chronicles, even though THEY make mistakes every so often (Arbok to Seviper...lolololol), at least it's better than the Chronicles guys.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Cybercubed said:
Did all of Ash's Pokemon keep their old voices? And does Cassidy's new VA try to imitate the old one?
Yeah, they all had the same voices. Except for Snorlax, who has a new VA, but thats been known of since the Johto league finals. I'm not particulary fond of Snorlax's new voice, the older one sounded a lot better :p

Cassidy's new VA was trying to sound like the older voice, though I feel her work with Hun would have been more suitable *shrugs*

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Well at least Cassidy's new voice can't be blamed since her voice actress left (which caused Joy/Jenny to change too).

I am very happy to hear Butch kept the same voice, I can't imagine him sounding any different in the dub.

But damn, it's sad to hear the Magikarp salesman got butchered. Especially since he just appeared in the Spoink and Winona episode that aired recently on KidsWb, and he kept his old voice in both the new episodes of the main series.

Alfonso

Derpgull
Bake time... wtf. What in the world just BAKING have to do with anything? O_O

Gah. And what in the world. Tracey has 'heard' of Butch and Cassidy? Lol.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
The voice for the Magikarp salesman in the episode wasn't even very good either. His usual dub voice is pretty neat, and makes him sound really shifty, but the replacement was more along the lines of 'decrepid old man' if anything. They're obviously not even properly researching this show, which is just embarrassing.

Alfonso said:
Bake time... wtf. What in the world just BAKING have to do with anything? O_O
Delia came round with a freshly made batch of cookies or something like that.

Oh, how Oak loves Delia's 'cookies'~

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Do I have any hope of these guys remembering Sakura's name in the next Misty special? Gah, they're going to change it to Sally or something. :(

TeddiUrsa

Alfonso said:
Gah. And what in the world. Tracey has 'heard' of Butch and Cassidy? Lol.

Tracey has a very bad memory, maybe because he passed his memory over to brock so that he can "remember" lapras.
In the Aerodactyl episode, Tracey doesn´t seem to know who gary is..I mean, they met at the end of the orange jeague journey, didn´t they? Poor tracey..misty must keep him busy :p