• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Showdown at the Oak Corral (008)

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
Jesse GS the II said:
Weren't those the names that MAD Magazine gave them in their "Pokémon" parody about six years ago?

Yes it was:

[IMG135]http://www.bulbagarden.net/~dogasu/message_boards/messy_lame.jpg[/IMG135]​

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

I loved this ep

exept for kingler and muk and heracross done nothing

the magikarp salesmen had a weird voice, but this the best chronicles so far..

but the dub titles of all of them cept for the legend of thunder sucked

B

Buttercup

Is it just me or did Butch's voice sound a lil gay on some parts of the ep?

IMPERIAL DRAGON

Enemy Of Reality
One question, do any of my fellow Brits here know when this episode is being repeated? I missed it on wednasday so I intended to see the repeat this afternoon but they showed the episode from the previous week for some reason...

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

they've been repeated the christmas specials like crazy

and Butch's voice dosent sound gay unless he's saying 'Giovanni'

Batdude

Old school
Funny, it's only now that people have said it that I can hear a different tone to Butch's voice. I never thought he sounded gay. Then again, when I first heard his voice I was too young and naive to suspect anything of the sort.

Geodude

Cool episode. I thought it was really neat to see Delia in a battle for the first time, and Oak battling again for only the second time in the series...and of course to see Tracey and Scyther join in too.

Muk looked weird though, it looked really different from when we saw Ash's Muk before.

Mysty

OMG. Butch does sound like harvey Fiernstein! *cracks up and starts humming something from La Cage aux Folles*

All the Eldershipping in this episode had me very very happy.

It was a good episode,and after the motto I loved this part:

You're Cassidy,and you're bith!
MY NAME IS BUTCH! NOT BITH!

And I would've expected Butch's voice to be less deeper.
And Tracey sounds like fracking Alistor from Yu Gi Oh.

Haunter Hunter Sohrab

Johto Champion
I saw the episode today and I guess this one was alright. Delia calling Butch Bill was pretty funny. But at the end where the nararator talks about Professor Oak reading a love poem and Delia thinks it's adressed towards her, is that in the japanese version too?

~Battle Frontier~

<-- Wolf Whistle
I liked this episode even though it didnt have any important events.

Hiraitos Zero aka OCZ said:
It was a good episode,and after the motto I loved this part:

You're Cassidy,and you're bith!
MY NAME IS BUTCH! NOT BITH!

And I would've expected Butch's voice to be less deeper.
And Tracey sounds like fracking Alistor from Yu Gi Oh.

Tracey said Biff not Bith in the episode.

J

Jazlynn

"Luvdisc isA Most Splendored Thing"

When is this episode gonna come to the US???? I would LOVE to to see this episode get aired on TV. I've seen the episode pictures and one of them is SO adorable. It's a picture of Cass and Butch holding hands and looking really happy instead of lookin evil. That picture of them looking happy really touched me. I always knew that Butch loves Cassidy. And Cassidy loves Butch. Shell! I can tell that in that picture they don't mind being that close to each other. *sniffs* :)

CassAndButchholdinghands2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Medea

Excalibur
FINALLY! MEDEA SAW THIS!

I just saw this episode a couple of hours ago and I am so very glad I saw it. This episode had some very funny moments. It's going to take me a while to get used to Cassidy's voice (but I'm sure I will). The Magikarp Salesman on the other hand...well, it was just BLAH! And finally, and most importantly, I got to see my favorite, and very sexy character, Tracey. He was just great (as he always is ^_^)

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
Just watched the episodes for my site. No idea when I'll get the comparison up, though.

Gravy said:
- Why did they cut the part where Cassidy starts kicking the Nidoking and then it hurls her over the forest? The episode ended like, 2 minutes early.

Probably because Nidoking was pretty much trying to rape Yamato. Seriously, it's one of the most disturbing scenes ever animated for the franchise, and I'm not surprised at all that 4Kids decided to cut it out.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Dogasu said:
Probably because Nidoking was pretty much trying to rape Yamato. Seriously, it's one of the most disturbing scenes ever animated for the franchise, and I'm not surprised at all that 4Kids decided to cut it out.

More disturbing than James with boobs or Brock licking/humping Sudowoodo?

Now I really need to see this. Someone needs to make an animated gif of that scene for those of us who are stuck watching the dub.

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
It's a 12-second scene, so I doubt anyone would bother to make a gif for it.

I do plan to post screenshots, though. After I figure out what's wrong with my site.