• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Showdown at the PokeCorall! (067)

7threst

Ah, good episode this is. I just love the whole prequel to the Indigo League and this episode elaborated that thoroughly. What I also find interesting is that with the increasing appearance of Gary, you, the viewer, can feel that rivalry sparking between them. That makes thus more enjoyable to watch.

Lucille

Ah, good episode this is. I just love the whole prequel to the Indigo League and this episode elaborated that thoroughly. What I also find interesting is that with the increasing appearance of Gary, you, the viewer, can feel that rivalry sparking between them. That makes thus more enjoyable to watch.

agreed this episode made me excited for the league

Ooooh. A Starmie and Staryu. Okay Misty, you take one on the count of three. One. Two. Three! Okay, run run. Hearing what Gary said should be a wake up call for Ash. He slacks off, and he doesn't catch Pokemon. He attempts to do it, but fails most of the time.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Here's a question: If Ash had a bed above his shelves, why was he sleeping on the floor in the first place?

NPT

Just a member
This episode finally showed Ash's 30 Tarous that he caught in the episode "The Legend Of Dratini", but sadly that episode didn't air in US. But this left a plot-hole in the english dub of the Kanto saga.
Gary annoyed me in this episode ....... he collected 10 (2 unneeded)badges just to show-off in front of Ash. Rewatching this episode reminded me how much I disliked Gary back then. Gary having 200 Pokémon didn't make sense to me ....... that particular part of the episode was badly writing, there's no way a trainer can catch that many Pokemon in that amount of time.
I did like the scene where MEWTWO destroys Giovanni's headquarters and leaves, that was the best part of this episode in my opinion. Prof. Oak mentioned about the two other trainer who left Pallet Town with Ash and Gary, didn't succeed as trainers.....but sadly he never said who were the trainers. I guess it'll remain a mystery forever.

Here's a question: If Ash had a bed above his shelves, why was he sleeping on the floor in the first place?

it was either a mistake or Ash was used too sleeping like that after his Kanto journey.

Last edited:
I just assumed the reason Gary had/caught 200 Pokemon was because, maybe, he caught more than one of the same Pokemon over time.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Ugh, Mr. Mime vacuuming Ash's face was annoying. To this day I wish Delia hadn't gotten him. Anyway, Mewtwo's cameo was cool; I like it when the writers tie the anime with the movies. In general though, I disliked Professor Oak's constant lectures throughout the episode. I liked seeing Oak's Poke Ball room though; Gary's collection was impressive.

JudySpell

Banned
Whoa Gary's collection was beyond huge. Makes me wonder how he even captured so many Pokemon in the same time that Ash captured less than 10. 7/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
It was cool seeing Mewtwo's cameo when Team Rocket went to Giovanni's place. I also liked seeing Ash's Krabby again, plus Gary had such a huge collection of pokemon which made Ash seem weaker. ^^;

Leonhart

Imagineer
It was good seeing Masara Town again, best of all Okido-hakase and Shigeru as well. I didn't know that Shigeru had caught so many Pokemon, and Okido-hakase's explanation of his daily routine was oddly fascinating to me. I also liked Sakaki's brief cameo when his hideout blow up due to the armored Mewtwo.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I had this episode on VHS and I remember being so pissed off that Gary and Ash didn't battle, because it was the last episode on the tape and I made my mom buy the tape because I thought they battled in it...

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I didn't know that Shigeru had caught so many Pokemon, and Okido-hakase's explanation of his daily routine was oddly fascinating to me.

I liked that Gary had such a large selection of Pokemon in his collection, but I think the writers went overboard by giving him two hundred ha ha. He didn't need multiples of the same Pokemon, so I wonder why he went on such an extreme catching spree.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I liked that Gary had such a large selection of Pokemon in his collection, but I think the writers went overboard by giving him two hundred ha ha. He didn't need multiples of the same Pokemon, so I wonder why he went on such an extreme catching spree.

Gary catching so many Pokemon was reasonable, though. He obviously wanted variety and catching many of the same kinds of Pokemon gave him that.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Thanks I forgot. But did they explain why Gary's Krabby was so huge in the first place while Ash's was mini sized?

I don't think its size was explained, so my guess is that Gary's Krabby was just bigger to make Ash's Krabby seem weaker by comparison hee hee. Gary's Pokemon tended to seem stronger than Ash's in general in the Kanto saga.

Shayuin

Banned
I liked when we saw TR visit the base and how they saw Mewtwo, but the point of Ash visiting Oak's tiny lab seemed flimsy at best.