• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Showdown at the PokeCorall! (067)

Littlemyuu

I loved the episode, but i was a bit confused when i saw all the tauros ^^

Icefiyre

Banned
This episode was really surprising for me as I heard that Gary has 200 Pokemon in his possession! That couldn't be possible at all seeing there was only 151 known Pokemon in the RBY games. Anyways, it was really harsh to see Gary being too popular like on Ash because he thinks he's better than him in many ways.

Lazyslacker

Quiet, I'm sleeping
That was a cool episode.

Krissi69

The Force Is Strong
This episode was really surprising for me as I heard that Gary has 200 Pokemon in his possession! That couldn't be possible at all seeing there was only 151 known Pokemon in the RBY games. Anyways, it was really harsh to see Gary being too popular like on Ash because he thinks he's better than him in many ways.

He had many of the same Pokemon. Great Episode.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I loved to see Gary's pokeballs. he has much more pokemon then Ash.

And i loved his Dodou, it was strange...

7/10

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I loved the episode, but i was a bit confused when i saw all the tauros ^^

Yes, all because the US couldn't edit out a gun scene :/

I liked it, though the beginning was boring. It wasn't until Oak was explaining Pokemon that I gained interest on it. I liked Gary's giant Krabby though it was probably stronger than Ash's.

Team Rocket find their bosses hideout, then Mewtwo destroys it, lol. 7/10

CliveKoopa

Something confused me about this episode. When Prof. Oak scans Ash and Gary's Pokedexes, he says Gary has caught 60 Pokemon but just a few minutes later, he says he caught 200 Pokemon. Also the way Brock spoke of Togepi, he seemed to be already aware that Togepi was not one of the original 150 Pokemon.

Also Gary was shocked that Meowth could talk even though he already met him in "The Battle Of The Badge".

Overall quite a good episode..

Last edited:

KGB13

Man of Mystery
I had this episode on VHS and I remember being so PO'd that Gary and Ash didn't battle because it was the last episode on the tape and I made my mom buy the tape because I thought they battled in it. I was also super confused seeing all of those Tauros and finding out they were Ash's, I was so lost. This episode was OK though.

saar

Shiny Flygon
Krabby being brought up again was surprsing since Gary have never seen one of Ash's pokemon except of Pikachu. And Ash should have battled Garry in this episode. Just before the league, it should have been the last training battle.

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
I loved seeing Mewtwo in this episode even if it was just flying away. Also I feel bad for Ash having to fix the fence at the end of the episode.

G50

No longer posting
The 1st time I saw this episode, I was very confused as to how Ash has 30 Tauros, but after seeing the other episode, it made sense. Gary's arrogance really shines in this episode, especially when it was said that he had seen less, but caught more pokemon, and Ash has seen way more pokemon but has caught less. Seeing Duduo for the 1st time was cool.

40/100

Aquarelle

Staff member
The whole 30 Tauros thing confused me when I saw this episode. I couldn't think of how I could've possibly missed Ash catching that many Pokemon.

I liked the part where Team Rocket was blown up by Voltorb and Electrode, and the part where Ash says something about Misty becoming more like Psyduck. xD I also liked how unbelievably large Oak's lab is.

Overall, though, I found most of this episode to be boring. There weren't many interesting things in it. :/

RocketTwurpSLR

pokemonmaniacSLR
OMG, i love this episode
one reason that i absolutly love this episode is because it had one of the most hallarious quote ever!!

"Im no loser, i earned 8 badges" made by ash, i absolutly was wetting myself laughin on the floor i couldnt stop laughing, it was the way he said it, and the fact that gary had two more badges then him (who would want 10! unless you were paul who think one of the gyms were pathetic)

Hilijix

Back in Blue
This episode was the first full Pokemon episode I've ever seen, so it's very nostalgic for me.

It was a shame I didn't get to see anyone battle, because I did want to at least see how the whole premise of the show worked.

I love that Gary acts all smug and says Electric isn't good against Rock when Electric really isn't good against Ground. It's like the writers don't know a thing about the game.

CliveKoopa

I love that Gary acts all smug and says Electric isn't good against Rock when Electric really isn't good against Ground. It's like the writers don't know a thing about the game.

That was until Iron Tail was introduced. That should wipe that smug smile of Gary's face if Pikachu had known Iron Tail at the time.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
This was a good episode. It was nice to see so many different Pokémon and how Professor Oak's lab works. It was also funny how Gary is better than Ash in pretty much every way. I like how Jessie can just pick up and fling that Geodude... I thought they were heavy!

iraqmaster

I'm still having trouble understanding how those other 2 trainers just were wasted like that.. Why did they just give up..

When seeing this episode for the first time, the 30 Tauros shocked me. After seeing "The legend of Dratini" on the internet some years ago, I finally understood. Nice to see how Professor Oak works, and to see Gary's Krabby. This is a very interesting episode. Brock asking to Gary what he would choose against his Geodude, and then Misty saying Ash would use Pikachu was funny. Ash didn't get a chance to answer. However, if he did, he would've probably said "Pikachu" anyways, so it doesn't matter. 10/10 for an awesome Kanto episode, this one is so memorable and perfect.