• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Showdown at the PokeCorall! (067)

Leonhart

Imagineer
Looking back, I felt that Kasumi was entirely right to show mild annoyance when Okido-hakase asked her and Takeshi to help mend the broken fence. Since Satoshi's Kentauros herd had damaged it, I didn't see why Kasumi and Takeshi needed to help Satoshi with the fixtures.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Why did Gary even catch 200 Pokemon? All he needed was 6 so his huge collection seemed silly. I loved when we saw TRio witness Giovanni's office explode though.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
Honestly, this episode forever sealed my belief that Gary is and always will be a better trainer than Ash, even after he retired, no one can change my mind.

The reason, because in this episode it was stated that not only did Gary capture a lot of Pokemon, but he rotated between them AND he came up with strategies both before and during his gym battles.

Now in this episode Ash stated he doesn't care that he didn't capture many Pokemon since they were all his friends, except at that point he caught Krabby, Muk, and 30 Tauros and never called upon them, effectively breaking that Aesop made worst because it was arguably not the first time the show did that nor the last. I won't go into detail on that because I don't want to sound like I am ranting.

and yes I am aware that a lot of problems the show suffered over time originated from the original series, but at the time they were arguably tolerable since the show was just starting out .

Leonhart

Imagineer
Why did Gary even catch 200 Pokemon? All he needed was 6 so his huge collection seemed silly.

Shigeru seemed similar to Shinji in this episode, in that he thought capturing multiples of some Pokemon gave him a higher chance of finding one with good stats.

This episode felt like a waste of time since Ash didn't need a lecture on Oak's daily habits. When we saw Gary's Doduo I wondered why he even had one when we never see him train his team.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I kind of pitied Satoshi and his friends here since they had visited Okido-hakase's laboratory simply to find out where the Sekiei League would take place, and yet they had to put up with Okido-hakase's long monologues.

Daizy

I call you honey
The reason, because in this episode it was stated that not only did Gary capture a lot of Pokemon, but he rotated between them AND he came up with strategies both before and during his gym battles.

Okay but Ash has rotated his Pokemon too, not in Kanto sure but in BW and it was a disaster. Gary rotating his team makes no sense to me though because he had like 200 Pokemon so his training schedule would've been impossible.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
Okay but Ash has rotated his Pokemon too, not in Kanto sure but in BW and it was a disaster. Gary rotating his team makes no sense to me though because he had like 200 Pokemon so his training schedule would've been impossible.
Not too start an argument but for me when Ash rotated it felt like more of a failed attempt, he tried but not very hard to rotate between his Pokemon, he still focused mainly on the Starters and Scraggy with the others feeling more like guest stars.

Gary felt more successful when rotating, and yes I agree it would've been impossible to rotate and fairly train that many Pokemon at once, but he obviously found a way for all them to become strong maybe Ash should take a page out of his book.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I don't fully understand why Shigeru was revealed to own so many Pokemon here that we never got to see, but I do find the fact that he was able to switch between so many Pokemon consistently (albeit off-screen) very impressive.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
When I was a kid I was so confused that Ash now suddenly had a herd of Tauros because of course the Safari Zone episode where he caught them was never dubbed. :p

Gary having a Doduo was cute even though I don't think he ever used it again. Oak's lab was much bigger than I thought it was and it seemed like a nature preserve since so many Pokemon lived there. I liked how we got to know about Oak's routine day and about a few other subjects like when the Pokemon League would begin. I also liked the Mewtwo cameo scene.

I didn't like that this episode made Gary and Ash gain more respect for each other since they were better off as childish rivals. I was always confused about Oak's comment about how Gary had over 200 Pokemon because it didn't seem like a realistic amount for just one person. Also I liked Team Rocket catching a glimpse of Mewtwo when he destroyed Giovanni's hideout and my favorite scene was when Oak gave everyone a tour of the lab. 7/10

When you realize that during most of Kanto Ash was using Krabby as Professor Oak's waiter