• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shuffle Panic in the Underground Labyrinth?! (1161)

LazySpy

Kimty
Guys...
This episode is really good.

So you may be thinking I would take issue with TRio just happening into Ash & Co... However, they were both investigating a rumour of a new Pokemon, which would be a pretty huge deall for this world - and for them - so it's a lot more reasonable than most other instances in this series.

Interactions between characters were probably the best part of the episode, they ranged from being hillarious to somewhat charming. My favourite joke in the episode would probably be Grookey stealing Wobuffet's net, and shoving it on a Heatmor's head.

About Pikachu attacking a Ground Pokemon with an Electric type move, I thought I was going to be fine with this scene since based on people's descriptions of it, it sounded as though Pikachu attacked immidiately as soon as Seismitoad leaped out of water... However, before he attacked, Goh opened his Pokedex and it explicitly stated it's a ground type they're up against. So Pikachu forgot the type matchups, it seems...? Despite it being a huge concern for him, but whatever. It doesn't affect the plot much since he proceeds to use Iron Tail as soon as Goh explains the situation to him.

7/10, absolutelly slayed me at some points and had some great character moments.

LazySpy

Kimty
"The game was a masterwork... The sound design was incredible.

It couldn't be improved if it was hit by the Red Car Law.

I gave it a six, the gameplay was okay... The sound design was well designed."

UglyToast

But it IS still kinda funny tho. Gen 8 doesn't really a Pokemon that can truly be called "Waifu Bait" besides Violent Deadly Witch Fairy so furry fandom had to cling to Cinderace for their waifu fix lmao
Yeah, a wise man once said "Cinderace is good for me since I have a thing for rabbits"
And NO, I'm NOT that wise man, don't associate that with me.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Not an essay time.
Another case of having to google search the setting of the episode (Driftveil), been some time since I did that. It was somewhat amusing to see Ash, Go and even TR get duped by a made-up pokemon, and if a business needs to do that to drum up trade, they must be very desperate to make any money. That aside, I'd say the "plot", if you would call it that was entirely Grookey and Eevee's fault for jumping into what was later revealed to be a Durant nest. I won't deny that post separation there were some interesting interactions, Ash and Morpeko argued over food, Meowth essentially became a simp for Koharu, Go learned that his leadership skills were lacking and as for TR and Eevee, I was reminded of the time when they tried recruiting Emolga to their ranks in late-BW. I will say that when Seismitoad leapt out of the water, my immediate thoughts were "Pikachu is going to use Thunderbolt on it isn't he?" and lo and behold that's what he did... AFTER Go checked it out in the Pokedex, in that instance I'd say Pikachu wasn't paying attention to that and just went with his instincts, y'know like what Ash does. Mind you when Grookey emerged from the nest and into Wobbuffet's net, I actually forgot Wobbuffet was told to stay there. Finally, I'd like to say Go did not deserve that Durant, it was just there and Go added it to the box.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Meh. I wasn‘t really excited for this ep, and even after watching it i don‘t really care for it either way. Well some things did leave some impression.
  • Evee and grookey are still little shites
  • Meowth simping was something i guess, but koharu’s interaction with him was pretty bland
  • Pikachu ignoring goh was actually surprising. He completely didn‘t care about leaving goh behind and even looked annoyed when goh told him to think first. Doesn‘t he usually get along with ash’s friend aside from the customary introduction shock?
  • Leading a group of pokemon to a group of it‘s natural predators was actually pretty dark, especially with the pokedex entry being read out
  • Durant was random capture so whatever

D

Deleted member 384931

Meh. I wasn‘t really excited for this ep, and even after watching it i don‘t really care for it either way. Well some things did leave some impression.
  • Evee and grookey are still little shites
  • Meowth simping was something i guess, but koharu’s interaction with him was pretty bland
  • Pikachu ignoring goh was actually surprising. He completely didn‘t care about leaving goh behind and even looked annoyed when goh told him to think first. Doesn‘t he usually get along with ash’s friend aside from the customary introduction shock?
  • Leading a group of pokemon to a group of it‘s natural predators was actually pretty dark, especially with the pokedex entry being read out
  • Durant was random capture so whatever
I thought the same about Pikachu tbh.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
I actually don‘t think the battle part is that much of an inconsistency actually. Seems like it’s on goh for taking too long by looking at the dex and fumbling for a pokeball, so pikachu wasn’t willing to wait but would still follow along if he gave quick orders.

It’s the leaving him behind in the tunnel that was surprising. Not even trying to get goh attention to lead the way, but just up and left without saying anything or caring about wheter goh followed or not. I’m pretty sure the pokemons usually at least stay with whichever friend they are with.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I know the concept the episode has been done before (aka the group got separated while the owners & Pokemons got mixed) I still like them because it gives rooms of unique interactions. The episode I remembered the most prior this episode is the XY episode when the group got separated by 3 wild Pangoros.

That being said, I did enjoy the interaction of Meowth & Chloe, more so than Meowth with Bonnie. Chloe is a kind girl when she interacts with Pokemons given them positive compliments, so there's a reason why her father's Yamper & another owner's Pidove cared her more than the rest of her family, while Bonnie is just staring at Meowth suspiciously regardless of its ability to talk like humans. Lol at Meowth's mistakenly confessing at Jessie instead of Chloe because it didn't watch what in front of it.

I like Eevee trying to imitate the intro of TRio pose while Meowth, Wobbuffet & Morpeko weren't there. The thing just wanted to have fun imitate things despite having already dealt with TRio in the past for bad things.

Pikachu didn't seem to listen to Goh's orders when they get threatened, probably because the latter wasn't worth order it, which is weird because some past companions didn't had problems with it like Serena & Lillie. Of course Goh captured a Durant who was friendly to him and speaking of Durant damn the wild Pokemons are aggressive & territorial which of course are plot devices to separate & reunite the twerps & TRio.

Ash seems to compete against Morpeko on who's eating the Klink cookies the most which is a cool change considering that the latter kept all foods by itself from TRio. Grookey was pretty much alone until get followed by Wobbuffet who was at the entrance of the tunnel.

Fun episode overall. Oh yeah, the twerps got blasted off at the end but walk casually in the next scene while TRio are still hanging into a tree.

D

Deleted member 384931

When was the last time Team Rocket succeded in catching Pikachu? They didnt even really try here