1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Shut up, donate your money, watch awesome videogames, destroy cancer.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by JoshYEAH, Jan 6, 2012.

1. JoshYEAH

JoshYEAH ???

http://speeddemosarchive.com/

AWESOME GAMES DONE QUICK

Speed Demos Archive are doing their annual charity bonanza and this year it's all about the annihilation of cancer.

All of your donated dollars will go towards http://preventcancer.org which is a real treat and you can totally click that link to make sure it's all legit (it is).

This isn't a small time event either, so far donations have already reached $72,559 which is more than I will ever earn in my lifetime because I am homeless irl.

So go and watch all your favourite games be destroyed in record time and donate to help the good fight against the #1 enemy to humanity, cancer.

YOU ARE GREAT.

THERE ARE ALSO GLORIOUS PRIZES TO BE WON. TO BE IN THE RUNNING FOR A GLORIOUS PRIZE YOU ONLY NEED TO DONATE $5. (at least for most of them, some of them you need to donate $10. It's a huge difference, I know)

FULL SCHEDULE OF GAMES IS HERE

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  2. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

I will donate $5 because JoshYEAH told me to.

3. JoshYEAH

JoshYEAH ???

You are great and you've achieved wondrous things this day.

4. TeamRocketGrunt

TeamRocketGrunt WobbWobbWobb Wobrudo

If you're homeless, how can you afford a device that can go on Serebii?HMMM?

5. JoshYEAH

JoshYEAH ???

Shut up, stop derailing this thread and watch awesome games being destroyed and donate to the cause you cretin.

6. Korusan

Korusan Banned

If watching people play awesome games doesn't spur you to open your wallets (cheapskates), you greedy ungrateful peasants can also work up $11 to buy this awesome shirt.

Go do it scumbags.

7. The substances that are used to make video games produce cancer...

8. JoshYEAH

JoshYEAH ???

When you are one of the people posting crap up in a thread about a good cause I hope you feel good about yourself.

Thanks Korusan I will add that to the OP.

9. emeraldellie

emeraldellie Δ Staff Member Admin

okay guys stop posting unconstructive replies. this thread should be nice and i will bake a cake full of rainbows and we can be happy.

10. Pesky Persian

Pesky Persian Caffeine Queen

You both should read the thread title, particularly the first two words.

11. Cassiopeia

Cassiopeia No more massacres.

Well, if this goes to curing irl cancer (the forum cancer will never be cured), I would donate. Now let me ask my parents if they will because I don't have a credit card.

12. Moltanic

Moltanic OTTER MODE ACTIVATE!

Holy fuck Josh is alive!

So does pretty much everything else in the world.

I was gonna donate anyways but then I saw this. I've already ordered my shirt. :feelsgoodman:

13. JoshYEAH

JoshYEAH ???

Still not impressed? Megaman 9 (Buster only) was just beaten in 43:15.90.

These people are god tier at these games.

Megaman 10 is about to start!

14. Charizard Champion#06

Charizard Champion#06 Spiral Warrior

Damn, too bad I missed Megaman 9, that's one of my all-time favourite games.

Oh well, Megaman 10 is also great.

15. Zazie

Zazie So 1991

It doesn't go to curing cancer it goes to preventing cancer. Here is what the money will probably be used for: http://preventcancer.org/what-we-do/

16. Charizard Champion#06

Charizard Champion#06 Spiral Warrior

They timed when he entered the boss fight to the music to abuse the RNG and predict Wily's movements in 10's last stage.

I didn't even know that was possible.

Megaman X now.

17. foxyman1167

foxyman1167 From Zero To Hero

Homeless people are sometimes allowed to use libraries...

Are they playing Pokemon this year? All I've seen so far is MegaMan X.X

18. Sadib

Sadib Time Lord Victorious

I've seen their previous marathons. They are quite impressive. This marathon got more donations in its first day than Zeldathon got in its entirety.

19. Ludwig

Ludwig Well-Known Member

I don't have cancer, so there is no reason (for me) to donate any money.

Liars shouldn't be SPPF STAFF.

20. Vernikova

Vernikova Champion

You will always have to prevent cancer until they find a cure. Donate you ungrateful bum.

That t-shirt is awesome. I'll order it to give it to a friend and then take it back. Or just buy two to stop being cheap.