• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sick Daze! (195)

zhixun

This proves the importance of Takeshi to the group as both Satoshi and Kasumi can not cook for themselves. I wonder how Musashi has got a special taste since she was the only one who was fine with Kasumi's food while others like Kojiro/ Nyarth/ Sonans thought it tastes bad. I missed the decoy where Rocket Dan used before at the indigo league. Overall this episode was all right but not excellent.

A good episode that shows just how much Ash and Misty depend on Brock day to day. :)

Jesus....just what kind of stomach does jessie have anyways?

An iron one, apparently.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Wow I didn't realise just how much Brock did for the group until he got sick here. It made me feel that Ash and Misty took him for granted. I did like how Ash and Misty had to be responsible for the chores however.

It was fun watching Ash and Misty doing Brock's errands and chores + my favorite part was when Ash was cleaning Brock's Rock Pokemon. :)

Leonhart

Imagineer
Takeshi falling ill with a fever made things interesting, because for the first time in Jouto, Satoshi and Kasumi had to fend for themselves. Satoshi was foolish when he used Waninoko to wash Iwark, and Takeshi's fever-induced dreams made me chuckle. Kasumi messing up the food for her and Satoshi was amusing, too.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Lol at Ash washing Brock's Rock-types using Totodile's water. It was both amusing and illogical...

Seeing Onix dodging the Water Gun was funny at least hee hee. It was his first ever comedic scene I think. I also liked when Misty tasted her own terrible food. ^^

ZilverLox

Banned
It's not often that we see a character get sick and I liked seeing Brock's dreams. This episode just shows how important Brock is, the gang would be slobs without him and wouldn't eat nice food either. My favorite part of this episode had to be the part when Jessie actually loved Misty's stew. :)

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Lol, twas good to see Ash and Misty being able to take care of themselves without Brock being there. I think Misty needs to take some cooking classes from either Brock or when she gets back to Cerulean.

Vipsoccermaster

Good filler episode. Ash and Misty wouldn't have gone this far if it wasn't for Brock. They're lucky to have Brock join them after Ash defeated Brock at the Pewter Gym (not really, but still). Odd that Jessie enjoys Misty's yucky-looking stew.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Odd that Jessie enjoys Misty's yucky-looking stew.

I found Musashi's appreciation of Kasumi's disgusting food to be bizarre at first, at least until I remembered that Musashi supposedly had a bad childhood. So I'm assuming that she had to eat some pretty gross foods as a kid, which might've given her an abnormal appetite.

Vipsoccermaster

I found Musashi's appreciation of Kasumi's disgusting food to be bizarre at first, at least until I remembered that Musashi supposedly had a bad childhood. So I'm assuming that she had to eat some pretty gross foods as a kid, which might've given her an abnormal appetite.
Now that I think on it further, in the episode "Snow Way Out!," Jessie did have a flashback where she happily had snow food. I can't imagine that being tasty either.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Takeshi's illness caught me off guard now that I think of it since he seemed generally healthy prior to this episode, so I wondered how he fell ill in the first place.

Daizy

I call you honey
Man Ash was dumb as a brick in this episode. I shouted at my computer when Ash tried to polish Onix using Water Gun. He and Misty did better halfway through the episode after Ash beats Team Rocket though.

Episodes where a character gets sick always make me happy because the show hardly focuses on illnesses that affect the human characters. Brock falling sick was a good thing though since Ash and Misty needed to appreciate all his hard work. The cooking scene where Misty made awful food and Jessie ended up liking it was really funny since Jessie has really weird tastes in food.

Jnmisty

After rewatching this episode, I realized how much I like this episode a lot more that A Better Pill to Swallow episode. Plus it was funny to see Jessie actually liking Misty’s cooking but didn’t know that it is her cooking while James, Meowth, and Wobuffet hated it with a passion. Plus I like how Ash and Misty realize how much they depend on him. I am curious about what Ash was doing all wrong in the episode. My only wish that they do an episode where Ash gots sick with sheer exhaustion from over exerting himself from the constant Team Rocket battles.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Jnmisty said:
Plus it was funny to see Jessie actually liking Misty’s cooking but didn’t know that it is her cooking while James, Meowth, and Wobuffet hated it with a passion.

That Musashi scene still makes me chuckle even to this day since it showed a side of her that we rarely see. One thing that did bother me was how Kasumi was suddenly such a bad cook. I don't know if it was only done to add humor to the episode, but I always thought that she was more competent at cooking than Satoshi was.