• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sick of Hax? Me too!

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
Ugh. I might just go back to a Choice Scarf team with one consistent back up sweeper. Or wait until Truant Durant, the king troll, is released.

Mutsumi

That Volcarona Gal
Mutsumi, when do you intend to stop listing problems with the team and provide some actual solutions? Every three-member team will have some Pokémon that could demolish it because it has three members. What don't you understand about that? Stop stating the obvious things that kill the team and start suggesting, please.
Highlighting a vulnerability to a single Pokémon can help in improving a team, because you can think of how you might overcome it. Also in this instance, both Pokémon I meantioned are good sweepers with a good speed stat, certainly faster than the entire team. Such is the problem I feel Volcarona and Archeops would present this team, that I feel they are worth highlighting, regardless of what item they may hold.

He was using it as an example to highlight how irrelevant your Choice Specs Volcarona is, as neither Pokémon appears in the Subway. He was not trolling.

I do not know what Pokémon every single subway trainer uses, so is there is not a single Volcarona on the entire subway, regardless of what it may be holding, then I apologise.

It is still completely irrelevant to the Battle Subway. You are pointing out a non-existent threat, which is like saying "Oh, your OU team is Rayquaza weak." There is no Choice Specs Volcarona. Pointing out a certain threat works on some teams, not this one. How can I get this into your head?

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
Highlighting a vulnerability to a single Pokémon can help in improving a team, because you can think of how you might overcome it. Also in this instance, both Pokémon I meantioned are good sweepers with a good speed stat, certainly faster than the entire team. Such is the problem I feel Volcarona and Archeops would present this team, that I feel they are worth highlighting, regardless of what item they may hold.

Explain to me how saying "This team is Volcarona weak" is any better than saying "Your Cloyster's moveset is bad". Both of these are highlighting a problem but offering no solution whatsoever, and therefore both are unhelpful posts.

I do not know what Pokémon every single subway trainer uses, so is there is not a single Volcarona on the entire subway, regardless of what it may be holding, then I apologise.

There are some Volcarona in the Subway, yes, but you were talking about your one specifically. And randomn00b doesn't have to deal with your one specifically, so there was no point. If you're interested,

374 | Volcarona | Modest | Power Herb | Fire Spin | Heat Wave | SolarBeam | Whirlwind | HP/Spd
549 | Volcarona | Timid | Lum Berry | Bug Buzz | Flamethrower | Protect | Calm Mind | Spd/SpA
724 | Volcarona | Bold | White Herb | Overheat | Butterfly Dance | Bug Buzz | Protect | HP/Def
899 | Volcarona | Bold | Leftovers | Hurricane | Butterfly Dance | Bug Buzz | Heat Wave | HP/Def

I'll point out that, after Stealth Rock damage, none of these can threaten this team.

Mutsumi

That Volcarona Gal
There are some Volcarona in the Subway, yes, but you were talking about your one specifically. And randomn00b doesn't have to deal with your one specifically, so there was no point.

I highlighted my own as an example of one that could OHKO each member of his team, but in a subsequent post, having been informed of the fact no such Volcarona would exist on the Battle Subway line his team was made for, referred to the fact that even a normal Volcarona would pose a serious threat to his team, albeit less so than my own Volcarona would.

No idea, but even a normal Volcarona would put some serious hurt on every member of that team.

See? It would be wise to read what I say thoroughly before you try to take me on in future.

FURTHERMORE, at no point in the opening post of this thread was it stated that this team was for either of the vs computer single lines. While the thread title may have initially implied a problem versus a Haxorus by use of a capital 'H' in "Sick of Hax? Me too!", the actual opening post made it clear this was not so. So, in spite of the incorrect use of capitalisation in the thread title, I could see he meant to refer to hacking, the other thing that 'hax' could refer to on a Pokémon forum. Now, the very thought of the game itself hacking is preposterous, but another player could quite realistically cheat, thus leading me to conclude that this team was for use on the Wifi battle line, which while I have not yet battled on there myself, I have read that you battle against other players there. Players that could choose to bring a Choice Specs Volcarona if they wished.

Therefore, you can see that based on the information given by the starter of this thread, I was more than justified in pointing out the weakness to Choice Specs Volcarona. In addition, as my motive in doing so was clearly to provide assistance and information that might aid the creator of this thread, you should refrain from being critical of me, and perhaps give it a little more thought when you wish to correct someone who may have innocently reacted a conclusion that was incorrect prior to posting.

Last edited:

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
It's assumed that if I'm posting three members in an ingame rate team that I'm obviously going to play against Super Singles.

Also, Choice Specs Volcarona is a joke. The only things that should use Choice items are
1) Things that lack any stat up move at all
2) Things that do not have the bulk to set up
3) Things that cannot afford to skip out on any coverage, as their STABS are awful
4) Things that literally have nothing better to do.

This is the reason why you rarely see Choice Band Salamence or Gyarados; both of them can either set up Dragon Dances or pHaze out and be bulky. Volcarona was given one of the best moves in the entire game. If you're not going to use it, use a different Pokemon.

Mutsumi

That Volcarona Gal
As a new poster to these forums, I am in no position to be making assumptions, only logical conclusions from what information is present.

Choice Specs Volcarona works on my triple battle team, but your point about it being able to set itself up to sweep is very true, and something I will certainly bear in mind when using it for singles battles. :)

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
On-topic of the team, randomn00b, after looking over those Volcarona sets an untimely Solarbeam to the face from 374 could cause hell. Consider the Focus Sash > Life Orb on Cloyster.

As a new poster to these forums, I am in no position to be making assumptions, only logical conclusions from what information is present.

Solution: lurk. Like every half-decent rater here once did. From how badly you misinterpreted this thread's title, and from the fact that you don't know what Hax is, it's evident that you need to lurk. And I very, very rarely tell people to lurk but failure to identify a three-Pokémon team as a Subway team is pretty poor in all honesty.

See? It would be wise to read what I say thoroughly before you try to take me on in future.

I did read what you said but it's wrong imo. As I said, and it would also be wise for you to read what I say before constructing an argument, none of the Subway Volcarona pose a real threat, other than the Power Herb / Solarbeam one. Which I just suggested a fix for.

In spite of all of this I agree that yes, randomn00b did fail to make clear that this was a Subway team and so it could have been a little misleading for new posters but once again, see point: lurk before posting.

Also if you really thought that this was for a wi-fi battle then why post in this thread? If you were correct in that sense then this thread should be in CRMT, not IGRMT, and therefore by replying to it you were technically replying to a rule-breaking thread. Didn't know that you can't post teams in here intended for battle against other people? Again, lurk.

Once again, however, I am led back to this;

Explain to me how saying "This team is Volcarona weak" is any better than saying "Your Cloyster's moveset is bad". Both of these are highlighting a problem but offering no solution whatsoever, and therefore both are unhelpful posts.

You have still not provided a response to this. Why was it helpful to highlight a weakness (which is hardly a weakness at all) which you do not intend to suggest a fix for?

edit: gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

El Panda

No Present For You!
As pointed out before Iron Fist>Guts on Conkel, Guts is useless if your just gonna safeguard it. I agree with Focus Sash>Life Orb on Cloyster, one of the best items to set up with IMO in the BS without the worry of entry hazards messing it up. And to the person who mentioned Archeops as a threat: It cant take even an unbolted Mach Punch from Conkell, and even if it can, it will surely be below 50% HP. And at that point it becomes awsome Set Up Fodder. In conclusion, his team would actually LOVE to see am Archeops.

On a side note: Lurking is your friend. Learn the ropes by watching others do it right. That's the way every good rater here started. Except me of course, because I was just born with the ability to rate, but that's besides the point.

Mutsumi

That Volcarona Gal
Also if you really thought that this was for a wi-fi battle then why post in this thread? If you were correct in that sense then this thread should be in CRMT, not IGRMT, and therefore by replying to it you were technically replying to a rule-breaking thread. Didn't know that you can't post teams in here intended for battle against other people? Again, lurk.

Someone ought to tell the moderator that moved my own thread to this section, where I posted my own triple battle team I'm using for a mini tournament I'm running on an anime forum I'm posting on.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=506696

There is my thread. I was under the impression that you could also post teams for use against other players here based on the fact my own one was moved here.

So, either "TheBlueRabbit" is wrong, or the mod who moved my thread, "Blue Harvest", is wrong for moving my thread. I don't mean to be rude, but you can't both be correct here.

Also, about Archeops...
Archeops is faster, and through levelling can learn moves which are super effective against each member of the team, two of which would be STAB boosted. Mach Punch would only be normal effective on Archeops too, but I agree that it is a good move to counter it, as is that priority ice move too.

Final

I Submit to No One
It's assumed that if I'm posting three members in an ingame rate team that I'm obviously going to play against Super Singles.

Also, Choice Specs Volcarona is a joke. The only things that should use Choice items are
1) Things that lack any stat up move at all
2) Things that do not have the bulk to set up
3) Things that cannot afford to skip out on any coverage, as their STABS are awful
4) Things that literally have nothing better to do.

This is the reason why you rarely see Choice Band Salamence or Gyarados; both of them can either set up Dragon Dances or pHaze out and be bulky. Volcarona was given one of the best moves in the entire game. If you're not going to use it, use a different Pokemon.

Not entirely true. Both Choice Band Salamence and Choice Band Gyarados can be a nasty surprise for anyone expecting to switch in on the usual Dragon Dance versions as they Dragon Dance to score a revenge kill with their Choice Scarf user. They don't play the same as their Dragon Dance counterparts. While the Dragon Dance versions are focused on sweeping, the Choice Band versions are more like lures (although Mixed Salamence usually plays this role better than CBMence because it can hit opponents on their lower Defensive stat and isn't restricted to a single move) for players that expect the usual Dragon Dance versions not that they can't sweep weakened teams with a Choice Band anyway. Choice Band Scizor and Swords Dance Scizor also play differently. Choice Band Scizor is more of a utility Pokemon (revenge killer, pseudo-trapper, etc) than a Sweeper while Swords Dance Scizor is a sweeper although it can revenge kill in a pinch if needed since it packs enough power to do so. You just have to use the Pokemon so it isn't outclassed at what it is doing. In-game though, setting up is generally better than foregoing setting up in favor of being able to hit hard right off the bat since you can't really play the predicition game with the AI as prediction is really needed to be able to utilize Choice items effectively.

Someone ought to tell the moderator that moved my own thread to this section, where I posted my own triple battle team I'm using for a mini tournament I'm running on an anime forum I'm posting on.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=506696

There is my thread. I was under the impression that you could also post teams for use against other players here based on the fact my own one was moved here.

So, either "TheBlueRabbit" is wrong, or the mod who moved my thread, "Blue Harvest", is wrong for moving my thread. I don't mean to be rude, but you can't both be correct here.

Also, about Archeops...
Archeops is faster, and through levelling can learn moves which are super effective against each member of the team, two of which would be STAB boosted. Mach Punch would only be normal effective on Archeops too, but I agree that it is a good move to counter it, as is that priority ice move too.

OK Let's see... Stealth Rock gets it 25% health. Maybe Mesprit faints. Then Conkeldurr uses Mach Punch and it probably will KO. Easy as that, even though it is only 1x effective, Conkeldurr has huge attack, Iron Fist boost, STAB boost, and Archeops has horrible defense. And you can't guarantee that any Archeops HAS Rock Slide/Stone Edge, Acrobatics, as well as Crunch/U-Turn.

TheBlueRabbit is right and Blue Harvest is right. It is for a small tournament, not mainstream Wi-fi or Pokemon Online. Also it is triple battle. The only type allowed in CRMT iirc are Singles, and Doubles for VGC. So TheBlueRabbit is right for saying that it isn't right to assume this is for Wi-fi and Blue Harvest is right for moving your thread.

Considering you didn't understand that Mach Punch will almost definitely KO with Stealth Rock and that Triples/Small Tournament doesn't belong in IGTR, I agree with TheBlueRabbit and El Panda.

Last edited:

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
Not entirely true. Both Choice Band Salamence and Choice Band Gyarados can be a nasty surprise for anyone expecting to switch in on the usual Dragon Dance versions as they Dragon Dance to score a revenge kill with their Choice Scarf user. They don't play the same as their Dragon Dance counterparts. While the Dragon Dance versions are focused on sweeping, the Choice Band versions are more like lures (although Mixed Salamence usually plays this role better than CBMence because it can hit opponents on their lower Defensive stat and isn't restricted to a single move) for players that expect the usual Dragon Dance versions not that they can't sweep weakened teams with a Choice Band anyway. Choice Band Scizor and Swords Dance Scizor also play differently. Choice Band Scizor is more of a utility Pokemon (revenge killer, pseudo-trapper, etc) than a Sweeper while Swords Dance Scizor is a sweeper although it can revenge kill in a pinch if needed since it packs enough power to do so. You just have to use the Pokemon so it isn't outclassed at what it is doing. In-game though, setting up is generally better than foregoing setting up in favor of being able to hit hard right off the bat since you can't really play the predicition game with the AI as prediction is really needed to be able to utilize Choice items effectively.

You raise some interesting points, but the surprise factor is irrelevant ingame. Choice Band Scizor is good, but you don't need any pseudo-trappers ingame as the computer rarely switches.

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
Also, about Archeops...
Holy Fuckerony. Just stop. Please.
As El Panda says, in THE POST RIGHT ABOVE speed is irrelevant, and even an unbolstered Mach Punch (priority) can render Archeops completely useless because of Defeatist.

Mutsumi

That Volcarona Gal
Holy Fuckerony. Just stop. Please.
As El Panda says, in THE POST RIGHT ABOVE speed is irrelevant, and even an unbolstered Mach Punch (priority) can render Archeops completely useless because of Defeatist.

Your haste, not to mention your manner of typing, betray your immaturity. If you read my post before quoting it, you would see that I had already acknowledged the fact that both Mach Punch and Ice Shard would effectively counter Archeops.

Then why do you keep on arguing Archeops's usefulness against this team and establish it as a threat even though you admit three whole moves (Stealth Rock, Mach Punch, and Ice Shard) on this team render it useless?

And just because you use Bold to signify the importance of a/some word(s) doesn't mean you are immature, it means you know when to use the Bold.

Just listen, stop being stubborn, and accept that the "facts" you brought up are irrelevant and we can end this. I'm tired of arguing against you and I'm sure others won't blame me. Have a nice day!

Mutsumi

That Volcarona Gal
Then why do you keep on arguing Archeops's usefulness against this team and establish it as a threat even though you admit three whole moves (Stealth Rock, Mach Punch, and Ice Shard) on this team render it useless?

And just because you use Bold to signify the importance of a/some word(s) doesn't mean you are immature, it means you know when to use the Bold.

Just listen, stop being stubborn, and accept that the "facts" you brought up are irrelevant and we can end this. I'm tired of arguing against you and I'm sure others won't blame me. Have a nice day!

I have not argued the for use of Archeops since conceding it's vulnerability to certain moves.

Also, I apologise for suggesting you were immature, peacemaker987. I did not read your name when you posted here, as if I had done I would have known you were the same person who sent me a polite PM earlier. However, you still did not properly read my post, where I stated that I agreed with the point El Panda made.

Please, everybody, just read my posts properly before trying to criticise me. You'll see that I've already backed down as far as Volcarona and Archeops are concerned.

Mutsumi

That Volcarona Gal
Then what are you proposing now, if not Volcarona and Archeops?

I'm not proposing anything. What I have said before still stands, but I have nothing new to add. All the pros and cons of Volcarona and Archeops versus this team have been discussed, and I am sure we would all be in agreement that the subject has been exhausted and should be dropped.