• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sick of Team Rocket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Just wondering what people's thoughts are on Team Rocket in the anime seasons and more specifically Jesse, James and Meowth.

I personally find them incredibly annoying and I am sick of them. For me their over exposure really spoils the show and makes watching the anime sometimes very tedious.

Don't get me wrong. I love Team Rocket and they are a valuable contrubution to the show and have provided some of the best moments of the anime. However. It isn't neccassary that they are in every single episode providing the same played out failed plots.

I understand they are there to be annoying but in some episodes Ash's adventure and story is already difficult enough without having to include team rocket.

Even half way through the very first season they became incredibly tedious.

Just interested on other people's thoughts?

Minios

Smoke weed everyday
Seriously, I'm sick of team Rocket no matter how ppl defend them. Sure, I USED TO like them back in OG where they are actually funny and original. But since AG, they are just some laid back criminal who just there to solve the antagonist and plot problem! Of course there are some focus episodes for them here and there, and I like it. I love every TR focus episode! But the number is really small :(. Now their routine appearances are like this:with their terrible disguise, somehow managed to catch Pikachu and locked it in the anti-electricity cage then run away using balloon! Of course they get blast off again after that.-_-

The writers did a good job making them competent in BW but in the end, they ditched the idea and make them goofy again :/. In XY, they are somewhat half-serious and half-goofy, but in the end, they are just there. Why can't the writers actually introduced the antagonist who come from the region's criminal organization? And why can't team Rocket just give up already? They should try to steal Trip's Serperior or something like that to be honest :D

Scottie

Many of us wish Team Rocket to be written out of the show, but sadly it seems our wish will never come true. The writers prefer to use those plot devices to create conflict and for comedic relief. It's frustrating, too, because there are multiple ways they could make episodes interesting without relying on TR.

Last edited:

Jangobadass

Surprise!
Ain't no point. They're as much as fixture to this show as Ash & Pikachu.

As long as the creative team needs antagony and/or comic relief at moment's notice, they'll be there. And there's NOTHING anyone can do about it.

We just have to :D and bear it!

(That said, I really like them this saga)

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I have absolutely no problem with them. If you start to think about it, without Team Rocket, a large amount of episodes would be left with no climax. Team Rocket is a plot device used to make sure there is always an opposing force, so new bad guys don't have to be made every week. Not only that but they are the funniest part about the show. My only problem with them is that they had so much character and personality in Sinnoh, but then Unova took that all away. Now as of Kalos they some awkward mix of what they where in Unova and pre-Unova, being both serious and characterless while also showing some personality and goofiness at the same time. It may sound like a compromise, but it absolutely ruins Team Rocket. Honestly, if people stopped looking at them as bad guys who failed at being bad, and started looking at them as main characters, I don't think there would be as many complaints about them as there are now.

Cloud5001

I have absolutely no problem with them. If you start to think about it, without Team Rocket, a large amount of episodes would be left with no climax. Team Rocket is a plot device used to make sure there is always an opposing force, so new bad guys don't have to be made every week. Not only that but they are the funniest part about the show. My only problem with them is that they had so much character and personality in Sinnoh, but then Unova took that all away. Now as of Kalos they some awkward mix of what they where in Unova and pre-Unova, being both serious and characterless while also showing some personality and goofiness at the same time. It may sound like a compromise, but it absolutely ruins Team Rocket. Honestly, if people stopped looking at them as bad guys who failed at being bad, and started looking at them as main characters, I don't think there would be as many complaints about them as there are now.

Hm while this is a good point for sure I feel like they should be let go after XY. They can just as easily think of a new recurring villian for the show, honestly a new villian could become a more credible threat and actually give us darker stories if done right. I'd personally want James to be redeemed because I don't see a real legit reason why he's in Team rocket he's been shown to care for his pokemon alot something Team rocket definitely does'nt do.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
They can just as easily think of a new recurring villian for the show

They could, but they won't. The Japanese audience loves TR, so the writers are more tempted to keep them than replace them.

Shiny pokemon lower

I'm a bit tired of Team Rocket and many other fans too. They have been stale. That's probably the reason why they don't show up every episode anymore. Only when the writers needs villians. That solution works well with me.

Vernikova

Champion
Subbed or dubbed, Team Rocket is one of the three worst things on the show. The only thing their good for is the occasional Team Rocket-centered episode since I find those to be better than the average episode most of the time.

Like all of the other problems on this show, I've learned to block them out.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Yes, I'm tired of TR. That would be cool if they would get replaced.

Treacle

Team Rocket are as iconic to the series as Ash and Pikachu are. I really cannot see them being dumped now after close to 20 years.

kmyeakel

To be honest, medium. I don't get tired of meowth because he's top cat (even if he wants to capture pikachu.) Replacing them as the longest antagonist of the show is will be crazy.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Team Rocket should have left at the end of Johto saga. I don't see their purpose in the anime any more. We have other evil teams that we could have such as Team Plasma, Flare, Galactic, Magma and Aqua. We only need Team Rocket for Kanto saga, Orange Islands saga and Johto saga.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Team Rocket is staying in the anime for forever sadly. They're just too popular in the Japanese fanbase for them to be written off.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
To be honest, medium. I don't get tired of meowth because he's top cat (even if he wants to capture pikachu.) Replacing them as the longest antagonist of the show is will be crazy.

Meowth's the worst offender out of the three imo. He's the brains behind their group, and I feel that ultimately he works on setting up most of TR's schemes, especially via the mechas. It's like he's the instigator.

Get in line... They'll be gone the same time Ash is gone, though, so good luck with that.

I'd just like to say that it's ironic that the three are decent characters by themselves.

Pikachu979

Sinnoh Champion
i liked team rocket in OS,AG,and DP. i was indifferent to team rocket in BW, but in after the N arc the were terrible even in XY they are worst than ever. They are trying to mix the seriousness of BW with the comedy of DP and it mixes horribly

Status
Not open for further replies.