• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sick of Team Rocket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YgTrece

Team Rocket is definitely a staple to the Pokemon franchise but yes i totally agree i think they have run their course.
Reading this thread has me humming the Pokemon jukebox "Team Rocket's Rockin' " jingle to myself lol

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
But what are you talking with nonsense about the recent tweets of Masafumi Mima? The tweet with the bouquet is an encouragement for Mima because he has many plans for the trio: he want to revive again the radio program, the live, make a new ending song of pokemon XY sung by the trio and a special anime aired in late night in which they will be the main characters but it needs the support of the fans because these projects are complicated, it needs to raise money, to have the copyright, the agreement of production and find sponsors. Everything is explained in his recent tweets.

So he wants to shove TR into the spotlight even more? Geez. I'm not here for the TR trio singing an Ending theme tbh, but they can have their radio show back since it doesn't affect the anime afaik.

Haunter ゴースト

I'm not sick of Team Rocket at all they're great characters, but i would like them to have better storylines other than attack the gang: get sent flying away.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I'm not sick of Team Rocket at all they're great characters, but i would like them to have better storylines other than attack the gang: get sent flying away.

Agreed.

I did like the change of pace that BW TRio offered, though my favorite deviation from the norm is Jessie partaking in a real pokemon career. I wouldn't mind seeing James also getting one of these kind of arcs and then see Jessie do various "flashy" things to cheer him on.

And after that is all set and done, they realize that a real life with some pokemon career is the right way to live and they'll, as an official couple, continue worthy pursuits!

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Although I am tired of seeing Team Rocket, there is no doubt they are here to stay and people have to deal with having Team Rocket around.

NightShadow

Honestly, I'm kinda happy they don't. Because the times they DO get storyline episodes, you KNOW the feels will come out. Meowth's backstory, Jessie's backstory, them releasing Arbok and Weezing, that episode where the town worshipped Meowth and tried to get him to use Payday, that one episode where they quit working as a team, when Jessie released Dustox, among others. Team Rocket usually don't get storyline episodes so when they do it's always extra special and almost always proves how genuine they really are.

Acdog

Honestly, I'm kinda happy they don't. Because the times they DO get storyline episodes, you KNOW the feels will come out. Meowth's backstory, Jessie's backstory, them releasing Arbok and Weezing, that episode where the town worshipped Meowth and tried to get him to use Payday, that one episode where they quit working as a team, when Jessie released Dustox, among others. Team Rocket usually don't get storyline episodes so when they do it's always extra special and almost always proves how genuine they really are.

I agree heavily, but I wish they did get more feelsy storyline episodes. At least, I wish they would've gotten one in BW. Hopefully they'll get one in XY. James leaving behind Cacnea was a sad moment as well.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I agree heavily, but I wish they did get more feelsy storyline episodes. At least, I wish they would've gotten one in BW. Hopefully they'll get one in XY. James leaving behind Cacnea was a sad moment as well.

They already sort of have had them already. The second Malamar episode explored the bond of James and Inkay, while there was another episode that gave Jessie a love interest and also explored her bond with Wobbuffet. Neither of these were quite as good as some of the older ones, but they're definitely signs that Team Rocket is slowly but surely returning to their old selves after the Unova fiasco.

Acdog

They already sort of have had them already. The second Malamar episode explored the bond of James and Inkay, while there was another episode that gave Jessie a love interest and also explored her bond with Wobbuffet. Neither of these were quite as good as some of the older ones, but they're definitely signs that Team Rocket is slowly but surely returning to their old selves after the Unova fiasco.

Agreed. I heavily enjoyed those moments. It's to see them getting back to their old selves. Has anyone else noticed that they still seem more evil than before? (Unova not included). Unlike Unova, they're actually retaining their personalities in Kalos while still seeming more sinister than previous series in my opinion.

On a side note, I miss James' old laugh/giggle. And also, what happened to his bottle-cap collection?!

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Agreed. I heavily enjoyed those moments. It's to see them getting back to their old selves. Has anyone else noticed that they still seem more evil than before? (Unova not included). Unlike Unova, they're actually retaining their personalities in Kalos while still seeming more sinister than previous series in my opinion.

On a side note, I miss James' old laugh/giggle. And also, what happened to his bottle-cap collection?!

I think that after the horror of Unova's Team Rocket, the writers are experimenting with making them like their old selves as much as possible, while also keeping them serious and evil. If you ask me, this doesn't work at all. Being even somewhat serious and evil means that many of things that make them who they are have to be forgotten, such as James' bottle cap collection. In general, they have a lot less character and personality than they used to because of this. Hopefully in seventh gen they'll fix them the rest of the way.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

More evil? They're slightly more cunning in XY imo, but I still can't take them seriously at all. They're destined to fail till the show ends. :x

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
More evil? They're slightly more cunning in XY imo, but I still can't take them seriously at all. They're destined to fail till the show ends. :x

By evil, they meant more serious, and not as goofy. This makes it seem like they have more evil personalities.

Acdog

By evil, they meant more serious, and not as goofy. This makes it seem like they have more evil personalities.

This. I agree with you, it doesn't work that well. It works way better than the Unova TR though, at least. But yeah. I miss the little corks that make them who they are. Every now and then someone will ask Meowth how he learned to talk, and he always gets cut off before he can say. It'd be interesting once to let him shortly summarize as a callback to the whole Meowzie thing. Let James mention his bottlecaps or get attacked by one of his Pokemon on a regular basis. Jessie's personality has changed the least out of the three, I'd say.

The episodes over the years that focused on the TRio being poor/hungry were always good too, like when they've rationed what little food they had. It really showed the bond of the three. We don't see that kind of thing anymore, which is sad.

Last edited:
Hell yeah, I was fed up with TR by the time we got to 'Diamond & Pearl'.

They've been following this kid for years (From our perspective.), trying to steal this one Pokemon. It's Pathetic and really Boring.

Perfect Zygarde

Yes I completely sick of them and wish they weren't in the show anymore. They're overused and just plain predictable. I don't know why they're still in the show and I don't care why. Team Rocket hasn't been in the games since Gen 2 (remakes not counting) so they shouldn't be in the show anymore. They also just take screen time away from the regional villains and as a result we don't usually see them until near the end of each series. What's more is the fact that it's gotten to point where the writers seem to be shoving them into episode with the reason being so that they're in it and then don't bother to give them any real role (examples: Scary hospitality, a stealthy challenge, and Ash's gym battle against Korrina (don't remember the name)) which is just stupid. Also there have been instances where they ruin what could've been a good episode plot (example: giving chase at the Ryhorn race). If it was up to me then I would just stick a fork in them.

It's beyond me why TR is even popular. They're predictable, like others have said and they just take up screen time as comedy relief when they aren't even funny.

XY is their worst showing so far

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
Honestly, if they're gone. They'll be missed.

I'm not so sure about that. One of the few good things in Best Wishes was the fact that Team Rocket appeared so sporadically. And when they did appear, they were serious and actual threats. When BW2 came and they reverted to their idiotic selves is when things really started going downhill, both for them as well as the rest of Best Wishes. Before Decalore Islands, the saga could have been salvaged. Right now, they're only taking up space and some of the best episodes in XY are when they are absent or are not really doing anything that interferes with the Kalos quartet. If they left, either by quitting Team Rocket or, like this would ever happen, them going full evil and being killed off, I would not miss them. The irony is that if they are written off, I would rather them go full evil and get killed off for real, having them go out memorably, than just blasting off or quitting TR without much buildup.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
To be honest, I stopped watching BW 10-15 episodes into the series, because that was just freaking awful. So I wouldn't know that.
I can see them quitting and settling down elsewhere, that works.
Them getting killed wouldn't be PG.

Status
Not open for further replies.