• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sick of Team Rocket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm not so sure about that. One of the few good things in Best Wishes was the fact that Team Rocket appeared so sporadically. And when they did appear, they were serious and actual threats. When BW2 came and they reverted to their idiotic selves is when things really started going downhill, both for them as well as the rest of Best Wishes. Before Decalore Islands, the saga could have been salvaged. Right now, they're only taking up space and some of the best episodes in XY are when they are absent or are not really doing anything that interferes with the Kalos quartet. If they left, either by quitting Team Rocket or, like this would ever happen, them going full evil and being killed off, I would not miss them. The irony is that if they are written off, I would rather them go full evil and get killed off for real, having them go out memorably, than just blasting off or quitting TR without much buildup.

They have tons of fans in Japan though, so those people would miss them. I certainly wouldn't bat an eye, but I would feel bad for people who like them at least.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
It's beyond me why TR is even popular. They're predictable, like others have said and they just take up screen time as comedy relief when they aren't even funny.

XY is their worst showing so far

I think they are funny. Maybe not heavily laughing level funny, but they they give me a few chuckles and a smile an episode (not so much anymore, but Sinnoh and earlier they definitely did). the fact they're so predictable is part of the reason I like them.

X and Y definitely isn't treating them well though. However, anything is better than Unova's Team Rocket.

I'm not so sure about that. One of the few good things in Best Wishes was the fact that Team Rocket appeared so sporadically. And when they did appear, they were serious and actual threats. When BW2 came and they reverted to their idiotic selves is when things really started going downhill, both for them as well as the rest of Best Wishes. Before Decalore Islands, the saga could have been salvaged. Right now, they're only taking up space and some of the best episodes in XY are when they are absent or are not really doing anything that interferes with the Kalos quartet. If they left, either by quitting Team Rocket or, like this would ever happen, them going full evil and being killed off, I would not miss them. The irony is that if they are written off, I would rather them go full evil and get killed off for real, having them go out memorably, than just blasting off or quitting TR without much buildup.

You may not miss them, but they will be missed. As I said before, I would miss them, and I think the were awful during Black and White. If the worldwide consensus was that Team Rocket was at their best in Unova, then they probably wouldn't have been changed back.

Born Better

God of Lightning
Probably already posted here, but yes, I am sick of them. I got sick of them way back in Gen 3. They became better in Gen 5 when they finally became competent and stopped taking up valuable screentime, but now they're back to incompetent and now I just end up fast forwarding through anything involving them. I wish they'd just be written off, but that'll never happen.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I always thought Team Rocket would leave after Johto because of the games but the anime is different. Their time in anime is getting pretty old and they not as funny as they use to.

Mera

I just wish they would get actual character development. On occassion they almost do, but maybe have them overcoe the toxic relationship and stop hunting Ash, realizing pikachu is just a pikachu, maybe they take over team rocket and really cause trouble, let them actually accomplish something even if off screen and then come back in a movie or special leading team rocket with the craziest take over the wold plan only that trio could come up with or something. The way theyre being portrayed now is just plain boring.

Sprinter1988

The TRio have long outstayed their welcome and it is time for them to go. The last time they mattered in any way was when Jessie was a contest rival for Dawn and even then she was never a threat. Time for the to pull a Brock and do one!

I don't mind Team Rocket as much as I use too. Yeah they are annoying, but I've gotten use to it. I will never be sick of the because, I don't know, noistalgia? In all honesty, if they actually just disappeared from the anime, I would feel some sort of void. What can I say, I like characters that I can count on being there and which are predictable.
I've watched the anime this far with them on it, no reason to stop now.

keepitsimple

site of lies
I would say I'm sick of their characters being used for the same thing every episode. I'm not sick of them completely, because if the writers made them less predictable and boring there would be no problem.

raichu27

I still don't mind seeing them on the show, they could be boring sometimes in the later series. I still miss their old voices, as well as Ash's, Brock's, and the others. It kinda reminds me of the earlier episodes, when Team Rocket used their motto in the XY series. Still been liking the XY series.

Zoneman29

I wish Team Rocket just give up because they been trying get Pikachu since day one & still has not what point? it so annoying!

RDSP

There was once a time when Team Rocket was threatening. Sometime during DP, they really lost use to the show. The most recent episode that I watched (the one where Ash's Fletchinder evolved into Talonflame) had no use for them. Their multiple mottos don't match up to their original motto and what's the point to just stick in the background when you can be building something to make an attempt to do your job? I don't wish to see Team Rocket disappear but it would be nice if they could be reworked to be less useless.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
There was once a time when Team Rocket was threatening. Sometime during DP, they really lost use to the show. The most recent episode that I watched (the one where Ash's Fletchinder evolved into Talonflame) had no use for them. Their multiple mottos don't match up to their original motto and what's the point to just stick in the background when you can be building something to make an attempt to do your job? I don't wish to see Team Rocket disappear but it would be nice if they could be reworked to be less useless.

Team Rocket's point has never (bar Unova, the exception to everything) been to be threatening. They are meant to be antagonistic yes, but not necessarily a threat. My theory on why people don't like Team Rocket is that they expect them to be serious villains, and when they see that they aren't, people get annoyed with them. I think people need to stop thinking of them as actual villains, but as main characters and comic relief. If you really start to look at them closely, you find they are some of the most complex characters in the show and have the greatest amount of background. If they were truly meant to be the villains everyone seems to think they should be, then the entire series would have them acting like they did in Unova. If people would just realize that and stop looking at Team Rocket as failure villains and start looking at them as just another set of main characters, I think they wouldn't get so much hate.

Charley

When I was little I loved team rocket. I would come home and hope my mom recorded the first season of pokemon with team rocket on a video tape.

Having them in every single episode now seems ridiculous and unneeded though.

What's the point of it if it isn't exciting anymore.

Yes I think they should go but I highly doubt that they will, besides what will the TR fans do without ;202;;202;

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I have to admit that I haven't liked Team rocket as much ever since Johto cuz their plans started getting repetitive back then however I enjoy Meowth when he's away from Jessie & James. ^^;

Skylander Sylveon

Top Coordinator
Aw c'mon team rocket's classic! they never get old!
BADUMPTH

but c'mon, they're the classic villains and i don't think they need to be replaced because their role is tiny and i reckon they should just add another villain team like Team Rocket but more professional and snazzy, and they are assigned to kidnap Pikachu too. I'm all for team rocket and if they go... I don't go but in principal i'll rebel.

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
I quite enjoy Team Rocket still. They are funny, but sometimes tedious yes. In one of the first episodes Jessie and James see a giant Pokémon (which shadow appears to be a Dragonite) and Jessie says "wow that thing's huge!" James replies with "so size does matter." It was hysterical for me to watch. As a child I would have never caught on. I wish they would get a little closer to catching a valuable Pokémon or become a little edgier. I also don't know why after all this time. Why doesn't Ash and the gang just walk away during their motto? They would get away easier. Either way, I like Team Rocket and I find them humorous to watch.

They are honestly pretty funny. I wish they can realize their talents and pursue them rather than just stealing Pokemon. They could be filthy rich. Hell, a manga variation... Electric Tale of Pikachu I think, Jessie and James are about to have their first child after leaving Team Rocket around the Orange Islands. New villains could have arised in Johto and beyond.

Status
Not open for further replies.