• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sick of Team Rocket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
TR deserve to stay despite their overuse of robots that blowup on them. They are vital in making rival criminal teams to break up in one way or another. I just wish they kept the seriousness they had in Unova. It made them more viable as villains and proved they COULD be threats.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
They are honestly pretty funny. I wish they can realize their talents and pursue them rather than just stealing Pokemon. They could be filthy rich. Hell, a manga variation... Electric Tale of Pikachu I think, Jessie and James are about to have their first child after leaving Team Rocket around the Orange Islands. New villains could have arised in Johto and beyond.

They are very talented at some stuff so I also wish they would give up their life of crime and be good people but I think it's too late for that. They're too obsessed with Pikachu. ^^

Mega Typhlosion

I'm very tired of Team Rocket to be honest... I always skip the Team Rocket parts of the episodes. It's not even fun anymore, that "Catching Pikachu" thing. I wish they had kept the plot they had in early Unova. That was a nice change. The episodes all follow the same plot, the big battle is always Ash vs. Team Rocket. It's like that in EVERY episode, it's getting so annoying.

They are not even comic relief anymore because after 600 times, having them blowing up a robot and flying off is no longer comic. It's always the SAME!

Last edited:

roguedr4g0nite

WishiWashi Trainer
There was competent Team Rocket in the Unova region. They really made for some climatic battles such as summoning the weather trio and then their Therian Formes. We even hear Giovanni admit he wants Pikachu during this season. Everyone complained that they were horrible during that season and now they just appear for dumb plans to please Giovanni again. I kind of liked their Unova style. Not only that, they were able to tranisition from being competent to the incompetent merely by changing uniforms which I thought was genius. I will say this. It would be great for them to be competent at times usually when fighting evil organizations from each region or carrying out one of Giovanni's evil plans, but when they're not they should go back to their old comedy routine and dumb plans.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
There was competent Team Rocket in the Unova region. They really made for some climatic battles such as summoning the weather trio and then their Therian Formes. We even hear Giovanni admit he wants Pikachu during this season. Everyone complained that they were horrible during that season and now they just appear for dumb plans to please Giovanni again. I kind of liked their Unova style. Not only that, they were able to tranisition from being competent to the incompetent merely by changing uniforms which I thought was genius. I will say this. It would be great for them to be competent at times usually when fighting evil organizations from each region or carrying out one of Giovanni's evil plans, but when they're not they should go back to their old comedy routine and dumb plans.

Here's my opinion on that. I don't mind having villains who act like that or fill that roll. If they had used, let's say, Butch and Cassidy instead, I would have really enjoyed all the Team Rocket arcs. My problem was that Jessie, James, and Meowth were not only changed so drastically that they didn't even seem like the same people, but they had any shred of character they had taken away from them. They lost all of their quirks, jokes, and gimmicks that made them who they were. As pre-Unova Team Rocket were my favorite characters in the show, it was painful for me to watch these foreign characters (if you could even call them that) take their place. Even now in Kalos, they still suffer the scars of Unova. They may have returned to being pathetic, but they never got back what really made them great, their personality.

roguedr4g0nite

WishiWashi Trainer
Here's my opinion on that. I don't mind having villains who act like that or fill that roll. If they had used, let's say, Butch and Cassidy instead, I would have really enjoyed all the Team Rocket arcs. My problem was that Jessie, James, and Meowth were not only changed so drastically that they didn't even seem like the same people, but they had any shred of character they had taken away from them. They lost all of their quirks, jokes, and gimmicks that made them who they were. As pre-Unova Team Rocket were my favorite characters in the show, it was painful for me to watch these foreign characters (if you could even call them that) take their place. Even now in Kalos, they still suffer the scars of Unova. They may have returned to being pathetic, but they never got back what really made them great, their personality.
True. I do miss Butch and Cassidy. I'd like to see some new characters though. Heck, if Team Aqua and Magma came back for the ORAS games(though it's a little too late) that would be great as well. One character that really impressed me was the Black Tulip. If we could get characters like her on the show to combat each region's organization that would be awesome.

Pikachu52

In defence of Unova and to a certain extent BW, at least the more serious portrayal of Team Rocket makes it clear what they really are - Villains, bullies and criminals. The portrayal of Team Rocket as being quirky and their subsequently popularity serves to both humanise then and tends to whitewash and remove stigma from the fact that their goal is to commit horrible crimes against Pokémon. There actions are as bad as any other villain in the series, namely people like Hunter J, Dolan, Ghetsis, ect yet the audience is continually positioned to sympathise and even root for them. It's always disturbed me that Team Rocket can nearly commit cold blooded murder and get away with it scot free simply by having quirky and funny personality traits. There are very few other places in literature where people who commit acts of violence against others are loved by their audience and certainly not in literature packaged for children. When I was younger Team Rocket were my favourite characters as well but now that I'm a bit older and since got into Pikashipping I see them for what they are - self serving, cruel and evil people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.