• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Side Quests and Mini Games

FrozTKnight

Will ORA ORA ORA you
Some ideas

Pokémon Racing.

A racing gaming similar to horse races where you could ride a selection of Pokémon in a large track or areas to win rewards you could use in the main game. There could be obstacales also.
There will be land, sea and sky races

Some Pokémon will be usable in the race like Rapidash, Mudsdale, Arcanine etc. for land. Same for other types of races.

If players don't have any usable Pokémon they could rent a Pokémon from an NPC.

Controls would probably work like shifting gears in racing game. A bar will fill up when it reaches the correct amount press a button so you increase speed, the more times you get the bar to fill the faster if fills up next time. If you fail to at the button press you loose speed. Also you control the direction the Pokemon runs.

Als0 the sea race could be based on the City of Altomare from the Pokemon movie.

Pokémon Skeet shooting.

A skeet shooting mini game where Player with the help of their Pokémon will shoot down flying targets.

Requirements would be specific moves that would allow for shooting down targets like water gun, pin middle etc.

The game would be aim and shoot type of gameplay where the target is where the trainer is point towards and then instructs their partner to fire. You use motion controls or the Joy Stick to aim.

Pokémon scavenger hunting.

Items will hidden throughout the playable area for this game, and there will be a time limit to the game you will be scored on the total value of the items you have found and if you win you get to keep the items you found.

You will rent Pokemon or use a Pokemon in your party who is able to participate in the game. It will work similar to Stoutland ride in Pokemon S&M.

Pokemon Bug Catching contest/Safari zone with Pokemon Go gameplay.

^Title

Pokemon Sumo wrestling

Get Big Pokemon that could qualify for the event like in the Black and White anime episode.

You have to have the Pokemon in your team to compete.

Controls could be a button masher where you fill up a bar when the Pokemon butt heads to push the opponent out of the platform.

landipan

I really like the idea of Pokemon racing, along those lines a jumping course would be fun too. I used to play this online game 'horse isle' and in it they had a jumping mini game that was pretty enjoyable along with other horse sport related games that would be pretty fun to have added in the Pokemon universe. You could buy specialty tack for your Pokemon that would boost either speed or jumping stats, lots of fun possibilities to be explored!

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Agreed on Pokemon Racing, I've wanted that to be a thing ever since we've been able to ride Pokemon (why was Rhyhorn Racing not a thing we could do in XY?). Other than that, it doesn't really matter to me what kind of mini game they implement. Just as long as they have some actual depth again.

Now as far as sidequests in general? I'd like to see some actual sidequests. They've sort of trended in this direction with USUM and LGPE, but those tend to be fairly shallow. I'd like to see something more like what they did in Ranger, more involving missions that are more than just sifting through dialog boxes. Plus better rewards than random items. Give me stuff like Mega Stones, Z-Crystals, Pokemon with HAs, etc. and then we'll talk.

DSDark

Breeder
I thinking adding in extra fluff like mini games isn't going to help the series move foward. I think completing quests for NPC's like in most RPG's and BotW would be a better idea. Between towns and in towns, and at certain times of day NPC's could give out quests like:

A group of pokemon are attacking another group of pokemon

A group of pokemon can't reach this one area you should help them

Go find these berries at these location

A rare pokemon has been seen at this location but you have to do certain things to lure it out

A powerful trainer trains in this location at this time of day.

Things of this nature would be good for the series and if the rewards were worth it. The rewards could be trade item, stones, tm's, apricorn balls

FrozTKnight

Will ORA ORA ORA you
I thinking adding in extra fluff like mini games isn't going to help the series move foward. I think completing quests for NPC's like in most RPG's and BotW would be a better idea. Between towns and in towns, and at certain times of day NPC's could give out quests like:

A group of pokemon are attacking another group of pokemon

A group of pokemon can't reach this one area you should help them

Go find these berries at these location

A rare pokemon has been seen at this location but you have to do certain things to lure it out

A powerful trainer trains in this location at this time of day.

Things of this nature would be good for the series and if the rewards were worth it. The rewards could be trade item, stones, tm's, apricorn balls

Minigames are there to make the world feel more real, Pokemon battles can't be only form of entertainment or sports in the right? In the anime there more things Pokemon could do like for example racing. It has been shown many times in the anime. Also it kinda makes your Pokemon feel like real partners since you don't use them only for battling.

As for side quests

You have the right idea

For your first suggestion here is a probable scenario.

The villages are experiencing a lot of rock slides lately due to a Tyranitar starting to live in the mountains. You have 2 options You either chase if out of the area through regualr means or you battle it to chase it away or try to catch it. But the Tyranitar is about 10 levels above the level you probably might be at that location so you will struggle to beat it or catch it in a battle.

Rewards could include compensation from the village folk and if you catch the Tyranitar it will have a special move and have 5 random MAX IVs

Grey Wind

Now as far as sidequests in general? I'd like to see some actual sidequests. They've sort of trended in this direction with USUM and LGPE, but those tend to be fairly shallow. I'd like to see something more like what they did in Ranger, more involving missions that are more than just sifting through dialog boxes. Plus better rewards than random items. Give me stuff like Mega Stones, Z-Crystals, Pokemon with HAs, etc. and then we'll talk.
Agreed, especially about the rewards. USUM's little quests were fun but they were mostly just more involved chats with NPCs. The Ditto Five and the Eevee quest were good examples of what the series should trend toward.

I'm not saying make it like the Bomber's Notebook but... make it like the Bomber's Notebook.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I would like side quests that are very rewarding, like getting free shiny Pokémon, HA Pokémon and rare items like Rare Candies and Max Revives. It will be nice if there is an NPC that will hand out a Master Ball for completing a side quest.

Cerex

Ultra Sun and Moon had a lot more sidequests and it's something I hope this game continues. The one big drawback to the sidequests in these games is that the rewards weren't really that useful, because the game kept most of the important stuff, such as TMs, to be acquired in the more traditional way. However, I think just the idea was pretty well received, so hopefully it is expanded and the rewards more meaningful. Rare berries, TMs, Mega Stones, rare items and the like. Sidequests in JRPGs help you explore the game, especially for ones that have some degree of linearity.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I'd like to see side quests relating to legendary Pokemon. Something that explains the lore and concepts behind them more. I'm rarely a fan of them because they tend to just be high level late game high bst Pokemon at the end of caves.

At least have quests related to opening the caves, perhaps with NPCs that tell you more about them as you progress through the quest to unlocking thier locations.

Ultra Beast Lover

Pokebase might be fun.

As for sidequests, one idea I had goes like this: You come across this mansion and there's a little girl inside, her parents haven't come home yet and she's bored so she asks you to tell her five stories. Each story has to do with the lore of the world and region and each one seems to make the little girl sadder and sadder and after the fourth story the room seems to glitch out a little. After the fifth story you hear the girl say, "Ok, time to go to sleep." You wake up in the backyard of the mansion in front of three tombstones, the house is abandoned and looks burnt. There's a bunch of Pokemon in the mansion now and in the little girl's room the girl is floating over a Pokeball. She says, "Thanks for playing with me. I'm feeling better now. Zorark rewrote my favorite stories after the fire. While you slept I moved five of my papa's books from his safe up to my room. Sorry, I've got to go now. Take care of Zorark for me." And once she leaves and you grab the pokeball you're able to reread the five other books and read five new books.