• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Siempre Estoy Aqui

~Mist~

revolutionary~
S I E M P R E ~ E S T O Y ~ A Q U I
by ~Mist~

SUMMARY
In the far away region, a spark emerges once more for two trainers.

SHIPPING
Pokeshipping, along with a few other shippings.

RATING
PG

AUTHOR’S NOTES
Wow, it’s definitely been a long time since a last fanfiction was written by me. I recall stating to several friends that I would write one up sometime, and so I finally got the time to write this one up. I’m excited since this will be the first romance novel I’ve ever written, with the exception of The Adventures of Yoshi. But, for those of you who have read that story, you’ll see an improvement right away. For those of you who are new to my writing, please enjoy. I’m very happy to have this opportunity to write about my all time favorite anime shipping - Pokeshipping. Oh, and also, this fanfiction will have no reference to the current anime since I’m making the setting at a different region all from my head. Lastly, if you know Spanish, then you can translate the title. Just a little note to you all. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy!

THE PM LIST

SIEMPRE ESTOY AQUI
CHAPTER ONE : PAST ENCOUNTERS​

There was once a grand city where the skies were blue for all time. An enormous bright ball of light shone throughout the city, reflecting its’ warm, hot rays at every angle of the city. Soaring pokemon roamed the skies with such delicate grace, their soft wings flapping against the inviting light summer breeze. People of all ages strolled across the tidy, yet long streets in order to reach their destination. Lastly, there stood a wooden sign at the start of the city. Its’ name was revealed in large, powerful, and bold letters: Cerulean City. However, there were other words written at the corner of this notice that any traveler could see with their very eyes. It was certain that this message was written by a young boy that read: Gary was here; Ash is a loser!

At the outskirts of the city was a path that led to a large, colossal building that stood proudly, the one reason Cerulean City was well known throughout the entire world. The roof was filled with stripes of the cheery hue of yellow and the lovely, romantic pink. The place somehow can be related to a merry-go-round in a comical manner. Also, a seal-like creature named Dewgong was placed on the structure along with a design of white waves. The columns surrounding the location were the colors of blue and white in the form of stripes. Large font letters was at the entrance: Cerulean City Gym.

Here at the gym resided a famous family, four sisters to be exact. They were known as the Sensational Sisters, having great fame for their spectacular aquatic shows and for their beauty. The origin of their parents was unknown to the world. Some would speculate that they were away while others stated they passed away; one would never know. The first three sisters are stunning beauties; the type of women that can make a man fall madly in love in an instant. One had long, breathtaking, wavy blond hair that matched perfectly with her pale skin and green eyes. This young woman always had a light pink daisy in the sunny strands of hair, hence her name Daisy. The next had long, dazzling purple hair that reached her waist; she was Violet. The third was a girl with fabulous, hot pink hair and with a light hue of brown; she was known as Lily.

As for the fourth, most say that she is the most stubborn of the whole family for her rough nature. Many say that she has traveled the world beyond the limit of most Gym Leaders, surprisingly with two other trainers. That short orange-red hair, always tied up by a ponytail which according to all, it was her official trademark. Only during occasions she would release it. That delicate light, flawless vanilla skin, those mysterious green eyes with shades of blue colliding in a most careful manner. One would think she was a goddess but very few knew her true self... That tomboyish personality of hers. That side of her clearly proved that she was different from the rest. Headstrong, determined, violent… that was just the beginning of her. Those who knew her well viewed a side that is not shown to most; her sweet, kind, and romantic side. She was the one; the one whom they called by the name of Misty.

Years ago, the youngest sister had no choice but to allow responsibility for the building that stored her childhood memories, the Cerulean City Gym. Of course, she was not one bit satisfied to hear the stunning news the minute she had arrived to the Pokemon Center in Viridian City. No, not at all…

She ached to leave. So very much. But, what was the reason? Only she knew due to being struck with a blast of realization. There was a specific reason as to why she did not wish to depart.

It was all thanks to a boy with a Pikachu. Yes, that was the very reason why. Ever since the first time she laid eyes on him, something about him had sparked her interest to stay and follow him. Well, it was logical that she demanded for a bike after this boy had turned it to complete ashes. Since he did not have enough money, she made sure to follow this boy for she could not trust him getting away with such a crime. In the end, she would be repaid. It made perfectly sense, right?

She had absolutely no idea what she was getting herself into, that’s for sure.

This boy’s name was Ash Ketchum. Reckless and determined, yes, but he has a heart of gold. At first, the two would constantly have an argument with each other. Every single day. They simply couldn’t stand each other until another companion joined the two, taking the role as the referee. Eventually with time, the two feuding rivals had become the best of friends. They would dispute with one another every now and then, but not as much anymore. Good times, bad times, they had it all. The more they spent with each other, the more she became fond of him. True, he can be a bit of a moron at times, but she realized that he is her dearest friend.

Needless to say, she had an attraction on this boy. Who can blame her? He was so determined, the kind who never gives up no matter what you do to him. He had always showed his love and compassionate side to all pokemon.

Those were the days, the good old times. Now, they were gone. It had perished forever; only a clear memory that could only come alive with the power of thoughts.

Replacing her adventures, she now resided at the gym. Her role was to battle every challenger and for every win, she would give a blue badge that had the shape of a raindrop; the Cascade Badge. She was also expected to watch over the numerous amounts of pokemon, all of the water type. It took time for her to adjust to this new setting, but she had managed. Sure, her sister showed up, resulting to the relationship between her and Daisy growing. On occasion, a friend would appear at the door for a visit. Other than that, she remained alone, training to increase her talent as a Gym Leader.

Misty had kept herself occupied in the kitchen for it was the sunniest room of them all, thanks to the cheerful hue of yellow. The entrance of the room had fancy white Greek columns, allowing elegance to walk in with endless amounts of grace and rest. On the top of the walls, there was a charming carving of golden Goldeen swimming to the right. Frames with pictures of the family along with various pokemon paintings decorated and brought the kitchen to life. A large, round table of the light hues of brown was in the center of the room, also with a set of six comfortable chairs. The sink appeared to be customized for it had resembled the head of a Magikarp. Various kitchen appliances were available such as an oven for preparing large meals or for baking, a tall refrigerator to store food, a modern steel colored stove, and lastly, a dishwasher that was decorated with several water pokemon. An appealing cheeseburger sat on top of an ivory plate, along with a tall glass of orange juice beside it; Misty sat on the chair, ready to consume it with hunger.

At that moment, a high pitched voice echoed, “Misty, I’m home!”

Next to the designed columns stood Daisy, grinning at her younger sister. Shopping bags sat next to her shoes; who knows what items were kept inside. Misty smiled, greeting her sister, then returned to her previous activity. Daisy smirked at the sight in amusement. “Well, you sure are hungry.”

“Sure am.” she submitted, placing the sandwich down. “Where did you go today?”

“Oh, just for a few outfits, that’s all. I bought you stamps just like you asked.” With that, she grabbed her white pocketbook and revealed twelve stamps from it. Daisy walked up to her younger sister, and handed it carefully. Her face was written with the word suspicion all over it. “What are these stamps for?”

Misty shut her eyes in a cool manner, then stated, “Just sending letters, that’s all.”

“Whom are you sending letters to?” questioned Daisy with curiosity, then opened her mouth resulting to a huge grin. “You’re going to send Ash a letter?”

The younger sister nodded, smiling to herself.

“How will it ever get to him? You barely know where he is.”

“I have my ways.” Soon, a new trace of thought entered her mind. “Say, where are Violet and Lily?”

“Violet is busy at the hair salon getting her hair done, while Lily is at a spa in Celadon City.” Daisy told as she sighed. “I wish I had some more time off!”

The eyebrow of Misty’s raised, giving her sister a bland look. “You already have time off, Daisy. I’m the one who should get some time off!” With that, the angry redhead took a ferocious bite out of the cheeseburger, chewing it loudly.

Daisy observed her, knowing that she had angered the youngest sister once again, then commented, “Misty, that’s no way to eat.”

“I don’t care!”

A sweatdrop appeared at the side of Daisy’s head. “Chill out.”

“Hmph.”

“I know what will cheer you up.“ Daisy kneeled down, attempting to locate the outfit inside the shopping bag. After a few seconds of anticipation, she had pulled out a light yellow summer dress. The top consisted of two thin spaghetti straps supporting the rest, while there was a lovely light pattern of yellow and white boxes on the skirt.

Misty widened her eyes with astonishment as her index finger pointed to it. “You bought me that?!”

Her sister’s eyes pouted slightly. “Don’t you like it?”

“Well, yes, but…” she hesitated for a long moment of silence while her sister stared, wishing to know what would she say next. Misty had continued to stare at the pale yellow dress.

“Yeah?”

“It’s nice of you to buy me something,” Misty answered in a serious tone, her face beginning to smile. “Thanks, Daisy.”

In return of her gratitude, the elder sister grinned at the younger sister once more, indicating that the outfit would be the perfect opportunity to wear when Misty’s “boyfriend” were to arrive. The young redhead blushed slightly, then stomped out of the grand kitchen silently muttering to herself that there was no special relationship between them. The blonde had stayed behind and chuckled towards the birds soaring past the majestic window above the delicate sink.

A door slammed open by the strength of the tomboy’s hand as she stumbled upon. The location of the room was high, high above to where the rays of sunshine entered, reflecting its’ light on the objects. The tone of the room was an ocean green blue, slowly calming the soul of the wrathful youth. Misty inhaled the air, then exhaled with relaxation. Her body walked towards her bed, many sheets covered by a comforting quilt and large puffy pillows. There, she rested letting her thoughts flow out of her mind.

Clearly, she had already known what Daisy had meant by the term “boyfriend”, although she could not help but to fume to herself that she had been embarrassed once again. Surely enough, she was not going to open her mouth and freely express it. No, that sort of talk stays within her only. No one shall ever know.

But, there have been cases where others have pointed out the relationship which took her by surprise, every time. The thoughts commenced in her thoughts.

The first of them all was her friend and once traveling companion by the name of Tracey. He was known to be the assistant of the world famous pokemon researcher, Professor Oak. Well, when he finally reached Pallet Town, that is. In addition, he took a liking teasing his two friends regarding their relationship, specifically, the amount of arguments. The young redhead huffed and made a face at the very thought. She knew he was silly to do such a thing but she could understand why Tracey would tease. He hinted that there was something more in their relationship, which could perhaps be true; she did not know.

Then, there was Melody. Oh, how she loathed her at the start, all because she had teased her regarding her feelings. Melody was a girl who knew that she could make her jealous in anyway manner possible, and of course took advantage of every moment. For instance, she was the one who had placed a kiss on the cheek of Ash Ketchum. She admitted that she wasn’t very happy with the result, but after some time Melody had come to realize that the young redhead perhaps does show some kind of emotion. After some time, the two became friends.

Finally, Macey was the last, and yet, the most irritating of them all. The encounter between she and Misty was not in fact a glorious one. There was indeed a fight, or rather, a small one. As the very thought of her rooted into the depths of her thoughts, she cringed slightly. She clearly recalled the words of what Macey stated to Ash on that day: “If I win, you get to take me out on a date!”

How she detested to hear the sound of the words coming from a mouth like that. How dare she.

The thoughts stayed in her head, now wondering to herself how he was now. What is he doing at this moment? Who is he with? Would he ever use her fishing lure? Would he possibly miss her? The questions drove her mind insane.

Immediately, she jumped from her bed, and stood before the dark maroon desk. There was a single old fashioned chair in front of it. On the desk, paper and a white tin box sat. Carefully, she held the tin box, her fingertips unlocking it. The item snapped open, revealing an elegant, ocean blue pen along with a number two lead pencil, and lastly a pink eraser. However, her hand only held the pen, then quietly shut the box and placed it back onto the desk.

Her aquatic-emerald eyes soon spotted a picture frame. She would not blink and simply looked at it for several minutes, creating the vivid memory back into her head. This frame contained a single picture, one that was taken quite a while ago. This was back from the early days of her adventures. To those eyes of hers, she held the treasure and lifted it towards her pale face, only paying attention to one specific person: Ash.

At that moment, she clenched her fists with determination, her eyes filled with burning passion and ambition. Misty grabbed the pen firmly as letters on ink appeared on the paper, now beginning to write her letter.

AUTHOR'S NOTES [2]
Oh, I'm so pleased! The beginning is nice and calm, the manner in which I love to begin a story! I thought it was so sweet of her to write a letter to Ash, and her interactions with Daisy were filled with sibling love. Adorable, yes? I certainly do hope that I have done a good job with the description, although I feel that there wasn't enough dialogue, but I don't think it was necessary for this chapter, don't you think? Anyway, you'll definitely see more interactions soon, that's for sure. But, do tell me all of your thoughts concerning my story! It'll make this writer feel very happy. And lastly, thank you so much for reading! Please leave a review.​

Last edited:

shadow_shipper

...indeed...
this has "instant classic" written all over it ;)

let's see if my suspicions are true :)

It was certain that this message was written by a young that read: Gary was here; Ash is a loser!

what ? :eek: that's still there ?!? :D :p

As for the fourth, most say that she is the most stubborn of the whole family for her rough nature. Many say that she has traveled the world beyond the limit of most Gym Leaders, surprisingly with two other trainers. That short orange-red hair, always tied up by a ponytail which according to all, it was her official trademark. Only during occasions she would release it. That delicate light, flawless vanilla skin, those mysterious green eyes with shades of blue colliding in a most careful manner. One would think she was a goddess but very few knew her true self... That tomboyish personality of hers. That side of her clearly proved that she was different from the rest. Headstrong, determined, violent… that was just the beginning of her. Those who knew her well viewed a side that is not shown to most; her sweet, kind, and romantic side. She was the one; the one whom they called by the name of Misty.

long qute, I know -_- but sublime description of her and the sisters. And I say sublime and not "well forumulated" because you really make them look like the most beautiful women on earth :) with the "godess" reference an all ;)

Eventually with time, the two feuding rivals had become the best of friends.

and more...admit it !! ^_^

“Whom are you sending letters to?” questioned Daisy with curiosity, then opened her mouth resulting to a huge grin. “You’re going to send Ash a letter?”

The younger sister nodded, smiling to herself.

Oh how sweet :) I half-expected a denial attitude :p

In return of her gratitude, the elder sister grinned at the younger sister once more, indicating that the outfit would be the perfect opportunity to wear when Misty’s “boyfriend” were to arrive. The young redhead blushed slightly, then stomped out of the grand kitchen silently muttering to herself that there was no special relationship between them.

oh ! well, there's the denial I was expecting :D

Ash, and her interactions with Daisy were filled with sibling love. Adorable, yes?

yes :]

so far, so good :)

very lovely description, I'll wait to see the plot and everything else, but as I said : so ar, so good ^_^

I you start a PM list, you don't need to put me on it ;) it'll save you some time, plus I pop here very often :D

topgun

PIERRE & BENJI ROCK
I love it ^___^...you're always a great writer and this story is definately going to be great. I love the descriptions ^__^...

~Mist~

revolutionary~
@ shadow shipper: Oh, thanks so much for the review! I'm glad that you enjoyed it. And yes, I'll have to work on a PM list, depending on how many reviewers I recieve. you're definitely on it, though.

@ Berry-chan: Oh, yay! I knew I could count on you for a review! And of course you love my descriptions... I'm probably going to torture people like that. xD But, thanks so much for the review! <3

I'll be happy to post Chapter Two soon. I have this day to work on it. Yay for no school. I'll be sure to make the plot interesting for everyone. It's time for this mind to create.

HelloKitty17

therocketsummer</3
Gary is here; Ash is a loser! = priceless. That made me literally laugh out loud. Nice description of everything, especially of Misty and her sisters. I like how you refer to them frequently as the older sisters, or the young redhead, idk, it just makes it sweeter. Very nice beginning to the story, you didn't rush into anything, very relaxed.
=]
Finally, aw can't wait to see Ash's reaction to the letter. Oh and finally, nice name for the fic, so original.

PM list?

Liberty4Pokemon

Vogue to the Music
You did an amazing job! The descriptions were beautifully written, and the pacing is just right.
I'll admit, I was a bit wary to read this at first, since I've read a lot of bad pokeshipping fics, but in the end I was really glad I got a chance to read it ;~).

Thank you for sharing this with us, and if you make a PM list, I'd be thrilled to be on it! ^0^

~Mist~

revolutionary~
@ HelloKitty17: I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the good old writing that Gary left behind in Cerulean City. I'm glad that you said it wasn't too rushed. That's good. xD Anyways, thank you so much for the review!

@ Liberty4Pokemon: Beautifully written? My, that's a compliment for the first chapter! Thank you! I'm hoping this will be a pleasure for all Pokeshippers to read. but, I'm veyr happy that you don't think mine is bad at all!

Sure, I'm delighted to add you all to the PM List. That is in the works. Thank you all again for reviewing! I highly appreciate that.

Amazing, fantastic detail in this, Kris! I love reading stories with so much detail explaining the beautiful colors around and different sounds, and you know what I mean. xD It just makes me get more into the story that way. And you're awesome at describing everything well.

I loved Misty and Daisy's conversation. And of course, Misty had to get mad, like always. xD But it was really nice of Daisy to get Misty a dress. I'm sure she'll look gorgeous in it.

And yay! Misty is writing a letter. Wonder who its to.. hm...ROFL. Ash, perhaps? ;p

Well, I enjoyed this chapter a lot, and I know this whole story is going to be a joy to read. I can't wait till the next chapter! : D

~Mist~

revolutionary~
Aww, that means a lot, Mandi, thanks!

Yeah, I'll say. Daisy and Misty fit together like a puzzle. xD

Yes, of course. *gives cookie*

Glad you're enjoying it so far! This makes me want to type more in the story! Yay, inspiration.

Chelc

I LOVE THIS FIC. ;_;

Can't believe that message is still on the sign, rofl. I really like all of the Daisy/Misty interaction - we saw some of it in Chronicles, but it's nice to read it in fics as well. Everyone was in character (you did a really great job with Misty's thoughts and everything, especially), and your description was amazing.

How she detested to hear the sound of the words coming from a mouth like that. How dare she.
Just...LMAO.

“How will it ever get to him? You barely know where he is.”

“I have my ways.”
:D Love this part.

The way you described Ash and Misty's relationship was just awesome. I don't think I've seen it described any better than that. I didn't see any mistakes or errors or anything, so yay? I can't wait til Misty wears that outfit around Ash (<3 haha), and what she's going to write about to Ash in her letter. Can't wait for the next chapter!

And I think you should add me to the PM list, too~

~Mist~

revolutionary~
Aww, yays, I'm so delighted to hear that, Chelc! Woo. I know whow to get inside Kasu-chan's head. Yay. <3

I was waiting for someone to notice that part. It was funny to me, too. xD

Aww, thank yous so much! I love all of these reviews. They keep getting better and better. And yesh @ outfit! There's going to be lots of yum. xD

Yays, I'm making it, like now. xD

EDIT
Finally made the PM List.

Last edited:

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
Nice start there, MistyMix. I can see that this could turn out to be another great AAML fic based on the idea. The thing that impressed most that because this fic is based on the anime, the characters would be based on the anime’s and the characters were totally in character, totally dead on. Everything else is nicely done.

One small error though:
It was certain that this message was written by a young that read: Gary was here; Ash is a loser!
Missing the word boy in that sentence.

One more thing, can you PM me when the new chapter comes out? Thanks.

Last edited:

el_toro

Superfly
I could tell you were very inspired when you wrote this story MistyMix! :) The description was incredible and the way you described the characters, their interactions, and the settings around them was very accurate. I would like to see more interaction and plot development in the next chapter, but for an introductory chapter, it was very good since it essentially summed up Pokeshipping and its history according to the anime. I think it's an interesting introduction and I can't wait for the next chapters!

Can I also be on the PM list as well? Thanks! :D

LavenderFairy51

It was certain that this message was written by a young boy that read: Gary was here; Ash is a loser!

It is still there?! That was funny! Anyways, about the fic, I really really like it. Hope you keep up with the good work! Until next time! Bye!

Love,
sea princess

~Mist~

revolutionary~
@ Brian: I can't believe I missed that part! *laughs* Thanks for telling me. And hooray for keeping everyone in character. That's what I like to hear. And sure, you'll definitely be on the PM List. Thanks a bunch for the review!

@ el toro: Thanks so much! I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter. I thought it was a little dull due to the amount of description I put. I'll be glad to put you on the PM List as well.

@ sea princess: I find it funny how everyone was amused by that part. I suppose I put in some comedy without even knowing it? I'll place you on the PM List, too. Thanks for the review.

Also, I may end up changing the rating of this story, depending how the plot develops since most of the story is taken place in a region created by my head. But, I do think a different region may make matters a little more interesting, no? ;D

~Mist~

revolutionary~
AUTHOR'S NOTES
Oh, I'm so sorry to have taken this long for a new chapter. Life really became complicated, and with the combination of procastination... it was worse. So, how long has it been since I last updated? Hmm, last June... wow. Again, I apologize for the long delay. College and running other things really has me busy most of the time. And also, I had taken a break from Pokeshipping, so now that I'm pretty much back into it [I think?!], I hope this chapter is worth a good review. I feel like it lacks a lot of things here. So, I do hope that it's worth reading. ;;

SIEMPRE ESTOY AQUI
CHAPTER TWO: TWO EMOTIONS

“Ash, there you are!” a cheerful voice hollered from the depths of the kitchen.

A sweet aroma filled the house with sweet delight, traveling to the nose of her one and only son. The woman was dressed in her usual attire: a light yet cheery yellow shirt that came with a pink vest (covering her shoulders, no less), and lastly an office looking blue skirt that passed her knees very slightly.

Her little baby, or rather, her son waved to his mother happily. His large, friendly eyes were the hue of dark chocolate, often mistaken for being black. Tiny zigzags were shown under them, reflecting that he was still young regardless of his current age. Black, messy ebony hair was shown under his red hat, decorated with a half arch of the shade of a calm gentle blue. His skin was slightly tanned as always, as one could not help but to notice the facial features were growing older, turning into a man.

She found herself smiling with pride at him. He sure has grown, my little Ash.

“Pika!” a small, high pitched voice cried, wanting to be noticed.

“Oh, hello there Pikachu!” Delia greeted with a large amiable smile as the small yellow rodent jumped into her arms. She held the electric mouse happily, and then pressed against the Pokemon for a gentle embrace. “How are you doing?”

“Chaa!” Pikachu replied in glee.

“We’re doing great, Mom. Glad to be home!” Ash stated with relief, settling himself on the couch.

“I want to say congratulations to you, sweetie for a job well done in the Sinnoh league!”

“Thanks Mom!” Ash replied but then paused, lowering his hat in shame. “But, you know I didn’t win so why are you…?”

“Oh, you know you’re always a winner in my eyes!” his mother assured.

Ash nodded, now thinking about his loss in the recent competition and found himself sighing sadly. He wasn’t the kind of person to be upset over this sort of thing, but he was so close… too close to victory.

How long will it take for him to accomplish such a goal? The only one he could recall winning was the one from the Orange Islands, but that was quite some time ago. Sure, he also beat all the Frontier Brains as well but the feeling was not the same. Why was that? He did not understand… no, he did not.

Maybe he wasn’t training enough. Or wait; was his training even the kind of training champions had? He recalled that others have criticized him for babying his Pokemon too much, often took too many breaks or even the excuse that he wasn’t tough enough himself. Ash sighed a bit, wondering what on earth he was doing wrong.

The very subject of competitions was making him like this, and yet was pressuring him to be more determined than before. He had to do better than that last league for sure. Ash knew that he could do it… no wait, he wanted to do it, yes, that’s it!

His excitement reached at its’ peak when he shouted, “Yeah, I‘ll show them!”

“Pika?” Pikachu asked in confusion, raising a small question mark around his head.

“Show them what, Ash?” his mother asked softly in deep puzzlement.

“I’m going to win the next league, Mom!”

“That’s great, honey!” she cheered, sweatdropping greatly. I forgot how energetic he was into battling. She then brightened, smiling at her son. “Oh, and before I forget to tell you, you got a letter.”

“I did?”

“Yes, it’s from Misty!”

“Really? Awesome!” Ash exclaimed as his mother reached over to one of the bookshelves in the house and retrieved the letter. The front obviously stated both of their addresses in neat, legible handwriting that was slightly slanted towards the right. Misty always had a way with words. The back contained a sweet pattern of her favorite water Pokemon; she always loved them. Smiling, she walked over and placed it into Ash’s hands.

“Her letters are always decorated nicely,” Delia complimented with a smile while Ash fiddled to open it, nearly wanting to rip it into shreds. She snatched the envelope away. “Ash, don’t you know that you have to treat letters from your friends nicely?”

Ash pouted, lowering his head. “Yes, Mom; sorry, Mom.”

“Good, now you’ll open it nicely.” She said, handing the envelope back to him.

He nodded as he glanced over to Pikachu, his ears perking with every sound the envelope made. Once he had opened it, he struggled to grasp the softness of the letter, glancing at his mother who raised an eyebrow.

Man, how on earth did his mother expect him to get a little in this way? Normally, he would rip it open like he used on his early birthdays with a piñata. But now that he was a growing teenager, he was warned by his mother to treat items from others with special care.

It was a darn good thing she didn’t know about the handkerchief. He already knew that Misty along with his mother would massacre him if they were to find out.

Ash gulped at the thought, pushing it away. He wondered what Misty had to say in this letter. Hopefully, she could challenge him to a battle for extra training. Oh, that very thought made him smile without no doubt.

Now that he was finally holding the letter, the young man couldn’t help but to notice the warm textures drawn. There were a few Staryu at every corner; every time he moved his finger over them, he would feel a soft yet funny sort of texture. He could not describe it but it was enough to have him amused.

It was now Pikachu’s turn to raise an eyebrow… wait, did he even have eyebrows?

He grinned, setting his sights on the words.

Dear Ash,
Hi, how’s it going? I hope you’re going along well… regardless that you lost in the Sinnoh League.

What? What was this? He hasn’t even read a whole paragraph yet, and she was making fun of him?! She was playing dirty again.

Anyways, I’m sorry that you lost. That must have been a tough battle. But then again, maybe you should have trained more. I don’t exactly know how much you train your Pokemon, but I’m sure you did your best. See? I told you that it’s going to take a million years for you to become a Pokemon Master!

Oh no, she didn’t. She did not say that. His teeth began to grizzle with anger. Pikachu and Delia stared at each other, and then at Ash who continued reading silently.

Hmm, maybe you should come here more often. You know that I’m a gym leader now, so I get a lot of experience against trainers who often use Pokemon that are strong against water types. I’ll be glad to show you a thing or two. *wink*

He sighed in relief. Well, at least she was hinting that she wanted to battle him.

Otherwise, life for me has been quite stressing. My sisters are almost always out of the gym, doing things to make themselves look perfect while I’m stuck battling all the trainers. You know how it is. It’s tiring to be stuck into this sort of situation, but now I think I’ve adapted well.

He wondered how many battlers she came across in a single day. From the looks of it, it must be a lot of them.

I still really miss you, Ash. How come you haven’t visited me not even once ever since I left you? You barely call me as well. What’s that all about? Have you completely forgotten me? Oh, I hope not…

Ouch, ouch, ouch; that definitely hurt. He had an urge to slam his head against a wall. She was right; he had never visited her since she left. She always ended up going over to him.

Misty was… no, she is a good friend; I’m the lousy one, Ash thought to himself, still reading the following.

Well, I do hope to hear from you soon. You take care of all of your Pokemon. I better not get complaints from any of them, especially Pikachu. Good luck on your next journey! I’ll always be there for you no matter how far away we are.

Your Best Friend,
Misty

He stared at the letter for a long time, rereading the last set of sentences over again. His mother and companion stared at him in wonder until he sealed the letter back into his envelope, and placed it into his backpack.

“Mom, I’m going to visit Misty.”

“That’s good to hear, Ash. I bet she’ll be thrilled to see you.”

Thrilled? She’ll beat me! Ash gulped in his thoughts, but quickly regained posture. “Come on Pikachu, let’s go see what Misty’s up to.”

“Pika!”

His mother’s eyes were filled with such emotion. It was painful to see him leaving once again, going on another journey. She could understand why he wanted to; he was young, outgoing, and born with many dreams that perhaps she is not aware of. Delia knew that her son has always wanted to travel far and wide throughout the world, showing everyone that he wanted to become a master of training Pokemon; he already claimed that dream. She knew had to let him fly away regardless of how dangerous the flight would be. He nearly fell at the start of his journey but then soured the skies with such confidence… that was her Ash. The mother had faith in her son, and she knew that he will accomplish that dream someday.

“Mom, are you okay?” Ash asked softly, his hand on her shoulder.

She nodded slowly, his lips turning into a gentle smile. “Yes, I know you can do it.”

“Eh?”

“Ash, what are you waiting for? Go to her, son.”

“I will, Mom. Thanks for everything.” Ash thanked, standing up from the couch. Pikachu jumped on his shoulder, its’ small delicate eyes staring at his mother.

“Best of luck to the both of you, I know you’ll both be great.” Delia stated with pride, her eyes a bit teary.

“I know.” Her son replied with a gentle smile while the two went towards the door.

“Oh, wait! I forgot to hand you two something to eat!” his mother piped, running into the kitchen.

Ash and Pikachu faced each other and sweatdropped a bit, waiting for her. After a few seconds, she returned with a food tray. Inside were large, mouth-watering rice balls (that smelled delicious, by the way) along with a water bottle that contained orange juice. There was also another tray filled with Pika-chow, a food specifically for Pikachu. She handed the two items to Ash as he placed them into his blue backpack.

“Thanks, Mom; you’re always making great food!”

“It’s what I do, honey.”

He nodded, and then hugged his mother before leaving. “I’ll let you know how I do at the end.”

“I know.”

The three bid goodbye, knowing that they would all see each other again sometime. Delia watched them run over the hill of the silent town of Pallet, her lips turning into a smile. Her champion was setting sail just like the old days… except this time, he would have no trouble at all. She knew the outcome.

“There he goes again…” Delia whispered to herself quietly once they were gone. A few tears fell from her soft eyes, traveling down her cheek. She was going to miss him dearly but knew she had to let him go.

“Mime?” a clown-like pokemon came behind her, its’ voice filled with worry. Delia smiled as her only pokemon offered her a piece of chocolate cake. She held the tiny plate gently, thanking her pokemon. She glanced over at the horizon; no sign of Ash. For a very long time she won’t see him again. He’ll be all right.

Her child will be all right…

AUTHOR'S NOTE [2]
I hope this chapter amused you guys. I had fun writing this chapter with the comedy included. I also loved the input I put from Delia. I enjoy having the inputs of all characters, not just one set character like the majority of fanfiction ofers. so, I hope all of you can enjoy that little difference in point of view; I love to play with it. I do feel like I haven't put enough description since it very often turns off a lot of people. Maybe I'll end up editing this chapter just for that. Although, I do think I did a better job with the interactions of Ash and Delia. You just don't see enough of those from what I know of [pfft, I barely read fanfiction anymore so I'll shut up about that xD]. Reviews/comments are very appreciated! Thank you all very much for reading, and I hope to see opinions!​

Last edited:

shadow_shipper

...indeed...
aaah, an update !
Had I not found this lying around the tenth page or so of the shipping fics while searching for nominations, I would have thought it was a one shot, but I remembered it wasn't :D

The only one he could recall winning was the one from the Orange Islands, but that was quite some time ago. Sure, he also beat all the Frontier Brains as well but the feeling was not the same. Why was that? He did not understand… no, he did not.

But we do ;)

Anyways, I’m sorry that you lost. That must have been a tough battle. But then again, maybe you should have trained more. I don’t exactly know how much you train your Pokemon, but I’m sure you did your best. See? I told you that it’s going to take a million years for you to become a Pokemon Master!

Oh no, she didn’t. She did not say that. His teeth began to grizzle with anger. Pikachu and Delia stared at each other, and then at Ash who continued reading silently.

She sure knows how to push his buttons :D

His mother’s eyes were filled with such emotion. It was painful to see him leaving once again, going on another journey.

Well, if you call going to Cerluean a journey, yeah ^_^'

Ever so enjoyable, it'll be really fun to see the sweet, yet agitated relationship they're going to have when he gets there xD
Hope you update more often Kris, otherwise, nothing wrong here, keep it up ;)

Keep in touch, and go nominate some fics and writers !!! :D *shot*

~Mist~

revolutionary~
Oh yays, a review! Thanks a bunch, shadow_shipper! I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter. I really thought it was crappy, seriously. xD And :O! No mistakes! *applauds herself* Awesome, it's rare not to have a single mistake in a Chapter. I always have some. xDDDD

And holy shrimpcakes, you nominated me with this fic?! ;______________; Oh, that is so kind of you! *gives a mountain of cookies* Thankies~! I'm glad that this fic can make you go "Awwww!" xD It's an honor to be nominated for my two fics. Thanks again! I'll go nominate [even though I rarely read fics *shot* xDDDD]

Yoshi-kun

Wandering the Forums
I saw this in your sig. Kind of after posting a review for your other fic I stumbled across. :p

It's starting out really well, they're all in character. I love what you did with Delia, because you're right. Authors don't seem to include her and the other characters. The description is there. It's a fun fic so far. I'm enjoying it.

“I want to say congratulations to you, sweetie for a job well done in the Sinnoh league!”

“Thanks Mom!” Ash replied but then paused, lowering his hat in shame. “But, you know I didn’t win so why are you…?”

“Oh, you know you’re always a winner in my eyes!” his mother assured.

Ash nodded, now thinking about his loss in the recent competition and found himself sighing sadly. He wasn’t the kind of person to be upset over this sort of thing, but he was so close… too close to victory.

How long will it take for him to accomplish such a goal? The only one he could recall winning was the one from the Orange Islands, but that was quite some time ago. Sure, he also beat all the Frontier Brains as well but the feeling was not the same. Why was that? He did not understand… no, he did not.

Maybe he wasn’t training enough. Or wait; was his training even the kind of training champions had? He recalled that others have criticized him for babying his Pokemon too much, often took too many breaks or even the excuse that he wasn’t tough enough himself. Ash sighed a bit, wondering what on earth he was doing wrong.

The very subject of competitions was making him like this, and yet was pressuring him to be more determined than before. He had to do better than that last league for sure. Ash knew that he could do it… no wait, he wanted to do it, yes, that’s it!

His excitement reached at its’ peak when he shouted, “Yeah, I‘ll show them!”

“Pika?” Pikachu asked in confusion, raising a small question mark around his head.

“Show them what, Ash?” his mother asked softly in deep puzzlement.

“I’m going to win the next league, Mom!”

“That’s great, honey!” she cheered, sweatdropping greatly. I forgot how energetic he was into battling.

It always really nice to see into Ash's mind. It gives him slightly more perspective than just Ash being Ash. Like where you showed his train of thoughts leading up to it there; instead of having him just shout it out.

And the interaction between Delia and Ash is awesome. I love their Mother/Son relationship being portrayed as it should. It's so nice, and refreshing. It makes them more identifiable too.

Anyway nice fic. It looks like it could be really good. Don't worry most of us understand you're busy with school and stuff.

Last edited:

~Mist~

revolutionary~
A review!

Thanks a bunch for the kind words, Yoshi-kun! I like to include the input of other characters, not just for Misty and Ash. I think I'll be doing this throughout the story; I've got plenty of characters who would comment on these two. :3 As for Ash, I figured that I should include his thoughts about the last league. I honestly cannot picture him winning but I'll be surprised if he actually does. Anyways, trianing never ends for Ash, or at least in his eyes.

Thanks! I try my best, and I'll keep improving this one. I should write Chapter Three sometime soon, and boy will that chapter be fun. xD Thanks for your thoughts again! Happy to see a review. :3