• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sigh, Microsoft

Magnegross

peepee ding dong
So, apparently Microsoft is working on a new console for expected release in 2012-2013.

Discuss.

Also, don't mind the date mentioned under the title (March 13, 2007?), I do not know why that's there.

READ: The article was made in 2007, due to rumors. However, instead of creating a brand new article, the author added on the CONFIRMED part of the Xbox 720 release earlier this month.

Last edited:

Original151Rocks

My Answer Is Yes
I mean it was bound to happen everntually with the success of xbox 360

Magnegross

peepee ding dong
Don't get me wrong; I'm excited. It's just I feel it's going to be another thing to buy. I still live at home, so it's not like money comes rolling in for me to spend.

BREAKING NEWS:
A system becomes outdated, newer and more powerful components become available, and less expensive to use. Company decides its time for something new to milk cash out of. Details at 11.

Its absolutely no surprise at all. The hardware the 360 was running when it came out was top of the line at the time, but now its pretty laughable, compared to a lot of PCs. They're going to milk the 360 as long as possible, especially since the Kinect just launched only last year, then they'll make their announcement.

Also, quote from the article:
While Sony already admitted to be thinking about the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo are no doubt developing a Wii 2
I think this article might be a little older than you think. Also, the comments go back...quite a bit.

BCVM22

Also, don't mind the date mentioned under the title (March 13, 2007?), I do not know why that's there.

Articles don't get date-stamped accidentally, son. You started a thread because you stumbled across an article from four years ago and somehow interpreted it as being new and breaking news.

Magnegross

peepee ding dong
Articles don't get date-stamped accidentally, son. You started a thread because you stumbled across an article from four years ago and somehow interpreted it as being new and breaking news.

The article refers to announcements from last month, and other dates after 2007. Actually read it before posting ignorant responses, "son".

In June 2011 a bgr.com source stated Microsoft’s Entertainment and Devices Division plans to unveil their next-generation Xbox console at E3 2012, whose pre-E3 press conference falls on June 11, 2012. The Xbox 720 is said to have been in development since 2006. — A more public man-in-the-know, id Software’s lead programmer John Carmack, stated earlier this month that we should expect Microsoft to announce their next Xbox console at E3 2012, with the new system becoming available in 2013. He told Eurogamer.net that “The next-generation will be here soon, a couple of years.” He added that “It’ll be another ten times as powerful as this [PS3 & Xbox 360 generation]. I’d be surprised if that doesn’t last over a decade before people wind up saying, well, we’ve really tapped out everything you could possibly do on there.”

Read more: Next Xbox 720 to launch in 2012-2013 according to Microsoft http://www.videogamesblogger.com/20...2012-according-to-microsoft.htm#ixzz1T3hS0YH6

Last edited:

BCVM22

Actually read it before posting ignorant responses, "son".

Says the guy who felt the need to start this thread.

Doesn't change the fact that the majority of the article's material is at least a year out of date, and the stuff that is newer says nothing but what Armorandonomon pointed out and what anyone with some knowledge of how the video game industry works probably could/should figure out for themselves.

Again, you came across a very old article with a minimum of relevant information and plenty of hearsay, rumors and the painfully obvious ("Microsoft will eventually release new hardware") and for some reason decided to make a thread about it.

Magnegross

peepee ding dong
Says the guy who felt the need to start this thread.

Doesn't change the fact that the majority of the article's material is at least a year out of date, and the stuff that is newer says nothing but what Armorandonomon pointed out and what anyone with some knowledge of how the video game industry works probably could/should figure out for themselves.

Again, you came across a very old article with a minimum of relevant information and plenty of hearsay, rumors and the painfully obvious ("Microsoft will eventually release new hardware") and for some reason decided to make a thread about it.

The article was created in 2007. However, it was unconfirmed by Microsoft at the time. The confirmation of the unveiling of the product is what let us know they are indeed working on the console. This article was last edited last month, June.

BCVM22

And yet, is there anything to discuss besides the painfully obvious, that Microsoft like all companies is working quietly on their next-generation hardware?

Magnegross

peepee ding dong
And yet, is there anything to discuss besides the painfully obvious, that Microsoft like all companies is working quietly on their next-generation hardware?

Plenty to discuss. Opinions, wanted games, interface, what is wanted, what is not wanted.

Is there anything you do on this forum besides unnecessary attempts at arguing?

Real cool. I doubt you have a life outside of the Internet anyway. There was absolutely no reason to post inside this thread without reading the article and contributing to the conversation.

BCVM22

Plenty to discuss. Opinions, wanted games, interface, what is wanted, what is not wanted.

So blind, wild, baseless speculation, basically.

Is there anything you do on this forum besides unnecessary attempts at arguing?

Absolutely. I sing, dance and tell jokes.

Real cool. I doubt you have a life outside of the Internet anyway.

Nothing makes you look cooler than resorting to childish personal attacks.

There was absolutely no reason to post inside this thread without reading the article and contributing to the conversation.

Sure there was. To point out what should have been obvious to you but apparently was not, that there really isn't anything new, breaking or particularly discussion-worthy about the article you posted.

BCVM22

Are you disagreeing that anyone who does follow the video game industry could have figured what little this article tells us - that Microsoft will release new hardware eventually - without needing to have read this article?

Please. If that's what you qualify as a personal attack, I really don't know what to tell you.

Magnegross

peepee ding dong
Please. If that's what you qualify as a personal attack, I really don't know what to tell you.

I could say the same thing. If what I said seriously harms your feelings in any way, that was pathetic.

Responding to it was even more childish. A mental adult would have ignored it instead of addressing it like I insulted your family.

BCVM22

I could say the same thing. If what I said seriously harms your feelings in any way, that was pathetic.

Responding to it was even more childish. A mental adult would have ignored it instead of addressing it like I insulted your family.

This is nothing more than you trying to muddle the issue. Feel free to continue running around in circles like this if you like. None of it changes the fact that you made a thread based on no real discussion and then got angry and indignant when that was pointed out.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Honestly, I am not sure what to think. I've never been a fan of XBox. Sure they have the quality, just little variety. (The Wii is the other way around, no quality but lots of variety) I honestly wouldn't buy another console for more and more shooters. (As I'm guessing will come out for the XBox) I'd honestly take a console with crappy games but lots to choose from than a console with quality games, yet they're almost all shooters. It's a genre I feel has outstayed its welcome.

...But this is just a guess. I can't be too sure till it comes out.

Magnegross

peepee ding dong
This is nothing more than you trying to muddle the issue. Feel free to continue running around in circles like this if you like. None of it changes the fact that you made a thread based on no real discussion and then got angry and indignant when that was pointed out.

Oh, no, I didn't get angry. I pointed out that it was indeed news and not old like you said. We could have left it at that but you had to go and point out for the third time that this discussion had nothing to it, which is obviously an opinion of one. You can't say that about anyone else.

BCVM22

Yes, because I'm clearly the only one posting here who isn't just brimming over with "Opinions, wanted games, interface, what is wanted, what is not wanted".

Casty

Xbox360 was a good console, but also the one I played the least (besides N-Gage, which was my brothers' anyway). Don't get me wrong, I just found the games available on it to... not quite fit my tastes. The fact that you have to pay for an online mode was a big letdown too. So in short, I'm going to skip Xbox 3 (or whatever it is going to be called) this time around. I will still try to follow any console-related news though.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
I hope this is better than the Xbox 360. My Xbox got the red ring of doom, so I bought a new one. Then that got the red ring of doom. I know the newer Xboxes don't break that easily, but those two incidents caused me to buy a PS3, and the PS3 and it's free online features have not disappointed me yet, though when it went down it did kind of suck.