• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

sign here if you have encounted and/ or caught a shiny!

Status
Not open for further replies.

golduck#1

hey so it's just like the title says have you encounteded and/or caught a shiny.

well with 300 hours on fire red you would of thought i have seen a shiny. and yes i have but it was before i got pokeballs so it didn't count. haven't seen one yet lol.... so have you's caught or seen a shiny

Last edited:

corsolakid

ima gonna smile now!
~I saw and caught a shiny Venonat which I promptly evolved into Venomoth.
~In the Safari Zone, I saw a shiny Dratini. I had 10 safari balls left. i threw every single one of them at it and it didn't run away. I ran out of pokeballs. I cursed quite loudly.
~Although not LG or FR, in my Ruby, i caught a shiny Wismer.

corsolakid ;222;

Dresden

Pokémon Master
The only shiny besides the Red Gyarados that I've ever gotten was a shiny Butterfree back in Gold/Silver.

Dragonite08

I encountered 2 shiny geodudes, but they both used explosion before I could catch them..... :\
also I saw a shiny rhorn but it ran away (safairi zone)
But today i found and caught a shiny psyduck!

I caught a shiny Zubat in Rock Tunnel with my very last Pokéball, then my cousin erased it... :(

Absol trainer

Hidden Valley...
I've caught a shiny koffing in cinnabar, while I was only in there to lvl my tentacool 1 lvl up to evolve in tentacruel.
In saphire I came randomly across a gulpin.
I caught them both

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
*signs... a lot* A have seen (and caught) many shinies.

Leaf Green: Clefairy, Abra, Eevee, Charmander, Moltres, Bulbasaur
Ruby: Latias, Groudon, Rayquaza, Torchic, Regice
Sapphire: Latios, Kyogre, Carvanha (I KO'ed this one >_>)
Diamond: Dialga
Pearl: Palkia, Shellos, Giratina

Plus about 13 PokeRadar shinies. I haven't found anything in Fire Red or Emerald yet.

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
In FireRed, I got shiny Bulbasaur and Moltres. In LeafGreen, I got shiny Squirtle and Articuno. I have more shinies besides these in R/S/E/D and P, from SRing, hatching, random encounter and Pokeradar.

I've caught a shiny shinx, it's actually a funny story how it happened.
I had just started playing Pokemon again after a short retirement from it, and right when dawn gave me the five pokeballs to catch any pokemon i wanted, The first pokemon i encountered was a shiny Shinx. ;006;

mewfanforlife

I caught a shiny Seaking in the Safari Zone a while back.

ChaosAngel

MINE!! :D
In FireRed- Gotten shiny Dratini, Clefairy, and Abra from the game corner.
Sapphire- Spinda, Kyogre, Regice, Regirock, Registeel, and Rayquaza.
Ruby- Oddish, Mudkip and Groudon
Emerald- none.. >_>

Spinda and Oddish were random encounters, while the others were from SRing.

Shiny discussion belongs in the shiny sticky.

Status
Not open for further replies.