• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[Sign-Up] Islands of Origin

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
SteelKing 2012: Don't worry, you're still on time! Sign-ups don't end until Tuesday. And you're SU's looking pretty good. I'll go ahead and add you.

Spandex Faffy

Campin' it up
Remove me from potentials, my keyboard is currently busted and I am reduced to using the on screen keyboard for e, d, c and 3

Remove me from potentials, my keyboard is currently busted and I am reduced to using the on screen keyboard for e, d, c and 3

Shame, hopefully you get a new keyboard soon, Epic actually also had this problem not too long ago.

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
Epic actually also had this problem not too long ago.

Ugh. Don't remind me...

Yeah, it is a shame that you won't even get a chance. :( These things do happen, as unfortunate as it may be.

As for the rest of you, sign-up judging is tomorrow! So, go and edit your SUs as much as you may need to! For the people that get in, I will be creating the RP and Discussion thread the next day, and I will PM each of you the link.

Ugh. Don't remind me...

Yeah, it is a shame that you won't even get a chance. :( These things do happen, as unfortunate as it may be.

As for the rest of you, sign-up judging is tomorrow! So, go and edit your SUs as much as you may need to! For the people that get in, I will be creating the RP and Discussion thread the next day, and I will PM each of you the link.

You lovely person you.

Do you think that I should edit my SU?

You're joking right? Look how long your SU is compared to the rest of us, it hardly needs editing.

I meant taking stuff off, it's a bit too long.

Oh well, unless it ups my chances, I will not be editing my SU.

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
If there's anyone who should be editing their post it's me.

Granted, in terms of length I'm in 4th place, but you can be surprised with what other people can come up with in less than 24 hours.

Well, length ≠ quality, you know...

Hence why I said 'in terms of length'.

I imagine you are going to be judging us on more factors than just how long our sign up is.

Edit: I don't mean to sound like a smartass.

I'm going to go take away a bit from my SU now.

The.Meta

I'm amused at how nobody made the "Size matters" joke. Alas my SU isn't perfect but I think its still fairly strong. Confidence is key with stuff like this, or else you'll second guess yourself out of the race.

Andydemon

Nanomachines, Son!
I'm amused at how nobody made the "Size matters" joke. Alas my SU isn't perfect but I think its still fairly strong. Confidence is key with stuff like this, or else you'll second guess yourself out of the race.

I don't know about any "size matters" joke, but I'm not expecting to get in just because my SU is 4th or 5th longest in the thread, in fact I'm pretty anxious right now.

I don't claim to be a competent writer, so I was actually surprised to see my SU getting praised the way it did. I don't feel like I did anything special either besides put in a more detailed personality and a more extensive history than my usual norm.

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
... what is SU?

It's a bit difficult to write like a big writer, imo. But hey, it's no competition

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
Alright, everyone, sign-ups are now officially over! Thanks, everyone, for signing up. I got a lot more sign-ups than I expected, that's for sure. So, without further ado, I'll announce my picks for the 5 spots.

1. Ryuka the Riolu - Andydemon
2. Lisander the Kecleon - rabidepicgoose
3. Skaro the Weavile - The.Meta
4. Jet the Floatzel - Billy Mays
5. Uzi the Umbreon - LCrackedCD

So, these are my final choices. I'm sorry for those of you that didn't get accepted, I appreciate your efforts. I am currently working on setting up the RP Thread, and it along with the Discussion Thread will be up tomorrow. So, thanks to everyone who signed up and congratulations to the future participants!

Alright, everyone, sign-ups are now officially over! Thanks, everyone, for signing up. I got a lot more sign-ups than I expected, that's for sure. So, without further ado, I'll announce my picks for the 5 spots.

1. Ryuka the Riolu - Andydemon
2. Lisander the Kecleon - rabidepicgoose
3. Skaro the Weavile - The.Meta
4. Jet the Floatzel - Billy Mays
5. Uzi the Umbreon - LCrackedCD

So, these are my final choices. I'm sorry for those of you that didn't get accepted, I appreciate your efforts. I am currently working on setting up the RP Thread, and it along with the Discussion Thread will be up tomorrow. So, thanks to everyone who signed up and congratulations to the future participants!

Yay! I'm in, I'll go text LCrackedCD!

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
Given that Lance is going to be very prevalent in my posts, I'm going to post his information here.

Name: Lance

Species: Escavalier

Faction: Feulis-dweller (former Arceus soldier)

Island: Used to be Destirae

Moves: Iron Head, X-Scissor, Slash, Swords Dance

Personality: Before he left the Runark army, he was a very powerful fighter. He still is, but he no longer has much will to fight if it's avoidable. He's a very kind and thoughtful person, and always listens to every side of a story before making a decision. This leads him to try and make every party happy with compromise, but it doesn't always work. When it doesn't, he can't help but obsess over it until it does, and will even go so far as to drive himself insane (but not permanently). Usually it never ends up being so drastic, fortunately. He is a very concerned individual, worrying too much about everything.

Despite not being a fighter most of the time, he takes good care of his lances and armor. He is extremely courageous, facing even the most powerful of foes without so much as a flinch. The one thing he fears is the portals, and it's easy to see why. Despite all of this, he's a big softie. He can convey almost everything he's thinking through his eyes so that even the least attentive can tell what he's feeling.

When found in a combat situation, Lance faces his foe with honor and bravery. He uses brutal attacks, leaving himself open defensively. Defense isn't really a concern of his, however--his armor deflects a good deal of attacks, so he can fight without holding back. When facing a foe that keeps at a distance, he throws one of his lances like a spear. This usually doesn't work and is mostly a last-ditch effort, but when it does, he quickly gains the upper hand.

History: For the first few years of his life, he trained like an ancient Spartan to become part of Runark's army. From birth, he trained to one day don the armor of an Escavalier, making wooden armor and weapons by whittling with his horn. Back then, he was incredibly violent and had a short temper, lashing out at even those closest to him at the slightest provocation. He found it hard to make friends due to his focus on battle and training. He was a fervent believer in Arceus, and owned several holy books that told of the legends associated with him.

As soon as Lance got his Escavalier armor, he joined the army. He served in a good deal of battles, surviving all of them thanks to the others in his unit and the protectiveness of his armor. But seeing the carnage of war was a lot for Lance to handle. The bodies all around him, the attacks flying through the air above and around him, the many times he saw someone die with his own eyes, the many times he killed. It wasn't too big of a deal at the time, but it added up towards the end of his term.

Something changed in Lance when he was done with his term in the military. Battle, religion, and training just didn't seem so important anymore. That armor was all he had ever truly wanted, and now that he had it, he felt accomplished. He started to question his own views and personality afterwards. He found a place where he could think, to be alone with his thoughts. He decided that he wanted to start a new life, and started looking for an excuse to leave the island. His chance soon came--a group of Pokemon were scheduled to travel to Nitraga to escape Runark's harsh conditions. He got on the boat, and during the night, took a raft and sailed where the ocean took him. After a few days of harsh travel, that place turned out to be Feulis. He looked for a job, and found an opening as a caretaker for Diana. He immediately took the job.

The two of them became fast friends, as seen in Diana's own history. He still takes good care of her to this day.

Other: All of the normally red parts of Lance's armor have been dyed/painted gold.

Last edited:

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
If you've seen the post on the Discussion Thread, then you know this already, but I am re-opening sign-ups for Soldiers ONLY for the next ten days. If a Feulis-Dweller Sign-Up is submitted during this time, I will reject it outright.