1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest
    As I'm sure you're well aware, sites aren't free to run and so we run leaderboard adverts to fund the site. These ads are often specific game ones run by Sega etc.
    To make sure we get relevant ads as much as possible, could you fill out this survey my ad network is running? It's 100% anonymous and will just help us keep relevant ads on the site
    https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/8GL2ZTK
    It's open til April 3rd
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Signature Pokemon of the Kalos Region

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by shoz999, Apr 13, 2019.

1. shoz999

shoz999 ... Don't laugh.

What are "Signature Pokemon"? They are the Ace Pokemon, the strongest of the strong, the most well-known team member, the representation of their trainers. Usually there's only one signature Pokemon but in rare cases like Korrina's team, there can be more than one. Anyways the list is the Favorite Signature Pokemon of the Kalos region. Also keep in mind, signature Pokemon are based on only the games. No Pokemon Adventures manga, no Pokemon anime, just the games.

The list below is just my personal categorization of what I think are the signature Pokemon of each trainers. These are my opinions and do not necessarily represent what the overall fanbase believes. Feel free to disagree or point out anything you feel missing. The Battle Chatelaines have not been included due to the lack of anything that resembles a signature Pokemon.

Known Characters of Kalos
    • Tierno's Crawdaunt
    • Trevor's Florgres
    • AZ's Floette
    • Sina's Glaceon
    • Dexio's Espeon
    • Emma's/Essentia's Espurr
    • Grace's Rhyhorn & Fletchling
    Team Flare
    • Lysandre's Gyarados & Pyroar
    • Xerosic's Malamar
    • Mable's Weavile
    • Celosia's Drapion
    • Bryony's Bisharp
    • Aliana's Druddigon
    Kalos Gym Leaders
    • Viola's Vivillon
    • Grant's Amaura and Tyrunt
    • Korrina's Lucario and Hawlucha
    • Ramos's Gogoat
    • Clemont's Heliolisk
    • Valerie's Sylveon
    • Olympia's Meowstic
    • Wulfric's Avalugg
    Elite Four & Champion
    • Siebold's Barbaracle
    • Wikstrom's Aegislash
    • Drasna's Noivern
    • Malva's Talonflame & Pyroar
    • Diantha's Gardevoir

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019 at 5:41 AM
  2. Thakamizu

Thakamizu Wicked Angel Witch

Aegislash: a giant, cursed, royal shield/sword kit. What's not cool about it? I especially like the look of its sword form.
    Sylveon: this pixie looks just like a sweet. Interesting fact is how in the Italian version the Fairy-type is known as "Tipo Folletto", which means "Pixie-type" and that's why I like to call this Eevee's evolution after the latter.
    Gogoat: gotta say I really love the grassy, almost ornamental characteristics filling its figure and the somewhat wise look by which is surrounded.

shoz999 likes this.
  3. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

Heliolisk, it has a cool design and a pretty good movepool, even learning Surf.
    Other signature Pokemon I like are Gogoat, Hawlucha, Aegislash, Sylveon and Gardevoir.

shoz999 likes this.
  4. Ignition

Ignition Stop neglecting my sad bois GameFreak.

Still dislike Diantha having a Mega Gardevoir :/

Definitely Heliolisk & Pyroar. Heliolisk is my third favorite Kalos Pokèmon and I thought a Fire type cat was great Incineroar took that but don’t mind that. Plus these are the only 2 that I immediately associate with their respective Trainers

Also you put “Known Characters of Unova” instead of Kalos

shoz999 likes this.
  5. shoz999

shoz999 ... Don't laugh.

Thanks for pointing that mistake out. On another note, I always thought that was annoying that Diantha had a Mega Gardevoir. They should've gave her at least two signature Pokemons if they wanted Mega Evolution to play a big role. They could've given her that Goodra who is the only Pseudo-Legendary aside from Tyranitar who doesn't appear to be a signature Pokemon of any trainer. Oh man, off-topic but if they ever do a Let's Go Johto, please have a new Johto-Themed Champion with Tyranitar as a Signature Pokemon.

Ignition likes this.
  6. Ignition

Ignition Stop neglecting my sad bois GameFreak.

I was thinking Florges. Somewhat similar to Cyrus & Cynthia’s relationship, Diantha & Lysandre are somewhat opposites. While Lysandre has fierce and intimidating signature Pokèmon, she has more elegant Pokèmon. While it would give her 2 Fairies, keep in mind she has 2 Rock & Dragon Types (I’d honestly rework her entire team as half her team is used by other important NPCs). And since Florges is Trevor’s ace, I’d give him Trevenant. Pangoro is oddly one of the few Kalos Pokèmon not used by anyone so maybe Diantha could use it? Just spitballing here lol

7. shoz999

shoz999 ... Don't laugh.

If it were up to me, I'd give Diantha's team a more fairytale theme. Honestly her team does have that fairytale look with Gardevoir, Goodra and the two fossil Pokemons synergize pretty well with their king-like features. The only Pokemon that seems out of place however is Hawlucha. Kind of curious why the devs put Hawlucha on her team. Movie star-theme maybe? If it were up to me, the Pangoro Pokemon would make a good replacement.

Ignition likes this.