• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Signature Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two. It only counts as one if they share the same url.

important notice

i have made a break through milotic can learn calm mind who ever can get a hold of the manager plz tell him to change millotics breedable moves breed a slowking that knows calm mind and breed it with a female milotic and u will get a feebass with calm mind plz give credit to me and some u

Noheart

The Abysswalker
I gots a question...

A mod deleted my signature for "avoiding the censor"... I don't see anything in the signature rules that states: No swearing... It was also my first warning which ment that my whole signiture wasn't supposed to be deleted.

If this is against the rules, please update it, thanks...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 11515

I gots a question...

A mod deleted my signature for "avoiding the censor"... I don't see anything in the signature rules that states: No swearing... It was also my first warning which ment that my whole signiture wasn't supposed to be deleted.

If this is against the rules, please update it, thanks...

Might I be the first to welcome you to SPPf. ^^;

In case you didn't know, the usage of foul language is frowned upon.
And you can see your usernotes here.

Latios gave you your first strike for vertical stacking.
I gave you your second strike for evading the swear filter.

Second strike = Entire signature removal, according to the first post of this thread.

General rules apply here. :)

Sir Devious

Sir Devious
If a sig was permanently banned is there ANY way to get it back? Most of my infractions for it were a picture being a little bit too big and there was this one animation that was too "long", and it's been about 8 months and I really want it back. :[

I just want one small banner or something?

EDIT: One violation was when I first joined, I had too many images. The next two took place in 2006, my images were slightly too big. My next one was in 2007 for having too many font colors, and my last was in December for my animation being too big [meaning long].

They are all small mistakes that I wont stupidly do again, so is it possible for a last chance, even with limitations, to be given?

Last edited:

Angeling

true love
If a sig was permanently banned is there ANY way to get it back? Most of my infractions for it were a picture being a little bit too big and there was this one animation that was too "long", and it's been about 8 months and I really want it back. :[

I just want one small banner or something?

EDIT: One violation was when I first joined, I had too many images. The next two took place in 2006, my images were slightly too big. My next one was in 2007 for having too many font colors, and my last was in December for my animation being too big [meaning long].

They are all small mistakes that I wont stupidly do again, so is it possible for a last chance, even with limitations, to be given?
No. Once an administrator removes your signature privileges, it's final. You've had FIVE chances to learn your mistake and do the right thing. Five is more than enough.

Angeling

true love
Yes, I know I am double posting, but I am here to mention that I added a new "rule" or just an additional thing about the "purely caps" part of the Signature Rules. Please read on it.

Might I suggest removing some of those red 'new's? Some of those are quite old and it'd be easier to find the current new rules if we didn't have to search through all of them. Doesn't matter either way but I think it'd make the newest rules more noticeable.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Don't ask questions like that here. Also, look around in the FAQ and Newbie Lounge forums before you ask; stuff like that is easy to find.

User CP -> Edit Signature. Then put what you want there as long as it follows the rules.

Angeling

true love
For me, we don't need over 100x100 pixels like 200x200 pixels.
Also only at least 100x100 pixels.
Huh? You said it, for you. It's to be fair to everyone else, you know. :/ Some people want a bigger image so for others to be able to do that, they can split it to two/three images under the limit.

Don't be silly/selfish.

Kataki

complete.
Adding to the rule of not having purely capital letters, you may have only uppercase letters as long as the total number of letters is equal to or less than TWENTY (20) characters.
TWENTY CAPS CHARACTERS
That's how many are allowed in a signature now? What a failure of a rule. Seriously, why is it there, even? In case someone's allergic to CAPITOL letters? ._.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
S'cuse me, but you don't need to be so rude in expressing your dislike of a rule. It's not how many are allowed in a sig; it's that if you only have caps you may only have 20 letters (that means you can have as many numbers and other non-letter characters as you want to go with those). Be happy you get 20, the old rule was no pure caps at all. And it's not in case someone is "allergic," it's because people may find it annoying, just like overly-stacked sigs and huge pics.

Kataki

complete.
Ah. Well, I read it wrong then, I thought it meant the WHOLE signature, not just purely caps signatures.

Sorry for not reading correctly, not sorry for expressing my opinion like that.

Angeling

true love
Kataki: you know what? Just cuz I'm feeling rather alright at the moment, I won't issue an infraction... but while it's not against the rules to express your own opinions, you can do it in a different way. If you don't understand something, ASK, instead of going berserk at the new rule. Also, if you read CAREFULLY where the section that my newly added "rule" is, you'd know it's under the "all caps" rule. So yeah, be friggin' happy that I actually give lenience to those who want to have PURELY caps in their signatures than having to give them a strike just cuz they happen to put in their signature: "FC: MYCHARNAME 000-00-000" or whatever.

Just read this, but if you reply in this thread, I won't be nice anymore. Cuz your kind of attitude is the kind that I despise. I do something nice for the members and this is what I get? Psh, I don't need to deal with that. I can always just remove the "20 CAPITAL LETTERS" exception so anyone who happens to have even a few but only caps letters in their signature will get a strike.

Last edited:

magnetaura

You pathetic humans
I respected all the rules but I totally don't have any idea how to integrate it. I click on the Image button to integrate my signature picture but there's an X icon. Someone help me with that PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.