• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Signature Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
magnetaura, this thread isn't for help with setting up your signature, only for providing the rules. I think your problem is you need to upload your image at a hosting site (I use www.*******.com) and paste the link that has IMG tags around it into your signature.

Right, let me get this straight. Say if I added a sentence at the bottom of my signature (if there is enough room) saying

THIS IS A TEST SENTENCE IN ALL CAPITALS

Would it be a very very bad thing? (as in smashing a sig rule)

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
If you added that and kept your lowercase letters you'd be fine, but if you only had that, you'd be breaking a rule. But,
THIS IS NOT A PLACE FOR ASKING IF CERTAIN THINGS WOULD BE OKAY IN YOUR SIGNATURE! USE THE OFFICIAL SIGNATURE CHECK THREAD IN NEWBIE LOUNGE!!!

Then whats the point of a Signature Rules thread where normal members can post in? o_O

And I know about that damn Sig Check thread. My signature is fine and has no need to be checked. I know the damn rules well enough.

Last edited:

razor fire

uhm.. no it isn't :/ 126 x 315 is not over the size limit if I'm right. the limit is 46800 if I'm correct and that image isn't more than 39690.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Then whats the point of a Signature Rules thread where normal members can post in? o_O

And I know about that damn Sig Check thread. My signature is fine and has no need to be checked. I know the damn rules well enough.
I wasn't specifically referring to you with my post. But obviously if you were asking about a rule, you don't "know the damn rules well enough." I don't know what the point of having this thread open is (personally, I think it should be left closed), but it's not to ask questions that belong in the Sig Check Thread, which is questions about adding something to your own sig.

Night Shadow

BRRAAP BRRAAP
If a had these chaos in my sig (about four) would that be okay. They are really small and came from the Fan Art Shops, here is an example
chao3shop-dv.png
-Credit to Dark Firebird

Warfare

liverliverliverliver
If a had these chaos in my sig (about four) would that be okay. They are really small and came from the Fan Art Shops, here is an example
chao3shop-dv.png
-Credit to Dark Firebird
This rule thread is used for several reasons. To state the signature rules, to inquire about the rules, but not any "is my signature fine?"-esque posts.
Otherwise, go here:
^__________^

Palamon

Silence is Purple
I recommend someone locks this up these are rules arent they?

TreatTheSickness

Is There a Cure?
Hey, Correct me if my Signature is too big please! sorry i just joined, but im used to VBullitins~;479-w;

Is my signature too big? Please tell me!

Angeling

true love
STOP ASKING IF YOUR SIGNATURE IS FINE OR NOT IN HERE. THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR IT. GO TO THE SPPF HELP & NEWBIE LOUNGE FOR THE SIGNATURE CHECK THREAD. AND DO NOT POST RANDOMLY ABOUT SIGNATURES HERE EITHER.

Why is this still open? In case anyone has any inquiries/problems or don't understand something in regard to the Signature Rules, they can post about it here... However, if this just keeps up with posts about "IS MY SIGNATURE FINE???" or plans about your own signature like MorseCoder's post just above mine, I might have to end up closing this.

SmoG878

i'm not dead...srsly
Um, i don't know how to post a sig. my images are on my USB but when i need to put an image on it asks for a web address:p

Sapphire Milotic

Wait, how come you aren't allowed to have one large 400x200 banner and not be allowed to have any more 200x200 images on your signature? I think that would work much better but that is just my opinion...

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
Um, i don't know how to post a sig. my images are on my USB but when i need to put an image on it asks for a web address:p

There is a Newie FAQ in the Newbie Forum. I suggest you read it.

Wait, how come you aren't allowed to have one large 400x200 banner and not be allowed to have any more 200x200 images on your signature? I think that would work much better but that is just my opinion...

Because if we allowed 1 400*200 image people would want three in accordance with the three image limit. That's a huge amount of pixels for one sig. If you want a 400+200 image, you can make 2 200+200 images and place them beside each other like it says, to mimic the size. Otherwise you get people with 600+400 size sigs.

dec52895

Banned
Can I put **** dick **** dick **** in my sig?

Status
Not open for further replies.